SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Gophers, Saturday Night Game Thread

dagies

I am sure it wasn't just that hit that set him off. I am sure if was a lot of things said/done durring the game and that hit was the straw that broke the camels' back.

And Darcy kinda likes that stuff as well. But I don't think it matters how hard he got hit. It was a cheap shot and since the officials seem to encourage that stuff by letting it go I think you have to make a statement.

If I were the coach I would of greenlighted someone to go after Peltier after we wound up on the short end of the penalty calling.

OF course I'm a hothead. But then Hakstol seems to be becoming more like us.

So do you think the team is going to get a boost out of Hakstol's communication this weekend? I think they might.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I think it was Kaip. But still, you're right: that wasn't Chorney's fault.

Me too.

The shot of Hak was really quick, but I thought I saw the bird. He and I have talked many times about other coaches losing their composure during a game and costing their teams. So I was really surprised when my eyes saw what appeared to be the bird. I know for sure he dropped a couple f-bomb. It don't take a degree in lip reading to figure that one out.

Now THAT I didn't hear. And that is also very surprising.

I don't have a clue who you are but i always agree with you...sorry!

I don't have a clue who you are but i always agree with you...sorry!

I'm not sure whether to be flattered or offended by this.

But if you always agree with me, it is I who should be sorry, for you. :D Everyone around here who knows me knows I'm pretty much a stupid old man.

Box score finally posted to collegehockeystats.net

A little ugly at the end there:

NDK-10 Joe Finley (10-Misconduct) 5:00

NDK-11 Joe Finley (10-Game Misconduct) 5:00

NDK-12 T.J. Oshie (2-Roughing) 5:00

NDK-13 T.J. Oshie (2-Roughing) 5:00

NDK-14 T.J. Oshie (10-Misconduct) 5:00

NDK-15 Darcy Zajac (5-Cross-Checking) 5:00

NDK-16 Darcy Zajac (5-Fighting) 5:00

NDK-17 Darcy Zajac (10-Game Disqualification) 5:00

MIN-12 Ryan Flynn (2-Roughing) 5:00

MIN-13 Ryan Flynn (2-Roughing) 5:00

MIN-14 Ryan Flynn (10-Misconduct) 5:00

MIN-15 Tony Lucia (5-Fighting) 5:00

MIN-16 Tony Lucia (10-Game Disqualification) 5:00

MIN-17 Blake Wheeler (10-Misconduct)

I bet you would have regretted it while spending the night in lock up. I just don't understand why people are willing to get into fights...is it ever worth it?

My older son used to teach jujitsu before going back to school and my younger son is also an athlete who is built like a brick $hithouse. They are the two most laid back people I know. Every year at the Final Five, Goofy fans are constantly trying to pick fights with them because they are rabid Sioux fans. (And their mother, also a rabid Sioux fan, has a BIG mouth!) All I can say is Lord help the drunk Goof that finally succeeds!! Given the fact that a lot of my son's students were Mpls law enforcement, I don't think he's be spending much if any time in lock up.

Yeah, yeah, there are bad apples on both sides of the arena. I just believe more of them wear brown and yellow!! :D

The Box Score is up on College Hockey Stats.

The extra game misconduct on Finley doesn't mean anything right? Leave it to Adam to miss the first cheap shot, even with video replay.

keiths isnt bad as well

Yeah, Keith's has my vote as well!! Tonight in fact. The Sioux and the Gophs had a typical game tonight, probably the best and most exciting I've seen all year. I don't expect much anymore so even a tie against the Sioux seems pretty good to me. Good luck the rest of the way.

just looking at the penalties tonight

1st Ryan Duncan UND 5 CHECKING FROM BEHIND 00:07 PP

1st Ryan Duncan UND 10 GAME MISCONDUCT 00:07

1st T.J. Oshie UND 2 SLASHING 09:22

1st Jay Barriball MINN 2 SLASHING 09:22

1st Joe Finley UND 2 CROSS-CHECKING 10:32 PP

1st Justin Bostrom MINN 2 INTERFERENCE 17:56 PP

2nd Patrick White MINN 2 HOLDING 03:28 PP

2nd Derek Peltier MINN 2 ROUGHING 07:37

2nd Brad Malone UND 2 ROUGHING 07:37

2nd Brad Malone UND 2 ROUGHING 07:37 PP

2nd Brad Malone UND 10 10-MINUTE MISCONDUCT 07:37

2nd Blake Wheeler MINN 2 SLASHING 08:32 PP

2nd Blake Wheeler MINN 10 10-MINUTE MISCONDUCT 08:32

2nd J.P. Lamoureux UND 2 DIVING 12:15

2nd Jay Barriball MINN 2 CONTACT WITH GOALIE 12:15

2nd Mike Carman MINN 2 ROUGHING 16:04 PP

2nd Kevin Wehrs MINN 2 HOLDING 19:42 PP

3rd Stu Bickel MINN 2 HOLDING 03:42 PP

OT Rylan Kaip UND 2 HOOKING 02:58

OT Blake Wheeler MINN 2 ROUGHING 02:58

OT Joe Finley UND 10 10-MINUTE MISCONDUCT 05:00

OT Joe Finley UND 10 GAME MISCONDUCT 05:00

OT T.J. Oshie UND 2 ROUGHING 05:00

OT T.J. Oshie UND 2 ROUGHING 05:00

OT Ryan Flynn MINN 2 ROUGHING 05:00

OT Ryan Flynn MINN 2 ROUGHING 05:00

OT T.J. Oshie UND 10 10-MINUTE MISCONDUCT 05:00

OT Ryan Flynn MINN 10 10-MINUTE MISCONDUCT 05:00

OT Darcy Zajac UND 5 CROSS-CHECKING 05:00

OT Darcy Zajac UND 5 FIGHTING 05:00

OT Darcy Zajac UND 10 DISQALIFICATION 05:00

OT Tony Lucia MINN 5 FIGHTING 05:00

OT Tony Lucia MINN 10 DISQALIFICATION 05:00

OT Blake Wheeler MINN 10 10-MINUTE MISCONDUCT 05:00

My older son used to teach jujitsu before going back to school and my younger son is also an athlete who is built like a brick $hithouse. They are the two most laid back people I know. Every year at the Final Five, Goofy fans are constantly trying to pick fights with them because they are rabid Sioux fans. (And their mother, also a rabid Sioux fan, has a BIG mouth!) All I can say is Lord help the drunk Goof that finally succeeds!! Given the fact that a lot of my son's students were Mpls law enforcement, I don't think he's be spending much if any time in lock up.

Yeah, yeah, there are bad apples on both sides of the arena. I just believe more of them wear brown and yellow!! :)

Cops can't get you out of a civil suit...in this sue happy society anything can happen, even when people are provoked. Having a big mouth can get you in trouble...it is not a virtue, but this is only my opinion so I wouldn't put much stock in it. :D

Penalties/Minutes:

North Dakota 17/91

Minnesota 17/69

160 penalty minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta love a UND/UMTC game, huh? :D

Generally when a game gets ugly I think the fault lies with the officials. I had to listen to the first two periods and only watched part of the 3rd. I did see the dust up in the 2nd.

I still think the way that wound up is going to make a team ready for a fight. You don't have a guy throwing punches at a much smaller skill guy when he's down and let him get away with it. Especially when the referee rewards them.

nice another b towner, nah im sick as ive ever been in my 26 years. dont know what the hell is wrong so no drinking tonight or last night, first time i havent drank during sioux games since i was 10 :) j/k...........maybe the sauce is what i need to cure myself

no need to j/k the drinking comment about starting at 10 yrs old cuz we all know thats how northern minnesota boys ROLL! hahaha

no need to j/k the drinking comment about starting at 10 yrs old cuz we all know thats how northern minnesota boys ROLL! hahaha

i always wondered why my cereal tasted different when i was at my friends house. mom must have been using spiked egg nog :D

They gave Zajac a 5 minute cross-check? Wow.

Lucky we had a surplus of forwards.

I have to give Lucia a little credit. On Goofers live after the game they interviewed him about the scrum and what he was talking to the refs about and his concern was his players getting DQ'd for what he called "wrestling out there" He did not say anything negative about the scrum at the end of the game. I think he appreciates how hard the Sioux play and I bet that he wishes some of his premadonas would play with some of the grit and toughness that the fighting Sioux play with.

Cops can't get you out of a civil suit...in this sue happy society anything can happen, even when people are provoked. Having a big mouth can get you in trouble...it is not a virtue, but this is only my opinion so I wouldn't put much stock in it. :)

Responding to bolded. AND I neve said a big mouth is a virtue. :) I mention it because the brown and yellow won't take me on because they don't like what I say LOUDLY about their beloved rodents(well, one did and I made him cry but that's another story) so they go after my baby boys. :D

Oh, and my boys don't drink so I think the drunk Goofy fans will end up in lock up with no 'sue' recourse. ;)