SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Gophers

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was an awesome play. Great to see it as the number play of the day on Sportscenter

Glad I DVRd sportcenter tonite in HD. PLay was cool to see the first time on my computer off youtube, Thanks for putting it up, but looked a lot better in my living room in HD on the big tv while drinking a Heinken.

A guy sent this to me for GPL... I added it to our game recap. I figured that not many of you would see it, so I thought I would share it. The photo was very grainy. so I had to shrink it down a bit. You can see the puck in mid air next to Kangas's blocker pad.

020108_Trupp.jpg

A guy sent this to me for GPL... I added it to our game recap. I figured that not many of you would see it, so I thought I would share it. The photo was very grainy. so I had to shrink it down a bit. You can see the puck in mid air next to Kangas's blocker pad.

020108_Trupp.jpg

Wow!! Sweet shot!!

020108_Trupp.jpg

Jupiter, that's really nice of you to bring that over here. Thank you.

020108_Trupp.jpg

That was a big win tonigh for the Sioux. Winning at the Jon doesn't come easy... ???

Hak's post-game comments:

Thought we deserved to win this game and it took a hell of a play to win it. Started off really slow, but really turned it around.

Heck of a play by Martens. Trupp doesn't score unless it's a highlight reel goal.

Had to have 4 lines going for OT. Had 2 sets of fresh ice on the ice on that last play.. Trupp was the player leftover and I'm fine with him being out.

Get concerned. Kaip had half the net to shoot at. Kozek had 4 seconds left when going over the blue line. I think it sneaked through the pads, but normally it goes under the bar. You start to think about those things. Heck of a win.

They scored on a strange one early on. That's one Phil would most likely want back. He made some key saves after that, and he was just in great position. He did his job. Bottom line.

Do you think Kozek will ever skate by the goalie on a play like that or might he apply the brakes and take a peek right behind? He might have swept that puck in with a half-schmidt left.

Phil may have let in a softy but he made 2-3 outstanding saves that saved the game, so overall you can't blame him. Gophers probably got as many as they deserved.

He had the Gophers player stick between his legs and didn't release very quickly. It was probably a questionable call, but the Gopher player didn't have a play on the puck regardless. Kaip should have just let go in the first place. The Sioux player already had beaten him to the puck.

I just watched this on tape and Kaip held on too long IMO.

You are giving the GPL lowlifes something else to talk about besides being fans of a bad team!!! :D At least siouxsports is some comfort for the golden girls' to divert their attention away from their s*** team!!!!

The #7 team in the WCHA just took the #2 team to 4 periods. Your mighty team should evaluate some of their piss poor play tonight before you take everything away from the Gophers. Man, you really sound like a stereotypical, chest thumping, Gopher fan.

The #7 team in the WCHA just took the #2 team to 4 periods. Your mighty team should evaluate some of their piss poor play tonight before you take everything away from the Gophers. Man, you really sound like a stereotypical, chest thumping, Gopher fan.

Congratulations the Gophers lost. A moral victory at home losing to a rival. The results of which ended up on ESPN as the top play. I hope that makes you sleep better. I never mentioned anything about UND being "mighty." Just that your team sucks.

We had the exact same argument at our house!

Attended the game. There were quite a bit of people selling tickets outside. However, my dad and I just went the route of buying general admission tickets at the ticket office an hour or so before the game. There were TON of empty seats at the John and so my dad, his friend, and I just sat in 3 seats that were empty. Only 9 rows away from the ice. However, not saying it'll happen again cause tomorrow is Saturday so it could be more full but your chances of getting tickets is very good.

Anyways I thought for the most part the Sioux played pretty well. There was a couple of times where we just made boneheaded mistakes which led into good Gopher rushes. Didn't even see the OT goal since we were sitting where the Gophers shot at twice. They didn't even reply it on the T.V. but instead right when Trupp scored the screen went black.

Had an interesting spat with an obnoxious Gopher fan. Whenever we would cheer for the Sioux such as saying "Go Sioux" he'd always say "Sioux suck, Sioux suck" multiple times over and over again which got annoying after a while. Funny thing is right when Trupp scored that OT goal and I looked back towards where the guy was sitting and he was already halfway up the steps running to leave the game. Didn't get the chance to say "No, the Gophers suck." So that was great.

Let's get that sweep! GO SIOUX!!

It was a goal, but the correct call was made, Adam's fault for making the quick whistle

Does anybody have any idea why the play was reviewed? Couldn't Adam remember if he whistled the play dead before or after the goal was scored? Does Thomas Callahan the 3rd (aka Tommy Boy) hit the referees with a tack hammer on their heads before or after the games?

You are either insulting your own Gophers or the Sioux (or maybe both?). Since I can watch the Gophs locally on FSN-North when I am not at the Ralph, I would say that if UM plays like it does vs. UND every night out, they wouldn't be in the shape they are in standings-wise. The better team won, but both have issues. I would have expected nothing less than the close game we saw. Think UM is better than their standing position as is UAA, but you got to find ways to score the puck and in that lies UM's dilemma.

I heard Dubay talking last night and he is still saying the Sioux are a one line team! He was saying you can see that with such a low scoring game there just isn't a lot of depth to these teams! WOW!

Awesome Goal Trupp, Congrats on #1 espn play of the day!

I heard Dubay talking last night and he is still saying the Sioux are a one line team! He was saying you can see that with such a low scoring game there just isn't a lot of depth to these teams! WOW!

Barry Melrose I'm sure is looking over his shoulder! ???:angry:

And yet the Sioux lead the WCHA in scoring http://wcha.cstv.com/genrel/stats.html?0708/icteam/wcham Dubay per usual, is talking out of the wrong orifice. Typical......

great win by the guys tonight, showed alot the way they turned it around after the first period. let's stop one trend tonight-the last 2 ot games we've won, we've lost the very next game. let's change that tonight.

also, would anyone know why the all-time series records vary when you look at the gophers perspective and the und one. I mean in the und media guide at the beginningof the year it showed the gophers as having I think 129 wins and last night and in the minnesota papers it shows them with 137?

Elsewhere in the WCHA, the #9 team trounced the #3 team 5-1 and the #10 team defeated the#5 team. I guess the Brown and Yellow faithful can mark this one down, "taking the Sioux to 4 periods" on their calendar as a Moral Victory. For those of you keeping score, MVs are worth two points less than actual victories like Mankato and AA got.