SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Gophers, Saturday Night Game Thread

dagies

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UND has brought out the best of the Gophers this year. They haven't been able to maintain that level vs. anyone else. I don't buy into the "too many leaving early" crap, these guys just haven't figured out how to play. None of them. Pat White a prolific scorer in the past makes a slick move in the OT corralling the JPL glove rebound, makes a nice drag to the slot and simply has to flip it into the top 2/3s of the net. He wiffs. Story of the season.

The defensive core plays great for two periods and then it's like they trade sticks and all play wrong handed. It's been an embarrasment and 50 teams in the country would kill for the talent tDon has.

UM has 14 drafted players, but is under .500. How the @#$% does that happen? That has to be a burning question in Minny.

UM has 14 drafted players, but is under .500. How the @#$% does that happen? That has to be a burning question in Minny.

well they have lost 2 top line forwards but they sucked before that anyways so not sure ansd didnt have the genious himself carman back until january. the one thing i never here is blame on lucia. why not? the gophs sucked early this year as well. 2 rings will get you tons of insurance when it comes to fans viewpoints. lucia is part to blame as well as he cant get them going at all. cant score and thats = 1 point wcha weekends....................that team is bad and gopher fans know that, its not a secret anymore...........pathetic offense and PP and it looked like we coppied them with that bad PP this weekend. must be in the water in minny :D take the 3 points and run boys

Personally, I think it has to be a locker room problem. They showed the Gopher bench tonight, when they were winning, 1-0, and they all looked disheartened. If I were a fan, I'd be pissed at that! Something just isn't gelling for them. It's not always about recruiting the best players, but rather, the right players.

Sadly it's not. Seems like many have drank the kool-aid. These guys have let sloppy third periods cost them a tourney shot and probably home ice as well.

I doubt it's going to be a long term issue, but it still sucks for this year.

Sadly it's not. Seems like many have drank the kool-aid. These guys have let sloppy third periods cost them a tourney shot and probably home ice as well.

I doubt it's going to be a long term issue, but it still sucks for this year.

coaches need to start taking blame and recieving blame as well, sucks to lose players but lucia's offense blows

I am amazed at this board - dissing other out Sioux fans to save face for the Gopher fans. I really could care less what any of you think of me , but the bottom line is that I am a Fighting Sioux Fan and will stick up for other Sioux fans. The gophs dive, alway complaion and bitch about how they were screwed over, blah blah blah. Enough of the love fest.. the gophers are a bunch of douche pumpers!

well they have lost 2 top line forwards but they sucked before that anyways so not sure ansd didnt have the genious himself carman back until january. the one thing i never here is blame on lucia. why not? the gophs sucked early this year as well. 2 rings will get you tons of insurance when it comes to fans viewpoints. lucia is part to blame as well as he cant get them going at all. cant score and thats = 1 point wcha weekends....................that team is bad and gopher fans know that, its not a secret anymore...........pathetic offense and PP and it looked like we coppied them with that bad PP this weekend. must be in the water in minny :D take the 3 points and run boys

That's ok with me but someone should be asking the WCHA office why Peltier wasn't DQ'd for fighting in the 2nd period. More punches were thrown then than after the game.

the dq's are fine..........its all about the situation, they werent gona toos peltier's wussy azz. wasnt gona happen. nothing can happen of it now.

I am amazed at this board - dissing other out Sioux fans to save face for the Gopher fans. I really could care less what any of you think of me , but the bottom line is that I am a Fighting Sioux Fan and will stick up for other Sioux fans. The gophs dive, alway complaion and bitch about how they were screwed over, blah blah blah. Enough of the love fest.. the gophers are a bunch of douche pumpers!

If you ever come to Brainerd look me up.

And that post right there displays the character you have. First and foremost, it's a game. Defending a person who has been nothing but civil, regardless of his allegiance, is not a bad thing.

douche pumper?