SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Sports TV Options

siouxfan512

12 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

When I got the streaming set up, they didn't have a per weekend fee set up. I see now they have a day pass. But that's 14.95 per game, which is stupid when they list the monthly package at 18.95. (apparently I was wrong about the 24.95 price - must have read incorrectly earlier)

http://www.nchc.tv/packages

Thanks for the help!

5 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Where do Fargo peeps watch games? I just moved from Minneapolis. No cable here. Just curious if Bdubs is still (one of) the spot. 

I know there are some West Fargo bars. Spitfire Bar and Grill is owned by a UND guy and the games are on there. Great food too.

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

NCHC just tweeted back to me that the Roku app is still on track for early Nov (11/4 and 11/5) Probably not an issue for many, as those games against the gophers will be on TV, but should be good to go for the DU series. Hopefully without too many hiccups.

Curious what the holdup is. 

So for first year bought the NCHC Sioux subscription, as I'm going to cut the cord, meaning I can no longer watch my Avs (not out of market) and can still get my hockey fix. Last weekend mirrored it on my Apple TV, worked great. This week got the new Apple TV and downloaded the app. Got an invite to the neighbors for dinner. Dilemma, thinking I have to start the game, pause it & continue once I get home  

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with everyone on the Roku app. Worked awesome this past weekend. I bought the Roku 2 and have it hardwired into my modem, so I'm not running off of wifi. Stream was flawless.

Now, if only the Big Sky could move to something like this, or when/if UND moves to MVFC then we can see football and some basketball on the WatchESPN app. I've watched some Bison games with my in-laws through the Roku as well, and the stream has been flawless there as well.

Pretty awesome for $60

19 minutes ago, franchise said:

So do you just get the Roku player and use that to access NCHC TV directly to the TV rather than connecting the laptop to the TV?

Yes. You download the nchc channel to the roku then login to your nchctv subscription. Gets you to the game with a few clicks of the roku remote.

My only complaint with nchc on roku is the live games listing seems a little glitchy. If I'm watching the und game  and during intermission I want to check another game I hit the back button and the listing isn't correct. So I hit the back button again and select live games again and the active games listing refreshes.