SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

5 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

This team was much closer to what is expected vs Montana state than South Dakota. 

First defensive drive was a three and out which reminded me of last years defense. The first offensive drive was best drive in awhile and had a touchdown called back because of a bad call.  

The defense was much better getting the bobcats to third down but several times came up a yard or two short.  We just needed 4-5 stops and a couple of offensive drives and the result could have been different.  Have to find a way to cause some negative plays for the opposing offense.  Not sure of the exact results, but don't recall many negative plays for the bobcats.  It's getting closer.  Hopefully will find. Few of those needed plays vs Davis.

When it was 35-21 I said to my buddy if we can get one 3rd down stop we might actually win a game we have no business winning....but we never did make the play on 3rd when we needed too.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, AJS said:

Shout out to Rastas though for doing the best he can, getting thrown into a starting roll a couple years too early. He's a player, just way too light right now. Not ideal at all, but will pay dividends down the road.  

Yes.  inexperienced players and guys playing out of position trying to make the best of a situation.

More than ever, these guys need our support in the stands.

8 hours ago, petey23 said:

When it was 35-21 I said to my buddy if we can get one 3rd down stop we might actually win a game we have no business winning....but we never did make the play on 3rd when we needed too.

I said the same thing.  The energy in the building was there, a stop by the d and the avalanche was going to start.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, AJS said:

Shout out to Rastas though for doing the best he can, getting thrown into a starting roll a couple years too early. He's a player, just way too light right now. Not ideal at all, but will pay dividends down the road.  

Absolutely.  Just trying to do something he can't yet.  As you say will pay dividends down the road.

10 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

As a Packer fan I can relate to this post to the what is happening to UND. Look at a Aaron Rodgers and his injury ridden offensive line. He couldn't get anything going against the bengals and we also know they struggle running without a passing game. UND is experiencing the same thing. Until our backup young linemen get experience it may be rough for a few games. I don't think it's fair to expect this team to be a top 10 team with this many 2nd and 3rd string players. I do think we should be more competitive than the last two games but we just need to give it some time to these players to get the hang of their positions. I think Rudy needs to play call like it's the 4th quarter game winning drive on every possession because we need a high scoring offense to help out our defense. PASS MORE! I'm not ready to give up on this team and I don't think they are tarnishing the UND reputation they are trying to build. I know many are saying injuries are not an excuse because we should have more depth, but the amount is just overwhelming that a guy can't fairly blame anyone for these loses against some really good opponents.

I was actually thinking about the Packers too when I wrote up my post.  They're not my team, but I do enjoy their style of play. 

I asked this earlier on another thread, but probably more appropriate here.  

Who did keelan poole live with?  Was it anyone on the team?  Who on the team knew what he was doing?  How many guys on the team did he sell to?  None of this is pleasant for me to ask, but I find it hard to believe that he did not have some influence on members of  the team.  

Could this be a problem?  Could it be divisive?  My experience with the culture that surrounds all of this, over time would yield a result like we are seeing now.

The team has experienced some decimating injuries, both in scope and volume, but it just feels like something else may be wrong.

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

The new goal for the season is to hold a team under 40. Point by point. I don't care who's out there, we can't be giving up points like we are.

This is craziness:

The 651 yards of total offense were the most since the Aggies racked up 658 against New Mexico Highlands on Sept. 1, 2001, and fell 46 yards shy of the record of 697 set against Mesa State in the NCAA Division II playoffs on Nov. 25, 2000.

Sincere question:

At what point* does UND start Studrud but bring in Zimmerman or Heidelbaugh for game reps with this offense to see if they are the next QB? 

*Meaning how many more losses. :( 

**You don't bring in Boltmann this season as it would burn a playing season. Not sure if Ketteringham is eligible yet after his transfer. 

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

Sincere question:

At what point* does UND start Studrud but bring in Zimmerman or Heidelbaugh for game reps with this offense to see if they are the next QB? 

*Meaning how many more losses. :( 

**You don't bring in Boltmann this season as it would burn a playing season. Not sure if Ketteringham is eligible yet after his transfer. 

Ketteringham is not eligible until next season so the reps would be going to Brad and Zimmer. Keep Boltman on the shelf, like you said, as it is not worth burning a year. I have high hopes for Ketteringham because I believe when surrounded by a better "cast" he can shine. He ran for his life at Sac St last year.