SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

Just for reference on where those would rank among linebackers who participated at the combine along with the top performer in parenthesis:

Vertical Jump: 36", 5th out of 14 (40" by Feeney from Washington)
Broad Jump: 9'10", T-12th out of 15 (11'1" by Lee from OSU)
Bench: 36, 1st out of 15 (30 by Goodson from Clemson)
40 yd dash: 4.54, 3rd out of 15 (4.47 by Lee from OSU)

9 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Wow. I think he made a splash. Should make a camp and get an opportunity at least. Doubtful he'll get drafted since he'll be considered a FB which is the dinosuar position of the NFL...but one never knows...

Will he be the next Jimmy Kleinsasser for the Vikings??

• Upvote 1

The numbers are all well and good . . . but he's also a smart player.  Hopefully the numbers get some people interested enough to watch some game tape.  You don't have to watch long to find out that he has really good football instincts and that it's not just all in the numbers.  Congrats, and good luck Will.

4 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

I added one too. Hopefully they change that. It may be petty, but when a kid finally gets UND football a little extra exposure it would be nice that the exposure goes to the correct program.

NDSU already gets enough exposure, and to be fair, they have definitely earned it; But UND is certainly improving and getting more of those kinds of players that deserve a little national attention. Ratelle could be a big name, and hopefully he gets a shot somewhere. Would love to see the Vikes pick him up as a free agent. I just don't see him getting drafted, but who knows.

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

Cool to see that video of Will doing the bench press, his strength is unreal. Wish someone would find and post the clip of his goal line stop against Dakota Prukop. That clip really shows how his strength translates onto the field. 

Where's the video?

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

Where's the video?

Thats what I'm saying, I don't have the clip. Its not on the UND vs MT ST, highlight reel on Youtube, so I'm not sure where to find it. I assume Eversports doesn't retain those games to be re-watched. I'm sure someone has the clip somewhere, but he was an absolute wall on that play.

A good physical comparison for Ratelle would be Chris Borland, the former tackling-machine from Wisconsin, who famously retired after 1 year in the NFL due to health/concussion concerns.  Borland was an under-sized ILB drafted in the 3rd round by the 49ers & played his way into a starting role his rookie year & had over 100 combined tackles in 1 NFL season.  Borland was power 5/Big 10 stud vs Ratelle excelling in FCS, but Ratelle's pro day numbers are all much better than Borland's combine numbers.  Not saying Ratelle should or will be a 3rd round pick (I believe he will go undrafted) but he definitely deserves a shot...

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/chris%20-borland?id=2543772