SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Gophers, Saturday Night Game Thread

dagies

sagard calls 'em as he sees 'em, through clear lenses.

I couldn't tell what Zajac was responding to, so I can't judge how necessary it was. I hope it was necessary, because I could have done without the post-game cross-check, as well as the handshake line dispute. It's one of the cool things about hockey, that teams can go through the line after an emotional battle and shake hands and be done with it.

I don't understand concluding MN is horrible, when they took UND to OT both nights. Or soft, when they were physically with UND all four games this year.

The good thing to take from this weekend is 3 points. The Sioux played hard for the last 5 periods and pretty well (not great).

If there's one bad thing to take from it, it's that MN might have the goalie they've been dreaming of for years. Put a typical MN team in front of Kangas and you have a chance for good success.

Offensively, MN so misses talented defensemen. I noticed a few times where the rushing forward pulled up, and I could feel the pass to the trailer coming, but it never did. That's a trademark MN play, but they don't have the defenseman to make it right now.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His team team is a bunch of girls playing D1 hockey. They are the biggest bunch of pussies that I have ever seen. I enjoy watching UND against every other team in the WCHA, but when they play the goofs it is a different game, dives, cheap shot behind the play, thats all the Goofs have, and its all UND'S fault

I will agree with you on the Goofs. They are probably the most annoying team in the WHCA. And, what makes it worse is their fans - any good body check draws a huge round of boo's from those losers!

But, that has nothing to do with calling out Sagard. Not very cool.

1 thing you gotta love sagard is kangas!! damn solid

Yeah his play has been nice. Sadly he's been racking up the stats, but not the wins. He certainly could have had that Finley slapper last night. I'm guessing the Sioux would have tied it at some point, but it sure hurt to give up the lead so quickly after taking the lead.

The best part about him is he doesn't let a bad goal affect him like Frazee. He just picks himself up and keeps going.

I haven't been up on the game as much this year, but JPL and that CC freshmen seem like the best I've seen this year.

I couldn't tell what Zajac was responding to, so I can't judge how necessary it was

Assumed it was Anderson that sticked Oshie in the head after the faceoff but it was Carman; Zajac just retaliated on the wrong guy, or maybe the nearest Gopher jersey.

His team team is a bunch of girls playing D1 hockey. They are the biggest bunch of pussies that I have ever seen. I enjoy watching UND against every other team in the WCHA, but when they play the goofs it is a different game, dives, cheap shot behind the play, thats all the Goofs have, and its all UND'S fault

And this forum is here for you to give that opinion, but why move to the next level? We've got many Gopher fans who troll on this site from time to time, but Sagard's not one of them. He admits when his team plays like s&*@ and is a good sport when our team comes up on the short end. He doesn't come on this site and try to goad people into arguments. He's probably more upset about his team not getting the 2 points, as he knows they needed it.

great outcomes. so we go up 5 points on du and if they sweep out when we dont play they can only up us by 3 total..nice work sioux.maybe cc will stumble a couple times, we keep the unbeaten streak going and battle for the crown!

1. GREAT

2. GREAT

3. GREAT

4. im plenty happy with 3 points against the gophs. they played much better than a road team. and kangas did save the gophers. lam did awesome for us too.

Yeah his play has been nice. Sadly he's been racking up the stats, but not the wins. He certainly could have had that Finley slapper last night. I'm guessing the Sioux would have tied it at some point, but it sure hurt to give up the lead so quickly after taking the lead.

The best part about him is he doesn't let a bad goal affect him like Frazee. He just picks himself up and keeps going.

I haven't been up on the game as much this year, but JPL and that CC freshmen seem like the best I've seen this year.

thats the key, not letting in the crappy ass goal and kanhgas hasnt done that for the most part. phil has played his way into 1st team wcha honors with bachman IMO and those 2 will battle for that. phil also will sneak into hobey talk as well. his GAA is great and he has given up only 12 goals in this 9 game unbeaten streak. 7 games giving up 1 goal in a game and the last 4 have been only 1 goal each.

And this forum is here for you to give that opinion, but why move to the next level? We've got many Gopher fans who troll on this site from time to time, but Sagard's not one of them. He admits when his team plays like s&*@ and is a good sport when our team comes up on the short end. He doesn't come on this site and try to goad people into arguments. He's probably more upset about his team not getting the 2 points, as he knows they needed it.

Fighting on the internet is retarded. Talking S_it on the internet is why it was invented. Write that down.

I apolagize, but I to am very upset, I think that any Goofer fan that can be proud of that team is messed up. THEY ARE A JOKE! I can't wait until Wheeler get to the NHL. IF

I couldn't tell what Zajac was responding to, so I can't judge how necessary it was.

After reviewing it, the hit on Oshie wasn't that hard. Osh definitely takes more during games/weekends. However, with emotions as high as they were tonight, and his teammates probably knowing that Osh was playing hurt, it was a natural thing for Zajac to do.

I apolagize, but I to am very upset, I think that any Goofer fan that can be proud of that team is messed up. THEY ARE A JOKE! I can't wait until Wheeler get to the NHL. IF

The Sioux have had some rough years too, but I've always stuck by them through thick and thin. Just the way it is as a true fan.

I don't understand concluding MN is horrible, when they took UND to OT both nights. Or soft, when they were physically with UND all four games this year.

UND has brought out the best of the Gophers this year. They haven't been able to maintain that level vs. anyone else. I don't buy into the "too many leaving early" crap, these guys just haven't figured out how to play. None of them. Pat White a prolific scorer in the past makes a slick move in the OT corralling the JPL glove rebound, makes a nice drag to the slot and simply has to flip it into the top 2/3s of the net. He wiffs. Story of the season.

The defensive core plays great for two periods and then it's like they trade sticks and all play wrong handed. It's been an embarrasment and 50 teams in the country would kill for the talent tDon has.

And you are?

An old timer who has seen a lot of hockey, made a lot of mistakes, and keeps coming back for more!

I sometimes post emotional (especially on game threads), but have learned over the years that personal attacks are not welcome here. And, they should not be tolerated on any forum. Just look at what a junker USCHO's board is.

Kangas certainly is more solid than Frazee; doesn't give up bad goals, has solid fundamentals, focuses on stopping the puck, keeps it simple. But as some posters have pointed out, Kangas did give up some rebounds tonight and we didn't have someone in position to take advantage of them. That is something we will have to work on for the stretch run to the playoffs. These 30 and 40 foot shots to the goalie's glove side are not going to get it done. We also put shots over the net and wide of the net way too often (I know some of that was the bad ice, but still).

Bottom line 1: Three out of four in Marriucci is good.

Bottom line 2: We will have to play better to get that many points against Denver in two weeks.

After reviewing it, the hit on Oshie wasn't that hard. Osh definitely takes more during games/weekends. However, with emotions as high as they were tonight, and his teammates probably knowing that Osh was playing hurt, it was a natural thing for Zajac to do.

exactly, zajac reacted and did what he did. probably a bit overbaord but oh well. at least lucia acted like he wanted to get tough. god i hope the coyotes deal wheelers rights somewhere for a player

It's pretty boring when you don't have anyone to go back and forth with. Let's give him credit for being 100 times more aware than the Gopher broadcasting crew.