SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Gophers, Saturday Night Game Thread

dagies

:D i like your posts but we havent seperated from you? :) check the wcha standings and the pairwise 5th a little better than 19th with 6 pairwise points ;) and every other ranking out there. if you think your team is good then sorry but they arent. they played the sioux tough as nails all 4 games for sure but that doesnt make a season at all. lammy is better than very good. hes the best in the wcha. kangas may get there someday if the gophers can score more than a goal each weekend. sucks for kangas as hes damn good. bickel started talking sht behind people. hes a tool. nice rant though

Bickel is tough........He's learned from Wheeler, throw a cheapshot and run your mouth, then hide behind the ref. Wheeler sure gave the boards by the penalty box a good shot tonight though after his slashing penalty. What a joke, most overrated player ever drafted that high. He did get that goal at the Final 5 last year though, that makes a career.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, did you watch the games? If you think the difference is major we agree to disagree. I would rather have your team this year, I dont think its that much better to say we suck when you were in a game for the entire 247+ minutes we played this year.

you played the sioux tough. great. thats doesnt mean crap when you score 1 goal a night vs every other wcha team out there. and we outplayed sconnie the whole damn wekend as well and split. it is what it is. you got 1 point again and played the best they possibly could play and played solid. what else do you want?? not much more out there to throw in. if the gohs had a halfway decent team they at least should have won a game. come on. so we now reward teams for being in the games? come on gopherguy33.

Bickel is tough........He's learned from Wheeler, throw a cheapshot and run your mouth, then hide behind the ref. Wheeler sure gave the boards by the penalty box a good shot tonight though after his slashing penalty. What a joke, most overrated player ever drafted that high. He did get that goal at the Final 5 last year though, that makes a career.

yeah wayne is so eager to get wheeler in the system :)

:D i like your posts but we havent seperated from you? :) check the wcha standings and the pairwise 5th a little better than 19th with 6 pairwise points ;) and every other ranking out there. if you think your team is good then sorry but they arent. they played the sioux tough as nails all 4 games for sure but that doesnt make a season at all. lammy is better than very good. hes the best in the wcha. kangas may get there someday if the gophers can score more than a goal each weekend. sucks for kangas as hes damn good. bickel started talking sht behind people. hes a tool. nice rant though

Easy AZ! I never said we were good! :D

Nice juvinile response Let's Go, to be expected from you. :)

THe chaos on the handshake was bush league. This is the WCHA, not junior B in ALberta. Malone needs to cool his jets. You can't ever go third man in. Get the guys number and go after him next shift. That being said, I like sticking up for your teammates, you have to do that. That ruckus began because a Gopher decided to work over the smallest guy on the SIoux roster...really tough. Try that on Kaiper or FInley.

Sioux picked up 3 points in Mariucci without Duncan for tonight's game. I call that a victory.

If Hakstol flipped the bird, he has a lot of explaining to do.

I blame the chaos at the end entirely on Don Adam. The game was out of control. Emotions were running high. He should've grabbed both captains and told them that next junk was getting a game, and then followed through.

Class at the end with Lammy and a Gopher skater after the fight skating out to center and embracing.

ANy post-game comments from Hak posted?

With all due respect: SUCK IT! 3 of 4 points on the road is just fine in my book. 5 of 8 on the year. Kangas saved you, some good fortune saved you. Go away now...please.

I will take it and UND gutted out 3 of 4 points this weekend.

you played the sioux tough. great. thats doesnt mean crap when you score 1 goal a night vs every other wcha team out there. and we outplayed sconnie the whole damn wekend as well and split. it is what it is. you got 1 point again and played the best they possibly could play and played solid. what else do you want?? not much more out there to throw in. if the gohs had a halfway decent team they at least should have won a game. come on. so we now reward teams for being in the games? come on gopherguy33.

When you go down in the regional I will come back to finish this. I am not giving the gophers credit, I just wouldn't be pushing the chest out after beating a team that sucks. I have trolled long enough :) congrats and good luck the rest of the way.

When you go down in the regional I will come back to finish this. I am not giving the gophers credit, I just wouldn't be pushing the chest out after beating a team that sucks. I have trolled long enough :) congrats and good luck the rest of the way.

You will finish when they get beat in the Regional? You're already finished. You are going to come back and say "I told you so" if UND gets beat in the NCAA tournament? WOW, you are a tool...

While I will gladly take the 3 points that Minnesota gave us this weekend, I am concerned that we were not able to chase these guys from the building this weekend. This MN team is not that good. I know that you throw all the stats, etc out in a rivalry like this one, but this is two weekends in a row that we didn't play anywhere near to what we are capable of and this is going to really hurt us in the long run. If we really think we can "SKATE TO 8" this year, we're going to have to get much more consistant and be much more forceful about playing SIOUX hockey and not the hockey of whatever team we're playing. :D

I personally like having a few Gopher trolls over here. GIve the Rodents a little respect. They came to play. Yes, it might've been a different game if we'd had Duncs on the top pp unit, considerina ll the penalties. I live in Mpls, and have seen a few Gopher games on FSN. They are not a bad team. They are just not able to pull it all together. They are more of a clutch and grab team than I've seen in maroon and gold, but they play teams tough. You win some, you lose some. There is no reason to take it out on anybody's fan base.

Fortunately for us, despite only being a slightly better team that MN, we are in a dramatically different position with regard to the national scene.

Fighting on a web forum is almost as tough as going after a team's smallest player :D Go Sioux!

I LUV IT!!!

I wish finley would have really got a better shot at wheeler but i guess i dont want to see him suspended.

i think Bickel was saying that Finley has "No fucking class" ---> what a bunch of girls the rodents are

great old time hockey. I cant wait till the next series after next weeks break.

I personally like having a few Gopher trolls over here. GIve the Rodents a little respect. They came to play. Yes, it might've been a different game if we'd had Duncs on the top pp unit, considerina ll the penalties. I live in Mpls, and have seen a few Gopher games on FSN. They are not a bad team. They are just not able to pull it all together. They are more of a clutch and grab team than I've seen in maroon and gold, but they play teams tough. You win some, you lose some. There is no reason to take it out on anybody's fan base.

Fortunately for us, despite only being a slightly better team that MN, we are in a dramatically different position with regard to the national scene.

Fighting on a web forum is almost as tough as going after a team's smallest player :D Go Sioux!

I agree with you, in fact, I have friends who are Gopher fans. It makes for fun weekends like this one. They were pissed this weekend, and regardless of the close scores, they even say UMN is nowhere near the team UND is. My response was more to the "wait til UND loses in the regional, and then I will finish this." Will the Goofs even make the Final 5? What will the Excel do without the "gopher rule" for night games if they don't?

The games were close, UND took 3 of 4, good teams find ways to get points, that is all.

Mazocko says: "you'd think he could do something more manly than tug a jersey" and Woog pipes in "well, I think he was trying to get him away from the crowd".

Once again, Wooger at least has a clue where Frank has none. Yes, Frank, in that situation Joe Finley was hoping for the ref to bail him out of trouble and was going to be hoping to give Blakey a little facewash.

Frank, you fing moron, Finley wanted to pull him away and kick his a$$ 30's style boxing.

We are the Sioux, not Minnesota's Pussies on Ice We fight, we don't run.

Wish it hadn't happened at the handshake, also wish the refs hadn't stopped it :D

Minney is not a good team this year no matter what stick you try to measure them by. Poor offense, defense, and a goaltender that enjoys skating around while the play goes on on the other end of the ice.... At least they have found a tender that is worth while and is exciting to watch. ND did not look as good as they could have this weekend, Minney played with some heart tonight and made it a game, but not a very good one. Minney is gonna struggle to make post season this year and if you disagree you are fooling yourself, lack of depth and a powerplay and a penalty kill will bring this team's season to an early end this year. Things to look forward to as a gopher fan is the fact you have a tender that is getting only better for next year. :D Sioux need to bring a complete package against Denver in a couple of weeks, and drive for the frozen four!

Agree that good teams find ways to get points. MN is in terrible shape on the national picture. I also think that we are a better team than we represent against them. I don't know why or what or how, but they always play us tough.

Did get a little annoyed tonight at the John when some idiotic Gopher fan says to me in the bathroom something about the cost of having such an elite program that players only play one or two years. I looked at him and said, "I know what you mean."

He goes, "Well, you didn't lose Erik Johnson, Phil Kessel and Kyle Okposo."

Too which I replied, "No, unlike Okposo, our losses are skating regular shifts in the NHL."

He says,"like who?"

And I say, "Oh, I don't know, Jonathan Toews, Travis Zajac, Zach Parise, Matt Jones, Matt Greene, Drew Stafford."

Next point: Is everyone forgetting that we played 64:53 without last year's Hobey Baker winner?:D Agreed it was anyone's game tonight. You'd be crazy to think it wouldn't have been different with Duncs out there.

Agree that good teams find ways to get points. MN is in terrible shape on the national picture. I also think that we are a better team than we represent against them. I don't know why or what or how, but they always play us tough.

Did get a little annoyed tonight at the John when some idiotic Gopher fan says to me in the bathroom something about the cost of having such an elite program that players only play one or two years. I looked at him and said, "I know what you mean."

He goes, "Well, you didn't lose Erik Johnson, Phil Kessel and Kyle Okposo."

Too which I replied, "No, unlike Okposo, our losses are skating regular shifts in the NHL."

He says,"like who?"

And I say, "Oh, I don't know, Jonathan Toews, Travis Zajac, Zach Parise, Matt Jones, Matt Greene, Drew Stafford."

Next point: Is everyone forgetting that we played 64:53 without last year's Hobey Baker winner?:D Agreed it was anyone's game tonight. You'd be crazy to think it wouldn't have been different with Duncs out there.

Sounds like a classic Minnesota Moron, probably the same clown that cornered me in the bathroom at the XCel Energy center last year.

Where do they find these people?

Oshie was gassed, because every time he touched the puck, he was having to carry two or three Gophers. It must've felt like being Heidi Klum in a male prison the way they were all over him.

Oshie showed how special he was tonight. He didn't score, but he was far and away the most skilled player at the John.