SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs PIONEERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a sweep would definetly solidify a top two spot in the conference. Even if this team lost Trotter, Bozak, Rakhshani, and Ruegsegger are still very dangerous. I agree with the post earlier about throwing a lot of shots at Manino. Anytime you play a goaltender of that caliber, that is the game plan you should go in with.

I think a sweep would definetly solidify a top two spot in the conference. Even if this team lost Trotter, Bozak, Rakhshani, and Ruegsegger are still very dangerous. I agree with the post earlier about throwing a lot of shots at Manino. Anytime you play a goaltender of that caliber, that is the game plan you should go in with.

I think I would rather have the Sioux play them now then when we played them earlier, I think DU is beatable.

UND needs to stay out of the box and crash the net when they get the chance. Mannio has given up some goals during the

second half of the season.

Memo to the Fighting Sioux mens hockey team:

Miami of Ohio had a physically and mentally demanding road series (at Alaska, like Fairbanks, think: ugly travel) and then an off week before playing a home series that could lock down some post season seeds and questions, against a ranked opponent, namely Michigan at home.

Miami laid an egg during the first period Friday and it effectively cost them 3 of 4 series points.

Demanding road series, off week, post season implications, ranked opponent, big challenge coming at home ...

Sound familiar boys?

See you at 7:37 pm Friday, not 8:20.

DU is not the same team without Trotter. The player that gave us fits last time was Bozak as he was all over the place. Without having Trotter to worry about they can put someone on Bozak (calling Prpich!!) to hound and harass him all night. While DU looked pretty good last night against the Gophers, the Gophers were a team without spark or energy. As soon as they got down, they had the look of defeat on their faces. As Woog stated, it appears that Wheeler has hit the wall and is tired and Barribal is out with an ankle sprain. While DU played decently, they were not playing a good team.

The Sioux have control of their own destiny. They simply need to take care of Denver this coming weekend and then the rest of their WCHA schedule. Take care of Denver and they have a solid chance at #2. If CC stumbles again, they might have an outside chance at #1 in the conference.

This is a great position to be in, compared to the last two seasons at this time.

Memo to the Fighting Sioux mens hockey team:

Miami of Ohio had a physically and mentally demanding road series (at Alaska, like Fairbanks, think: ugly travel) and then an off week before playing a home series that could lock down some post season seeds and questions, against a ranked opponent, namely Michigan at home.

Miami laid an egg during the first period Friday and it effectively cost them 3 of 4 series points.

Demanding road series, off week, post season implications, ranked opponent, big challenge coming at home ...

Sound familiar boys?

See you at 7:37 pm Friday, not 8:20.

The boys will be ready...

I see it this way if we can sweep DU this comming weekend & Jimmie Johnson in the number 48 car wins at Daytona I would say NOW THAT'S A WEEKEND. Anyway I see that we (THE FIGHTING SIOUX) are 4 points behind Colorado Collage I just hope that we can sweep DU & CC get sweep for there be can be a tie for first place. Hey folks it just a though & a wish I can't help that. Second, as for Jimmie Johnson at Daytona he's got the pole postion & I hope for the best & I hope wins Daytona.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

Fortunately, there is still the small possibility of a McNaughton Cup in the future. While the guys can't win it without some help, it's definitely up to them whether they want to be in position to reap the possible reward.

I would think this team will be ready this weekend. Certainly there are no excuses.

Hey Sioux fans,

Coach Gwoz here checking in to see how things are going. Things are OK with myself and the team as of today. Well, actually I forgot to mention we lost our leading scorer to the Montreal Canadians organization. I cant comment on why he left but I wish Brock all the best during his pro career. *kicks his dog* *punches the computer hes typing on* *slams another brewskie* *curses at a picture of jason gregoire*.......................Our team will miss him but with the talents of ruegsegger and rahkshanni and mannino we will be fine. Is it just me as a coach or does it feel like Peter Mannino has been here for 7 years? He is our backbone though. We just came off playing the Gophers, man are they bad. I think they ended up 0 for 20 on the PP in our 4 game sweep vs them this season but thats for another day to discuss. Cant wait to get to Grand Forks, heard it was -40 with windshield last week, damn thats cold. I hope my boys bring their A game because I know they will need it vs the Fighting Sioux.

Sincerely,

du_gwozdecky.jpg

PS.......I have a bum ankle so I wont be able to do any dasher dancing this weekend if need be and yes I do look like Mr Belding from the classic show Saved By The Bell, i posted pics that look like me below :silly:

saved-by-the-bell.jpgSavedbythebellmrbelding.jpg

Hey Sioux fans,

Coach Gwoz here checking in to see how things are going. Things are OK with myself and the team as of today. Well, actually I forgot to mention we lost our leading scorer to the Montreal Canadians organization. I cant comment on why he left but I wish Brock all the best during his pro career. *kicks his dog* *punches the computer hes typing on* *slams another brewskie* *curses at a picture of jason gregoire*.......................Our team will miss him but with the talents of ruegsegger and rahkshanni and mannino we will be fine. Is it just me as a coach or does it feel like Peter Mannino has been here for 7 years? He is our backbone though. We just came off playing the Gophers, man are they bad. I think they ended up 0 for 20 on the PP in our 4 game sweep vs them this season but thats for another day to discuss. Cant wait to get to Grand Forks, heard it was -40 with windshield last week, damn thats cold. I hope my boys bring their A game because I know they will need it vs the Fighting Sioux.

Sincerely,

du_gwozdecky.jpg

PS.......I have a bum ankle so I wont be able to do any dasher dancing this weekend if need be and yes I do look like Mr Belding from the classic show Saved By The Bell, i posted pics that look like me below :lol:

saved-by-the-bell.jpgSavedbythebellmrbelding.jpg

:silly: FANTASTIC

Have you done one from brock trotter YET. if not i think it would be a great one.