SiouxSports.com Forum

Stanley Cup Finals

Speez

I disagree Hawks need to clean up the turnovers but they completely dominated the 1st half of the game yesterday. Right now this series has some of the same feeling as the Hawks/Detroit series to me where Howard really just kept Detroit in it but eventually they started to get to him. I think it is very beneficial to Chicago that there isn't an extra day of rest between game 2 and 3 and think the Hawks will take game 3 on Monday.

I think people are overlooking something here, Boston is a better team that some are giving them credit for... If the Blackhawks are going to win this series, they're going to have the black and blue marks to prove it.

It's also funny how Pierre McGuire has fawned allover the Blackhawks during this series, but the Bruins could very well be up 2-0 in this series if they had buried their chances they had in game one. The Bruins are a very deep team, while they have no super stars, the Bruins are a team of second and third line players and all of them do what they have to do to win.

It's about being hard to play against, it's about getting guys to buy into a system and playing for the other guys on the team. Ironically, this kind of how our favorite team in green plays when their kicking tails and winning games. Last night, I made the comment that this reminds me of UND Hockey where they tire out the shooters before they go out and win the game.

• Upvote 1

This series certainly has the possibility of going 7, doesn't it? Why, oh why does the NBA generate so much hype when the NHL playoffs are infinitely superior?

I don't know, wouldn't watch an NBA game if it was being played in my basement.

I think people are overlooking something here, Boston is a better team that some are giving them credit for... If the Blackhawks are going to win this series, they're going to have the black and blue marks to prove it.

It's also funny how Pierre McGuire has fawned allover the Blackhawks during this series, but the Bruins could very well be up 2-0 in this series if they had buried their chances they had in game one. The Bruins are a very deep team, while they have no super stars, the Bruins are a team of second and third line players and all of them do what they have to do to win.

It's about being hard to play against, it's about getting guys to buy into a system and playing for the other guys on the team. Ironically, this kind of how our favorite team in green plays when their kicking tails and winning games. Last night, I made the comment that this reminds me of UND Hockey where they tire out the shooters before they go out and win the game.

Agree I think either team could easily be up 2-0 so it is probably fitting that it is a 1-1 series right now. It has got to be frustrating for the Blackhawks how little space the Bruins make available and how well they clog the neutral zone and lanes, and the biggest frustration has to be how many shots the Bruins block. I think the Bruins are probably the most physical team and I think one mistake the Hawks may be making is putting Bollig in the lineup for more physical pressence and taking Stalberg out with all his speed. I think there have been a few times the Hawks speed has caused the Bruins D problems and think the Hawks will probably put Stalberg in for Monday's game to try to add more speed. One thing to keep an eye on as the series goes on is how the Bruins top 3 D are as they have played a lot of minutes these first couple games and if this series goes 7 like a lot of people think it will will their level of play dwindle at all with all the minutes they will have played by that time.

I think it is fitting right now that the series is tied 1-1 because boston should have won game one and chicago should have won game two. that being said boston is a very good team and have the "hot goalie". like I said earlier if the blackhawks can't find a away to score this series will be over next saturday. this might be similar to the detroit series, however if chicago goes down 3-1 they aren't coming back against boston.

• Upvote 2

My thoughts exactly.

• Upvote 1

??? I'm pretty sure everyone has given Boston their credit....it's a Boston team. Did you actually think this was going to be a sweep :o) ? From the beginning I knew this was going to go 6 or 7 games so the fact Boston got super lucky a stole one didn't surprise me. Let's talk about the Cup winner when it happens. We can't sit here and talk about not giving another team their due respect because they stole one game. Everyone saw who the better team was that game, however it's hockey, the better team does not always get the bounces. I actually thought Boston laid an egg last game, they looked pretty flat to me. Luckily they have an outstanding tender. I'm guessing tonight will be full of flavor as well.

??? I'm pretty sure everyone has given Boston their credit....it's a Boston team. Did you actually think this was going to be a sweep :o) ? From the beginning I knew this was going to go 6 or 7 games so the fact Boston got super lucky a stole one didn't surprise me. Let's talk about the Cup winner when it happens. We can't sit here and talk about not giving another team their due respect because they stole one game. Everyone saw who the better team was that game, however it's hockey, the better team does not always get the bounces. I actually thought Boston laid an egg last game, they looked pretty flat to me. Luckily they have an outstanding tender. I'm guessing tonight will be full of flavor as well.

One could say the same about Chicago in Game 1. Either way, this series is rightfully at 1-1 in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Did I say you? I was thinking more of the pundits... After the first period the Bruins out shot the Blackbawks.

Did I say you? I was thinking more of the pundits... After the first period the Bruins out shot the Blackbawks.

I was trying to stick up for the pundits because I haven't noticed anyone leaning the Hawks way over Boston's.

Well I'm picking the hawks because of toews. They have a former fighting Sioux player on their team (duh)! Any team with ties to und is who I will always cheer for as long as they play a fun to follow up tempo game. For this reason I don't know if I could ever cheer for the wild....they've been too boring for too long! But Stanley cup finals....lets go toews and lets go hawks!

sounds like the hawks are overreacting a bit, bollig out now, stalberg in, bickell is trying to find his form, hawks need to play with more depseration. you would think they are down 0-2. I could see the hawks getting run out of the building tonight, especially if boston scores real early. not to the tune of 8-1 like game 3 in 2011, but 4-1 bruins tonight with an empt netter to cap it off.

Hawks fan here and have been since the late 60's. Game 3 is huge tonight. 21 of the last 25 game 3 winners have gone on to win the Cup. Big game and for as much as I want to see the Hawks win I think the Bruins prevail 4-2. Damn I hope I'm wrong.

Hawks fan here and have been since the late 60's. Game 3 is huge tonight. 21 of the last 25 game 3 winners have gone on to win the Cup. Big game and for as much as I want to see the Hawks win I think the Bruins prevail 4-2. Damn I hope I'm wrong.

I like how you're thinking, but now I suppose the Hawks win 6-1 because of the fact that Chicago has yet to win a game three this season. Chara and Lucic just collided during the Warm ups.