SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Gophers, Saturday Night Game Thread

dagies

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that post right there displays the character you have. First and foremost, it's a game. Defending a person who has been nothing but civil, regardless of his allegiance, is not a bad thing.

Did you not listen to Doug and Frank? That is homerism we are SIOUX FANS I don't care about Goffers or there fans. My brother inlaw is a Goofer fan. A F*CKN IDIOT.

Chorney goes in deep and gives up the puck. Gophers score. What is wrong with him lately?

I've been tough on Chorney but I noticed that time that he waited until he knew that the forward (Kozek?) was backing him up on point before he went deep. So I don't blame him for that one.

Nice play by whichever Sioux drew Wheeler off!

Chay was giving Gordon an earful. It's a gutsy move because it could have put the Sioux down 2 guys, though I doubt the ref would call an unsportsmanlike for that in OT. However, I couldn't believe our good luck in that Wheeler jumped in.

Marney, as a little girl, used to help my Mom get her classroom ready at an elementary school on Minot AFB. Be nice to her.
I dig Marney.

I'll watch the replay again but I don't know that the shot on Oshie was all that hard. However, having just found out Oshie is hurt makes me think Zajac was probably responding for that reason. I'm not a big fan of the handshake situation, but I did get a kick out of Guentzel apparently yelling at our coaching staff. Finley seems to have had it in for Wheeler for some time for some reason. I'm guessing there's more to that story than we can see from our seats. But Joe needs to deal with that during the game.

I wondered if Oshie was hurt because he just wasn't as able to dominate tonite like last night. He looked gassed. I wonder how he got hurt?

I fear that we just gave the gophers a reason to rally around each other. They have a top flight goalie, and anything can happen. I would not want to play them again in the playoffs.

As for Gorg asking Kangas about taking on Phil, that was humorous all around. I don't see any reason to get bent about that.

Did Hakstol really fly the bird, or did it just look that way on the tv? He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would do that, and I wonder if his hand was turned at the wrong angle to the camera and looked like it. If he did he deserves to pay the price. Probably the same price as Motzko calling Vandy a f----g p---y.

Did you not listen to Doug and Frank? That is homerism we are SIOUX FANS I don't care about Goffers or there fans. My brother inlaw is a Goofer fan. A F*CKN IDIOT.

Did I say they weren't homers? There are some idiot Gopher fans out there, I'll agree with that, I thought I was going to have to fight one after the Final 5 a few years back; but there are also some level-headed fans out there too. Just an FYI, every fanbase has their share of idiots, including ours. We have enough to give back to plenty of villages.

Did I say they weren't homers? There are some idiot Gopher fans out there, I'll agree with that, I thought I was going to have to fight one after the Final 5 a few years back; but there are also some level-headed fans out there too. Just an FYI, every fanbase has their share of idiots, including ours. We have enough to give back to plenty of villages.

News flash.... we are giving you back. :D

I bet you would have regretted it while spending the night in lock up. I just don't understand why people are willing to get into fights...is it ever worth it?

Did Hakstol really fly the bird, or did it just look that way on the tv? He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would do that, and I wonder if his hand was turned at the wrong angle to the camera and looked like it. If he did he deserves to pay the price. Probably the same price as Motzko calling Vandy a f----g p---y.

Hak definitly flipped off the ref... can't deny that. Right after Malone was sent to the box

I'll watch the replay again but I don't know that the shot on Oshie was all that hard. However, having just found out Oshie is hurt makes me think Zajac was probably responding for that reason.

Zajac's check on Anderson wasn't any Matt Greene hit either. If it happened in front of the net you wouldn't think that much about it.

Still it's the end of the game stuff that just doesn't need to get out of hand. The gofer hit being first was more egregious, not as hard, but higher...than Zajacs merely because of the time left of the game.

The look on Hakstol's face says to mean he did it and he meant it.

After reviewing it, the hit on Oshie wasn't that hard. Osh definitely takes more during games/weekends. However, with emotions as high as they were tonight, and his teammates probably knowing that Osh was playing hurt, it was a natural thing for Zajac to do.

I am sure it wasn't just that hit that set him off. I am sure if was a lot of things said/done durring the game and that hit was the straw that broke the camels' back.

Read my post...you are markerd...I will buy you an M jersey!

Wow, emotions are running high tonight! :D

I don't think defending a Gopher fan (who isn't a jerk) means you ARE a Gopher fan. Calling someone out on a message board is not cool. I've said and written a lot of things on message boards in my time, but I have never called anyone out.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Minnesota. I have been a passionate Gopher hater since the mid 1990's, and to a lesser extent before that. They have annoying media, annoying players and annoying fans (with a few exceptions). But I also work hard to maintain some shred of sportsmanship even during games like this, even if the other side doesn't want to. I did it after the Final Five title game last season (the Wheeler diving OT goal) as I was leaving the X. I suggest everyone on SS.com do the same. Our program has a reputation of class and character, from the coaches and players right down to the fans. Let's not screw that up.

<<<getting down from soapbox>>>

5'8", 165 lb Chay Genoway is more of a man than any of the UMN players, coaching staff, media, or fans COMBINED. And that includes a certain UMN fan many on here are defending. I don't blame him for being frustrated, but I for one think it is unconditionally moronic for him to come onto a Sioux site and spew immediately after an emotional series. Use your effin head and do it somewhere else.

Zajac's check on Anderson wasn't any Matt Greene hit either. If it happened in front of the net you wouldn't think that much about it.

Still it's the end of the game stuff that just doesn't need to get out of hand. The gofer hit being first was more egregious, not as hard, but higher...than Zajacs merely because of the time left of the game.

The look on Hakstol's face says to mean he did it and he meant it.

It was the real deal. I had to back up the dvr and there is no doubt about it.

I've been tough on Chorney but I noticed that time that he waited until he knew that the forward (Kozek?) was backing him up on point before he went deep. So I don't blame him for that one.
No, I think it was Kaip. But still, you're right: that wasn't Chorney's fault.

I dig Marney.
Me too.

Did Hakstol really fly the bird, or did it just look that way on the tv? He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would do that, and I wonder if his hand was turned at the wrong angle to the camera and looked like it. If he did he deserves to pay the price.
The shot of Hak was really quick, but I thought I saw the bird. He and I have talked many times about other coaches losing their composure during a game and costing their teams. So I was really surprised when my eyes saw what appeared to be the bird. I know for sure he dropped a couple f-bomb. It don't take a degree in lip reading to figure that one out.

Probably the same price as Motzko calling Vandy a f----g p---y.
Now THAT I didn't hear. And that is also very surprising.

I can't figure this out. AZSIOUX, I'm from Bemidji too, and I was just wondering if you've been drinking a bit??

nice another b towner, nah im sick as ive ever been in my 26 years. dont know what the hell is wrong so no drinking tonight or last night, first time i havent drank during sioux games since i was 10 :) j/k...........maybe the sauce is what i need to cure myself

I bet you would have regretted it while spending the night in lock up. I just don't understand why people are willing to get into fights...is it ever worth it?

Had I still been in college or the Navy, I'm sure I would have. Fortunately, I had sensed up enough to know he wasn't worth it. Besides, I was enjoying looking at the waitresses too much in the bar.