SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs PIONEERS

AZSIOUX

tn_007.JPGtn_IMG_1484.jpgtn_036.JPG

Big series for the Sioux and Denver. Sioux are up 2 points in the WCHA standings in 2nd place but have played 2 more games than DU overall so that makes these points so important when we play Bemidji State and DU plays a WCHA team. The Sioux come into these games having a bye week as Denver tied friday 1-1 vs the gophers and won Saturday night 4-1. Lets keep the 9 game unbeaten streak going and beat up the Pioneers who lost their leading scorer last week Brock Trotter to the pros. Ruegsegger didnt play vs the Gophers but im assuming he will be back in the lineup vs the Sioux. In the last 4 games the Sioux have played, they have given up 4 goals. 1 per game and during the 9 game unbeaten streak they have allowed a total of 12 goals.

WCHA STANDINGS

nodak.gif - 6th In Pairwise Rankings as of now

Overall Record: 17-8-2

WCHA: 14-7-1, 29 points

Home: 9-4-0

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

huge series for the sioux. they need the points going into a off wcha weekend. i really don't want to see the goofs in the first round and the way the are playing it looks like they are going to be in 7th or 8th so lets go boys take care of business. I don't think du is playing the hockey they want and the sioux have gotten their rest so i think we take 3 of 4 points.

SCSU with a victory against CC last night keeps the race for the cup interesting. A sweep of DU keeps us in the running.

JPL has a chance to back up his league leading stats and solidify himself as a Hobey finalist.

Sioux can move to a #1 seed.

Lots of ifs. I can't make a prediction but I like our chances to do well against DU. Were rested and ready.

Mannino always seems to play well against our SIOUX, hope the boys bury'em early and often. Without Trotter the pioneers looked lost offensively, especially Friday. Is Ruegsegger(sp?) a go for this weekend? Why was he sidelined in the first place?

Hey, buddy buddy

Yeah? buddy buddy

Woah! buddy buddy

LETS GO SIOUX!!!!!! :silly:

Mannino always seems to play well against our SIOUX, hope the boys bury'em early and often. Without Trotter the pioneers looked lost offensively, especially Friday. Is Ruegsegger(sp?) a go for this weekend? Why was he sidelined in the first place?

Hey, buddy buddy

Yeah? buddy buddy

Woah! buddy buddy

Hey, buddy buddy

Yeah? buddy buddy

Woah! buddy buddy

Having watched DU beat Gophers rather handily last night, I think they looked anything but lost. They played with a lot of intensity and in many ways remind me of the Sioux. Overall, a young team but play with great energy and have superior goaltending. Sioux will need to bring everything they have to win against DU.

This will be anything but an easy matchup for the Sioux. Denver may be missing Trotter, but the Sioux will be missing Finley for the first game, and their Coach for both (though I don't think the latter will do anything but entice them to play with more heart). Mr. Eades is comfortable at the helm, and the team is comfortable with J-P between the pipes.

The points at stake for the weekend are HUGE for both teams and the intensity will be high. This could be the best series of the year at the REA...those of you with tickets are in for a real treat.

Look for Kaip and Duncan to set the standard for working hard each shift...the rest of the team will follow.

I look for the team to raise their sticks and salute Coach Hakstol and the rest of the fans on Saturday night! :silly:

GO SIOUX!!!!

This will be anything but an easy matchup for the Sioux. Denver may be missing Trotter, but the Sioux will be missing Finley for the first game, and their Coach for both (though I don't think the latter will do anything but entice them to play with more heart). Mr. Eades is comfortable at the helm, and the team is comfortable with J-P between the pipes.

The points at stake for the weekend are HUGE for both teams and the intensity will be high. This could be the best series of the year at the REA...those of you with tickets are in for a real treat.

Look for Kaip and Duncan to set the standard for working hard each shift...the rest of the team will follow.

I look for the team to raise their sticks and salute Coach Hakstol and the rest of the fans on Saturday night! :huh:

GO SIOUX!!!!

:silly: what kind of salute :lol:

finley will be in his home white jersey along with the team, zajac was suspended from last saturday. not finley.

SIOUX SWEEP

3-1

4-3

I was listening to part of the DU/Minn game on the radio friday and Denver's announcers were saying that what has gotten DU into trouble the previous weeks was letting people camp out in front of Mannino and getting four five whacks at the puck. Garbage goals could be huge this weekend if we are to be successful. That and in itself could be a problem because I don't think that is something that we do alot is camp out in front of their goal we tend to look more for the highlight reel goal. Could we also figure out someway to get a PP goal or 2 each night. Anything less than 3 points this weekend and we will finish 3rd and in all likelyhood end up as a 2 seed. That being said I think DU has gotten over their problems and this weekend has split written all over it.

I was listening to part of the DU/Minn game on the radio friday and Denver's announcers were saying that what has gotten DU into trouble the previous weeks was letting people camp out in front of Mannino and getting four five whacks at the puck. Garbage goals could be huge this weekend if we are to be successful. That and in itself could be a problem because I don't think that is something that we do alot is camp out in front of their goal we tend to look more for the highlight reel goal. Could we also figure out someway to get a PP goal or 2 each night. Anything less than 3 points this weekend and we will finish 3rd and in all likelyhood end up as a 2 seed. That being said I think DU has gotten over their problems and this weekend has split written all over it.

Note to all the forwards, by the end of Friday's game Mannino should know exactly how many teeth each of you are missing. Here's hoping that he doesn't raise that count.