SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs PIONEERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I don't know if this is news or not, or where to post it, but since this thread is getting read now, I'll stick it here. Looks like we might get a USHL expansion team.

United States Hockey League ready to begin team for proposed Rothschild Expo Center

Wausau Daily Herald

The proposed 5000-seat ice arena in the Cedar Creek area under preliminary development would likely draw a hockey team, according to President of the United States Hockey League, Gino Gasparini.

Preliminary drawings for the $20 million ice area and exposition center are being developed and should be available in two weeks, said Jim Jacobson, the development manager for Dixon Co., involved in the project.

About 10 people gathered at the Rothschild Village Hall Monday night to hear an update on the project, which is slated for completion in spring 2009.

Jacobson revisited the specifics of the facility, which will feature two ice rinks, seating for 5,000, several private boxes, a sports bar/restaurant and a state-of-the-art sound system for big-name musical performers.

Gasparini said his league is ready to expand their franchise and could use the facility for its 32 home games a year.

Hmmm.... something doesn't add up at face value.

Question: Which of these doesn't make sense?

A) None of the nation's top 50 scorers play for UND.

or

B) 3 of the top 7 in the WCHA play for UND.

I think if you look at the goal tending leaders from the WCHA Nationally and the refing I think there is a reason for the drop off.

If you look at the numbers it is pretty impressive. That is not a lot of goals being given up.

Goals Against Average: Minutes GA GAA

1 Jean-Philippe Lamoureux North Dakota SR 1594:53 46 1.73

4 Michael-Lee Teslak Michigan Tech JR 783:16 24 1.84

5 Richard Bachman (DAL) Colorado College FR 1498:24 46 1.84

12 Mike Zacharias Minnesota State JR 1542:51 54 2.10

15 Alex Stalock (SJS) Minnesota Duluth SO 1576:03 56 2.13

16 Alex Kangas (ATL) Minnesota FR 1094:54 39 2.14

17 Peter Mannino Denver SR 1565:09 56 2.15

24 Shane Connelly Wisconsin JR 1614:35 62 2.30

Save Percentage: Saves GA Save%

1 Jean-Philippe Lamoureux North Dakota SR 652 46 .934

2 Michael-Lee Teslak Michigan Tech JR 319 24 .930

4 Richard Bachman (DAL) Colorado College FR 601 46 .929

12 Alex Kangas (ATL) Minnesota FR 468 39 .923

14 Alex Stalock (SJS) Minnesota Duluth SO 661 56 .922

16 Mike Zacharias Minnesota State JR 630 54 .921

17 Peter Mannino Denver SR 652 56 .921

Edited by Goon

Hmmm.... something doesn't add up at face value.

Question: Which of these doesn't make sense?

A) None of the nation's top 50 scorers play for UND.

or

B) 3 of the top 7 in the WCHA play for UND.

Actually T.J. OShie is in the top 44.

44 Luke Flicek Army SR F 28 9-19-28 1.00

Tyler Burton Colgate SR F 28 15-13-28 1.00

Nick Johnson (PIT) Dartmouth SR F 23 6-17-23 1.00

T.J. Oshie (STL) North Dakota JR F 26 12-14-26 1.00

I do have a question & maybe someone can answer this for me please. Does anyone know what station will carry this weekend series online? If so could they please be kind enough to post it thank you. Second, I would love to have the SIOUX SWEEP DU & a Jimmie Johnson win at Daytona & I will be at Daytona for that race.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

I think there is a link to the audio on Fighting Sioux.com in the Souxtra area, you might have to pay a nominal fee to join but you could listen and watch it there.

I think that is correct. Have fun at the race. I see alot of left turns in your near future.

I do have a question & maybe someone can answer this for me please. Does anyone know what station will carry this weekend series online? If so could they please be kind enough to post it thank you. Second, I would love to have the SIOUX SWEEP DU & a Jimmie Johnson win at Daytona & I will be at Daytona for that race.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

https://www.nmnathletics.com//flexReg/doReg...DB_OEM_ID=13500

9.95 for a month pass.

5.95 for 24 hour pass.

Free for audio only but still need to sign up to get it.

Scheduled broadcasts with sign-up link.

Correct me if I'm wrong but when we scored on Sat. in Denver all 3 goals were special team goals: 1SH and 2 PP? We will need to get a couple 5 on 5 goals this weekend as well as a couple PP goals to sweep.

Correct me if I'm wrong but when we scored on Sat. in Denver all 3 goals were special team goals: 1SH and 2 PP? We will need to get a couple 5 on 5 goals this weekend as well as a couple PP goals to sweep.

We do need to get some 5 on 5 goals this weekend, but our pp needs to get better, if i did my math correct we are 1 for our last 22 pp's since the landcow game! We need to create some chances when we are on the PP

I think if you look at the goal tending leaders from the WCHA Nationally and the refing I think there is a reason for the drop off.

If you look at the numbers it is pretty impressive. That is not a lot of goals being given up.

Goals Against Average: Minutes GA GAA

1 Jean-Philippe Lamoureux North Dakota SR 1594:53 46 1.73

4 Michael-Lee Teslak Michigan Tech JR 783:16 24 1.84

5 Richard Bachman (DAL) Colorado College FR 1498:24 46 1.84

12 Mike Zacharias Minnesota State JR 1542:51 54 2.10

15 Alex Stalock (SJS) Minnesota Duluth SO 1576:03 56 2.13

16 Alex Kangas (ATL) Minnesota FR 1094:54 39 2.14

17 Peter Mannino Denver SR 1565:09 56 2.15

24 Shane Connelly Wisconsin JR 1614:35 62 2.30

Save Percentage: Saves GA Save%

1 Jean-Philippe Lamoureux North Dakota SR 652 46 .934

2 Michael-Lee Teslak Michigan Tech JR 319 24 .930

4 Richard Bachman (DAL) Colorado College FR 601 46 .929

12 Alex Kangas (ATL) Minnesota FR 468 39 .923

14 Alex Stalock (SJS) Minnesota Duluth SO 661 56 .922

16 Mike Zacharias Minnesota State JR 630 54 .921

17 Peter Mannino Denver SR 652 56 .921

While those numbers are very impressive and goaltending is certainly a key to the scoring drought. You also have to look at the quality of the shots teams are getting off. With the way they call the games in the league they are playing right into the defenses hands.

Hak said in an interview that last week they weren't working on the pp at all. With a streak of 0 in 20, let's hope they worked on it extra hard this week.

I think he meant for just their off week of practice. I assumed from his comments that it meant they were working on it this week in practice.

I could easily be wrong though. :D

While those numbers are very impressive and goaltending is certainly a key to the scoring drought. You also have to look at the quality of the shots teams are getting off. With the way they call the games in the league they are playing right into the defenses hands.

The goaltending numbers are impressive. They are also helped by the fact that the WCHA allows teams to clutch, grab, and hook and not allow quality scoring chances. With all that going on it is going to help any goaltenders stats.

I think he meant for just their off week of practice. I assumed from his comments that it meant they were working on it this week in practice.

I could easily be wrong though. :D

This isnt Rocket Science - every time the power play goes south, one thing is obvious - we piddle around with the puck until we lose it without ever getting it on net - how we can go from a good power play to this in a week or two is beyond me. The players must know what to do by now - all they have to do is pull the trigger.

This isnt Rocket Science - every time the power play goes south, one thing is obvious - we piddle around with the puck until we lose it without ever getting it on net - how we can go from a good power play to this in a week or two is beyond me. The players must know what to do by now - all they have to do is pull the trigger.

I totally agree, way to much back in forth passing out top, and no shots. Get it on net and good things will happen!

I did see UND is on pace to set a school record for best Power Kill in a season. This season .891, Record 2003-2004 .872

I totally agree, way to much back in forth passing out top, and no shots. Get it on net and good things will happen

Agreed. Funny how in the MSUM series (when the dmen just blasted shots from the blueline and the forwards looked for rebounds), the PP was very effective.

The way the refs call the games is also a huge factor in this. I agree, the refs need to step up.