SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Gophers, Saturday Night Game Thread

dagies

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone know is cc's goalie bachman got hurt as their back up played 5 minutes. im assuming in the end. that would be a huge huge loss for cc if so. hes damn good

http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20080202&am...cc&gender=m

I think it had more to do with taking him out to avoid any cheapshots late in the game, like we did with JPl against Mankato last year. Or it could be to get the kid some ice time at home.

Now THAT I didn't hear. And that is also very surprising.

Several people said they noticed it on the tv broadcast of the saturday SCSU game. It's posted by several in that thread.

Well, I guess our lead in the national penalty rankings are safe for another weekend :D

I'm not sure whether to be flattered or offended by this.

But if you always agree with me, it is I who should be sorry, for you. :D Everyone around here who knows me knows I'm pretty much a stupid old man.

Mike and Monkey sitting in a tree, K I S S I N G... :):)

Wow what an evening! I know many of you won't care what a gopher fan has to say but, its why this media is available.

1. Hak' flicking the bird is an embarrassment to college hockey. He is a leader, a coach and a representative of UND. Embarrassing.

2. Wheeler was a knob tonight. 2 stupid penalties cost his team opportunities.

3 Have to love the rivalry!

4.I hope this is the first round playoff match up.

5. I know you guys think Finley is tough, I would love to see him go at it with Stu Bickel.

6 The third person in crap from the Sioux. I dont care who Peltier was fighting. Its Peltier! regardless, you dont come in as a 3rd. Bush League.

7. Both teams need to handle emotions better, play the game in a physical and intelligent manner. Both teams lack of composer hurt tonight.

8 I laugh out loud every time some of you say we suck, You havent exactly seperated yourselves from us much. :)

9.Minnesota has no excuses to not have home ice. Look in the mirror Gophers. :D

10. Lammy is a VERY GOOD goaltender. Loved the dive call.

I havent watched the Tivo of the game and I wont comment on the end of the game. Both teams had it out and I am sure it will continue the next time they see each other. Not your typical UND/UM series but very entertaining. Good luck the rest of the way, Hope to see WCHA success. Congrats on the well earned 3 points.

I blame the tie solely on Dagies, for starting the thread today. The last 3 times I started it, we've won. :) AZ...your records really not good this year! :D

I should have gone to the game. I've been to 6 games this year, all wins.

Oh, Hakstol told Adam on the ice that someone "took a poke at Finley". It may have been provoked.

Wow what an evening! I know many of you won't care what a gopher fan has to say but, its why this media is available.

1. Hak' flicking the bird is an embarrassment to college hockey. He is a leader, a coach and a representative of UND. Embarrassing.

5. I know you guys think Finley is tough, I would love to see him go at it with Stu Bickel.

6 The third person in crap from the Sioux. I dont care who Peltier was fighting. Its Peltier! regardless, you dont come in as a 3rd. Bush League.

7. Both teams need to handle emotions better, play the game in a physical and intelligent manner. Both teams lack of composer hurt tonight.

8 I laugh out loud every time some of you say we suck, You havent exactly seperated yourselves from us much. :)

9.Minnesota has no excuses to not have home ice. Look in the mirror Gophers. :D

I havent watched the Tivo of the game and I wont comment on the end of the game. Both teams had it out and I am sure it will continue the next time they see each other. Not your typical UND/UM series but very entertaining. Good luck the rest of the way, Hope to see WCHA success. Congrats on the well earned 3 points.

whats the difference between 2nd and 7th or 6th or whatever place you are in?

You are soo right.. the TDON, Mr Oko, nevemind is so the man. Hak is awesome, and I would not have it any other way,,,icluding Blais!!

Picture this, Peltier on top of Trupp punching him in the head. Malone goes in, Adams grabs him by the face mask and them throws malone in to the box face first.

Sounds like another WCHA on ice official need to have the league office talk to him about grabbing players.

If you watch the end of the game, Bickel should have gotten a penalty for punching Finley.

WOW, that was a fun game to watch and it its a big deal to get 3 out of 4 points in MPLS.

Actually the last two series UND has taken 7 out of 8 points.

If you watch the end of the game, Bickel should have gotten a penalty for punching Finley.

WOW, that was a fun game to watch and it its a big deal to get 3 out of 4 points in MPLS.

Actually the last two series UND has taken 7 out of 8 points.

i thought it was 5 out of 8 points?

whats the difference between 2nd and 7th or 6th or whatever place you are in?

When you are playing a game the standings dont matter. You can talk crap all you want about where you are in the standings. Is that what measures your team at the end? Would you want our two trophies last year or your shot at BC? I am saying the difference of where you are and we are doesnt matter. This game won't mean crap in your regional, when you play like you did yesterday and last sat. night you will figure it out. I know we will be at home, originality would be interesting....

When you are playing a game the standings dont matter. You can talk crap all you want about where you are in the standings. Is that what measures your team at the end? Would you want our two trophies last year or your shot at BC? I am saying the difference of where you are and we are doesnt matter. This game won't mean crap in your regional, when you play like you did yesterday and last sat. night you will figure it out. I know we will be at home, originality would be interesting....

well it does kind of make a difference where we are and where you are because the way the gophers are playing i doubt they would get home ice. even woog(or maybe dubay) said that this was about the best the team played and they could only muster 1 point out of the weekend.

With all due respect: SUCK IT! 3 of 4 points on the road is just fine in my book. 5 of 8 on the year. Kangas saved you, some good fortune saved you. Go away now...please.

CHN reporters perspective on the game tonight.

Fortunately for North Dakota, he chose smarts over manliness, and didn't get himself suspended. Certainly not something as dumb as Wheeler, who ruined a possible overtime power play because of his "manliness," when he took a retaliatory cheap shot right after a North Dakota penalty was called. That's what started the stupidity to begin with.

8 I laugh out loud every time some of you say we suck, You havent exactly seperated yourselves from us much. :D

9.Minnesota has no excuses to not have home ice. Look in the mirror Gophers. :)

:D i like your posts but we havent seperated from you? :) check the wcha standings and the pairwise 5th a little better than 19th with 6 pairwise points ;) and every other ranking out there. if you think your team is good then sorry but they arent. they played the sioux tough as nails all 4 games for sure but that doesnt make a season at all. lammy is better than very good. hes the best in the wcha. kangas may get there someday if the gophers can score more than a goal each weekend. sucks for kangas as hes damn good. bickel started talking sht behind people. hes a tool. nice rant though

well it does kind of make a difference where we are and where you are because the way the gophers are playing i doubt they would get home ice. even woog(or maybe dubay) said that this was about the best the team played and they could only muster 1 point out of the weekend.

Ok, did you watch the games? If you think the difference is major we agree to disagree. I would rather have your team this year, I dont think its that much better to say we suck when you were in a game for the entire 247+ minutes we played this year.

:D i like your posts but we havent seperated from you? :) check the wcha standings and the pairwise 5th a little better than 19th with 6 pairwise points ;) and every other ranking out there. if you think your team is good then sorry but they arent. they played the sioux tough as nails all 4 games for sure but that doesnt make a season at all. lammy is better than very good. hes the best in the wcha. kangas may get there someday if the gophers can score more than a goal each weekend. sucks for kangas as hes damn good. bickel started talking sht behind people. hes a tool. nice rant though

Amen. Now get the fizook out of here. Your super bowl is over.

:D i like your posts but we havent seperated from you? :) check the wcha standings and the pairwise 5th a little better than 19th with 6 pairwise points :) and every other ranking out there. if you think your team is good then sorry but they arent. they played the sioux tough as nails all 4 games for sure but that doesnt make a season at all. lammy is better than very good. hes the best in the wcha. kangas may get there someday if the gophers can score more than a goal each weekend. sucks for kangas as hes damn good. bickel started talking sht behind people. hes a tool. nice rant though

Kangas has shown that he'll be a top goaltender, and I don't look forward to playing against him the next few years. Same as Bachman.