SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Gophers

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WE KNOW IT ONLY HAD TO BE DONE ONCE, WE ARE JUST SAYING THAT WOOG ISN'T DUMB AND WHAT HE SAID WASNT MEANT TO BE A KNOCK TOWARDS ANYONE!

OK! OK! AND I'M JUST SAYING IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE DONE TWENTY TIMES IN A ROW! IT ONLY HAS TO BE DONE ONCE!!

*on my knees, fist hitting chest over heart, tears streaming down face, chanting, 'Mea culpa, mea culpa'*

I thought we got better as the game went on. I don't know why, but the first period Friday at Mariucci is always a problem. Might be because its not just Olympic (which we can practice on) but the corners are square, the nets are deep, and the walls are dead. Maybe its because our guys aren't used to starting games in a half-full arena. ???

The second PP unit really got away from what they did the last month. The FIRST PP unit needs to stop being so right-handed. Gophers had all four guys on that side of the ice at times and we didn't go back across to the left. We need to have Oshie let loose from left dot...

No. When we win, we don't have any players to piss about and bad mouth, sooooo, we turn on our own fans!!! :angry::angry:

You are giving the GPL lowlifes something else to talk about besides being fans of a bad team!!! :D At least siouxsports is some comfort for the golden girls' to divert their attention away from their s*** team!!!!

Any road win at Mariucci is a good win. I almost came unglued in the first period. Terible hockey. We had one of those bad nights where you are pressing to hard, holding the stick too tight, pucks are always off the tape, you're never in stride when you do catch a pass...BUT we found a way to win. Oshie looked great, Trupp looked great. Big game tomorrow...By the way, I sorta want to finish second in the WCHA; i don't want to be the team that has to paly AA in the playoffs.

Any road win at Mariucci is a good win. I almost came unglued in the first period. Terible hockey. We had one of those bad nights where you are pressing to hard, holding the stick too tight, pucks are always off the tape, you're never in stride when you do catch a pass...BUT we found a way to win. Oshie looked great, Trupp looked great. Big game tomorrow...By the way, I sorta want to finish second in the WCHA; i don't want to be the team that has to paly AA in the playoffs.

Yeah. Finish second and we get to play Minnesota; that would be loads better. ???

just watched the game, pretty damn sick tonight which blows worse than the gophers do but here we go

sioux struggled at first, that happens but we are damn lucky we played a bottom tier crappy wcha team tonight. they are god awful of a team. a decent team would ahve beaten 4-1 or so but luckily for the sioux it didnt happen. so if this is the bad game for the weekend lets drop 3 plus on them tomorrow and its a guarentee win

phil was awesome,kangas was very good as well. 2 ponts is 2 points, lets put the gophers away tomorrow night.

hell of a goal by trupp and martens for flipping it out there to even have a chance. lets get another sweep sioux

His stick hit grazed the Gopher at most, and the Gopher went down.

I assume it's the call with about 5 minutes left of regulation.

Kaip was down on the ice after making a defensive play. The puck wound up right beside him and the Goph stabbed at the puck and got his stick between Kaips arm and his body while he was laying face down on the ice. It looked to me that Kaip clinched onto the Goph stick with the stick on the inside of his elbow. The Goph really had to pull hard to get it loose and we likely got possession of the puck because of that.

I take a back seat to no man in ripping on WCHA officials, especially Adam. If he called it that way everytime I'd be happy.

Speaking of bitching, WTF was with the quick whistle that cost us a goal?!

Seriously Adam didn't do that bad tonight.

Did anyone here go to the game and if so did you notice if there was a lot of selling of tickets outside before the game? Thinking about driving down tomorrow. When FSN lost the signal I freaked out. Thought my wife was sitting the remote and she changed the channel ???

I assume it's the call with about 5 minutes left of regulation.

Kaip was down on the ice after making a defensive play. The puck wound up right beside him and the Goph stabbed at the puck and got his stick between Kaips arm and his body while he was laying face down on the ice. It looked to me that Kaip clinched onto the Goph stick with the stick on the inside of his elbow. The Goph really had to pull hard to get it loose and we likely got possession of the puck because of that.

I take a back seat to no man in ripping on WCHA officials, especially Adam. If he called it that way everytime I'd be happy.

Speaking of bitching, WTF was with the quick whistle that cost us a goal?!

Seriously Adam didn't do that bad tonight.

I haven't rewatched the Kaip play yet, so it's not fresh in my memory. As for the quick whistle, it was just one of those times when the ref wasn't in the best position to make the call; lost sight of the puck and blew the whistle. I was mad as heck at the time, but the same thing happens in our favor at times. Can't really argue that, though I'm sure we all would if the Sioux had lost tonight!

Sportscenter just did a teaser for the Top Ten plays of the day and played quick bits of a few of the "possible" plays, and Trupps goal was in there.

I'm pretty confident it'll be in the top 3.

I haven't rewatched the Kaip play yet, so it's not fresh in my memory. As for the quick whistle, it was just one of those times when the ref wasn't in the best position to make the call; lost sight of the puck and blew the whistle. I was mad as heck at the time, but the same thing happens in our favor at times. Can't really argue that, though I'm sure we all would if the Sioux had lost tonight!

I swore a little when the game went into OT. We should have won in regulation, but OT wins are always that much sweeter.

How much can Mankato keep helping us? They just keep knocking quality teams off and making sure they stay a TUC.

thats a hUge win for us tonight for mankato..wow......that puts us 4 points up on du with 4 more games played so a big time helper in 2 ways. wcha and the TUC

I just saw a preview of the top ten plays of the day on ESPN2.....and Trupp's goal was on the preview!!

Woo Hoo!! Not sure when Sportcenter will be on regular ESPN..... but it should be one of the top ten....

GO SIOUX....SWEEP THE RODENTIA.....