SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Gophers

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea but he is saying that its a shot you could do 20 times and never make, thats how hard of a shot it was. as much as I don't like Woog and the stuff he says, he does make sense here because he could try and do that 20 more times and miss.

I'm just being a homer!!! ???

Woog is quite fair. The only thing you accomplish by ripping him here is making yourself look bad.

Both goalies were brilliant. Kangas may end up being the goalie MN has been waiting all these years for.

Early, it looked again like MN would rule the boards. They are just big and the Sioux defense is undersized. We saw that against UAA and against MN earlier. Lucia really built a team for the small rink. I know departures happen, but it wouldn't be crazy to imagine Stoa, O'Brien, and Okposo out there. That team would have owned the boards.

I hate being a downer, but....

I didn't like how the Sioux played.

First off.... Kaufman scores when the Sioux forget that the Gophers only have 4 players on the ice. Sure, I love scoring shorthanded, but that doesn't change the fact that the team on the powerplay has absolutely NO EXCUSE for giving one up. I don't care if you are the best team in the history of man or a winless joke of a team. You don't give up goals to teams that have less players on the ice than you do.

Secondly, on the powerplay, you have to shoot. Especially with the next point.

Thirdly, you must have solid fundamentals to win the game. Our passing was atrocious today. Lucia and Barriball at one point thought they must've had the wrong jerseys on because we kept f-ing passing it right to them! (Thank God for JPL) You MUST have a solid passing game. Wide ice, bad ice, adjustments need to be made. Maybe this was a lapse in coaching or maybe the Sioux players just played the game the same way they would on good ice and expected it to be the same? I don't know, but if the puck is bouncing around like that, then, unless I'm mistaken, the best way to minimize the bad passes is to decrease the amount of space between the puck carrier and the person who is to recieve the pass, no? A short passing game might have helped the defense a bit, but it wouldn't have turned over the puck as much either.

I know a win is a win, Trupp played magnificently. However, the Gophers weren't playing well in their own zone and relied upon Kangas a lot to bail them out. Had we simply thrown the puck on net more, I'm positive we would have ended the game in regulation.

The Sioux really turned it on the 2nd half of the game, after stinking it up for the first half of the game. They started like it was a continuation of last Saturday's game. Let's hope they come back tomorrow night with the same steam they left the rink with tonight!!!! WOO-HOO!!!!

Woog is quite fair. The only thing you accomplish by ripping him here is making yourself look bad.

Both goalies were brilliant. Kangas may end up being the goalie MN has been waiting all these years for.

Early, it looked again like MN would rule the boards. They are just big and the Sioux defense is undersized. We saw that against UAA and against MN earlier. Lucia really built a team for the small rink. I know departures happen, but it wouldn't be crazy to imagine Stoa, O'Brien, and Okposo out there. That team would have owned the boards.

Imagine if Toews had stayed and.............shoulda, coulda, woulda.

What a stupid question by Mazsucko. I know he's not that great, but he was asking Genoway about the national picture, and the NCAA's. He's also asking the same question to Chorney. They both had good answers, esp. Genoway about not looking ahead to the national tournament, and taking things week by week.

God, it's good to be a Sioux fan!!!! ???:angry:

I agree. Woog was quite fair.

The fact of the matter is, that goal was unbelievable because of how difficult it was to do. I very much doubt that anyone, Oshie, Trupp, or whomever could do that in those conditions multiple times straight.

I agree. Woog was quite fair.

The fact of the matter is, that goal was unbelievable because of how difficult it was to do. I very much doubt that anyone, Oshie, Trupp, or whomever could do that in those conditions multiple times straight.

I thought Woog was very complimentary, post game - despite sounding half in the bag. Thought the game was boring (despite Marney Gelnar saying what an awesome game it was), until the third period when the Sioux became "interested". He said he knew it was only a matter of time as the Sioux wanted it more. Also said that the better team won tonight. (Which is suprising because I thought for the better part of 2/3 of the game + the Sioux were lack luster to say the least.)

Since I don't want to read endless pages to find when it happened, does anybody have any more insight on Kaip's seemingly phantom holding penalty.

It didn't look like he touched anybody. Did TH have anything to say?

His stick hit grazed the Gopher at most, and the Gopher went down.

Since I don't want to read endless pages to find when it happened, does anybody have any more insight on Kaip's seemingly phantom holding penalty.

It didn't look like he touched anybody. Did TH have anything to say?

He had the Gophers player stick between his legs and didn't release very quickly. It was probably a questionable call, but the Gopher player didn't have a play on the puck regardless. Kaip should have just let go in the first place. The Sioux player already had beaten him to the puck.

You can look at this game from all angles but a WCHA road win is a big win. The Sioux took control of the game, for the most part, in the second and dominated play down the stretch. This team still has flaws and doesn't come to play for 60 minutes every time out, but good teams become great teams when they find ways to win games where they are not at their best for 60 minutes. 8 in a row is a good stretch of hockey period. Make it 9 tomorrow!