SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Gophers, Saturday Night Game Thread

dagies

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darcy with the biggest punk move of the weekend and probably of the season. Then he hammers Lucia, but didn't realize it wasn't over. Lucia then slams him down and he has to live with being the first Sioux since Notermann to get beaten down by a Goph. :D

Talk about punching and backing up. Mr. Finley sure likes to talk, but funny he never found Bickel.

Wheeler is a f'n idiot. Sits four minutes last night with some hack. Tonight his sits with Malone? Then the ultimate idiocy by face washing some guy when they were about to get an OT power play.

Best weekend of Gophs/Sioux hockey at Mariucci in years.

I guess I am not on top of the rules but if you can review to see if a 2 minute roughing is a 5 minute fighting, why can't you call a 5 that you didn't see before?

There were more punches thrown in the 2nd period by Peltier and Peltier alone. If anyone were to get a fighting DQ it should go to him.

Hakstol's post-game comments:

Yeah, it was a battle right from the word "Go." Go down on a CFB, and that was the right call, so what do you do. It was a battle, and we got 3 out of 4 points on the road.

There wasn't a whole lot of smooth tonight, but you know what, it was hard fought. On a game on the Olympic sheet, the checking was hard. Both teams weren't going to give up a lot. Plays were taken away by penalties.

Phil made 3 or 4 saves and so did there guy. I don't know who you give the nod to, both were good. On a game where there's really no flow, it's amazing it was only a 1-1 game.

Oshie is certainly hurting a bit, but when you look at his effort, it's nothing short of where he's been the past month. He had a few chances to get us the two points, but didn't get it.

When the emotions are that high, it's a little like a powder keg. One push and shove and you have 40 guys on the ice. You don't need it at the end of the game, but it is what it is when it comes to that. I don't think anything will come out of that. We'll have to see.

I think 16 came right at Oshie with a cross check, and we're not going to sit back and take that.

3 out of 4 points is good when you're playing a team like that. I wanted us to show up tonight, and I think we did. It was good competition.

exactly...........i think the gophs are on pace for the best percentage of 1 point wcha weekends in history. hell at this pace they end up with 4 more points this year. keep it going

Darcy with the biggest punk move of the weekend and probably of the season.

As Hakstol said, "I think 16 came right at Oshie with a cross check, and we're not going to sit back and take that."

As my dad used to say, "Can't play with the big boys, get off the ice!"

Darcy with the biggest punk move of the weekend and probably of the season. Then he hammers Lucia, but didn't realize it wasn't over. Lucia then slams him down and he has to live with being the first Sioux since Notermann to get beaten down by a Goph. :D

Talk about punching and backing up. Mr. Finley sure likes to talk, but funny he never found Bickel.

Wheeler is a f'n idiot. Sits four minutes last night with some hack. Tonight his sits with Malone? Then the ultimate idiocy by face washing some guy when they were about to get an OT power play.

Best weekend of Gophs/Sioux hockey at Mariucci in years.

he erased a nice PP opportunity in OT. what a idiot...like the gophers would have scored on it anyways but still i hear ya

There were more punches thrown in the 2nd period by Peltier and Peltier alone. If anyone were to get a fighting DQ it should go to him.

I agree. I really don't think any punches were thrown after the game. That doesn't mean they can't look.

If there are DQ's on both teams, Denver is the beneficiary since both teams' next game is against the Pios.

there shouldnt be any DQ's......just move on, don adam should dq himslef

dencer is on a downward spiral so im sure they wouldnt mind :D

Yes but you still can't call a penalty after the fact so why review.

Yes they can. The video will likely be reviewed for game disqualification penalties, if appropriate, which are the only ones that would carry over to next game and would make any difference, which is what Adam was trying to say as the coaches left the ice. I would be surprised if there were game disqualification penalties called based on what I saw (and the ridiculous number of no-call during the game), but who knows?

John

Ice at UM is lousy. Bouncing pucks were the theme of the night.

UM played with an edge, which I don't hold against them. In fact, it's uncharacteristic for the Goofs to play physical and scrap. But, it the end, they don't do it very well. Their mindset is all wrong - they scrap when they are frustrated and it isn't to lift their bench, but just because individuals are emotiional.

That is the big difference between how UND plays scrappy vs UM. When UND does it, a purpose is served.

As Hakstol said, "I think 16 came right at Oshie with a cross check, and we're not going to sit back and take that."

Hakstol didn't say to cross check some guy (who has never hit anyone in his career) with his back turned after the final horn of the weekend. :D

You want to go after someone do it the typical Sioux way, not some chicken___ hit on a guy not looking.