SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

30 minutes ago, cberkas said:

My military career:

I was an AO2 (AW) stood Force protection watches on a carrier. Certified to run the armory. Worked in weapons department, you know the place that has all the bombs, missiles, small arms, 30 mm, and gernades. We work closely with EOD. Have a Seal team and EOD team with us every where we go. Hung out with the Seals and EOD when we pulled into ports. Worked with a guy who went EOD but had to change to SWCC, his brother is a Seal. Tried for order to Elign Air Force Bace where EOD school is to be a gun tech, but the orders were filled. Tried to get orders with a squadron it Fallon NV (Top Gun is there). I also saw the VA for mental issues, prescribed antidepressants, antipsychotics, and anti anxiety meds.

Interesting.  You seem slightly dyslexic, or you type too fast to be accurate, or meds. :)

11 hours ago, old school said:

If I was a parent of a potential recruit there's no way in hell I encourage my boy to even thing of attending this school after reading some of the sh@t that I've read hear

Bubba needs to fix this with a sledgehammer now.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/north-dakota-cal-poly-off-to-sputtering-starts-100617

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, cberkas said:

My military career:

I was an AO2 (AW) stood Force protection watches on a carrier. Certified to run the armory. Worked in weapons department, you know the place that has all the bombs, missiles, small arms, 30 mm, and gernades. We work closely with EOD. Have a Seal team and EOD team with us every where we go. Hung out with the Seals and EOD when we pulled into ports. Worked with a guy who went EOD but had to change to SWCC, his brother is a Seal. Tried for order to Elign Air Force Bace where EOD school is to be a gun tech, but the orders were filled. Tried to get orders with a squadron it Fallon NV (Top Gun is there). I also saw the VA for mental issues, prescribed antidepressants, antipsychotics, and anti anxiety meds.

You should be qualified to be a UND FB fan, and a poster on SiouxSports.com. I tip my hat to you sir!

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, brootgrizr said:

I thought you guys were going to kick butt this year but, cripes, now you have both of your own cheeks bruised. It can only go upward from here.

It has just been one of those seasons. I’m not sure anything else can go wrong but I’m sure something will.

15 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

You mean the terrorism watchlist which has no oversight and a very vague and mysterious process to remove your name when it mistakingly shows up on it? That one?

Were you special ops? Because standard infantry does not use suppressors...or do they call them silencers. 

You think it is okay for the government to have fully automatics with 30 round magazines, but I can't have a semi auto with 30 round mags? Because history definitely tells us that governments are ALWAYS to be trusted. The second amendment was not designed for hunting rights. It was designed to protect us if the day ever comes that our government is acting in treasonous ways.

I still think you are a turd for trying to blame the Vegas shooting on the NRA. I'm done here and I will disagree with you until I go to my grave. Good day.

This is going to be my last post on this because we're de-railing the thread but the government can fire a stinger missile at you with a flying robot.   You're not going to stand much of a chance with a 30 round magazine and a semi-automatic rifle.

16 hours ago, cberkas said:

They also would stop anything that will keep things for being sold for guns. Prime example is silencers, why would anyone outside SPECOPS need silencers. I hear it will help with hunting, but the elk, deer, and antelope will still move when they hear the bullet fly by them. Then you'd have the safety issue of other hunters in the area not hearing a shot from a silenced weapon. The NRA is backing to see if a bump stock should be legal is because of all the outcry about it. Even if there is a ban on bump stocks, I believe it won't happen, there are other ways to make a gun an automatic. Gun control for the most part is a joke.

Prime example of someone who knows nothing about hunting, or fire arms trying to preach on corrective action. Are you from California? Silencer...LAWLZ

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, AJS said:

Bubba and the coaching staff have a real opportunity here going forward. Injuries helped get the train off the track, but with what's come to light with Poole, Taylor and Randolph, it obviously went much deeper than just injuries. With the season shot, it's no longer about wins and losses. I know this is a really talented football, so the cupboard is far from bare. They wouldn't be starting from the ground up, like they did when they originally got here. What needs to happen is they have to flush out the bad apples. I'm all for drug testing everyone, giving one warning for those that fail, if they fail again, they are off the team. It's simple, what's more important, playing college football, getting FCOA and an education or smoking weed. I don't care how many players have to go, as long as the ones that are here are here for the right reasons. If I was a player doing the right things (I believe to be the mass majority), I would be pissed about this and would hope the coaching staff would put their foot down. Clean it up now! 

Hope we right the ship starting with this game. Let those that don't want to row go out the door.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Irish said:

Fickle fan base my butt - this season has turned into a dumpster fire.  Bubba had several selling points when he got the job - let's see how he's doing 

1.  Change the culture - no sideline dancing but other than that this is the second serious incident this year and the team is playing soft

2.  Recruit players to play "Bubba Ball" - In the world of smash face football our faces are the ones getting smashed - injuries are a part, but see item one about playing soft

3.  No more humiliations - some of the worst beatings and pathetic halves of football I have ever seen have taken place starting with last year's playoff game.

4.  Be competitive with the school to the south - years away

5. Improve the game day experience and attendance - this year started well - let's see how long it lasts

Bubba has some work to do - he is still basking in the glow of what the good old boys portrayed him as and being and also being not Mussman, but as they said in the movie The Hustler - "Time to shoot pool, Fast Eddy".

You are calling a "horse" a horse in this post and it is hard to dispute it. I think our fans are still on board but we really do need to see the points made improved or it may get ugly.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Milford torgerson said:

You are calling a "horse" a horse in this post and it is hard to dispute it. I think our fans are still on board but we really do need to see the points made improved or it may get ugly.

Today could be a big test regarding fan attendance for the rest of the season, looks like a respectable fan turn out.  A good performance is pretty important. With the news this week, maybe the team gets a good pregame talk and somehow plays with a mental state to play well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dlsiouxfan said:

This is going to be my last post on this because we're de-railing the thread but the government can fire a stinger missile at you with a flying robot.   You're not going to stand much of a chance with a 30 round magazine and a semi-automatic rifle.

Afghanistan will argue with you on this point.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, cberkas said:

My military career:

VA question privatize or not. A lot of vet groups I see say no. Is this another right left issue. Republican yes Dems no.

That wa a great win for Bubba and the program.  Guys played hard, offense was great overall, except IMO when you have JJ and BO and a line that is getting push pound the rock at the goal line.

Defense is still struggling, but kept fighting and got it done.  Taht is probably close to the defense we will have for the rest of the season.  

Score 30 without turnovers and we win, score 40plus with turnovers.  Kickoff and kickoff receive need lots of work too.  Blueprint for the rest of the season.

I think Bubba is trying to right the ship on the off field crap.  The more taht gets cleaned up, the better the team will perform, this season and the following seasons.  Tons of talent in the so, rfr, and tfr classes, need to keep it all focused and here.

Go hawks!

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4340292-und-football-notebook-schweigert-addresses-

Not sure what Bubba’s quote means but it doesn’t sound good at all for Reyes.

Doesn't sound good for those two knuckleheads that got in trouble on Friday either:

"I thought our guys today handled it as well as they could. I thought our coaches handled it as well as they could. We move forward, but we're going to be a program of guys who make good decisions and represent us well on the field, in the community and in our region. That's what we're going to do."

With their FB responsibilities removed, they can focus on their legal defense. And I wish them luck (they will need it).

2 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

That wa a great win for Bubba and the program.  Guys played hard, offense was great overall, except IMO when you have JJ and BO and a line that is getting push pound the rock at the goal line.

Defense is still struggling, but kept fighting and got it done.  Taht is probably close to the defense we will have for the rest of the season.  

Score 30 without turnovers and we win, score 40plus with turnovers.  Kickoff and kickoff receive need lots of work too.  Blueprint for the rest of the season.

I think Bubba is trying to right the ship on the off field crap.  The more taht gets cleaned up, the better the team will perform, this season and the following seasons.  Tons of talent in the so, rfr, and tfr classes, need to keep it all focused and here.

Go hawks!

I think the game is starting to slow down for the young guys who were thrown into the fire a few weeks ago. This experience will be valuable for them in the coming years.