SiouxSports.com Forum

Game Two UND and UNH

Goon

Any dreams this team has of a national championship should be burried. They need to start playing one weekend at a time.

UNH was missing their best player at the WJC's. UND has no excuse for dropping this game at home. Yet again. This has to be the first time since anyone can remember that the Sioux have not swept a series this late in the season. Seriously - when was the last time?

relax, buddy we are playing a nationally ranked team who swept CC. a NC is not decided now, it is decided in April and we are still a long way from April.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any dreams this team has of a national championship should be burried. They need to start playing one weekend at a time.

UNH was missing their best player at the WJC's. UND has no excuse for dropping this game at home. Yet again. This has to be the first time since anyone can remember that the Sioux have not swept a series this late in the season. Seriously - when was the last time?

Dude I better not see your sorry a&& on here in April saying GO SIOUX......freaking bandwagon fan....

Very disappointing finish. The Sioux choke away a game and once again fail to sweep at home. We're not going to get anywhere if they are just going to keep splitting with every team. Right now there really isn't anything special about this team but hopefully they can start picking things up. Still pretty mad though that they lost this one in which they definitely had in there grasp to win.

I'm a little tired (OK, a LOT tired) of the "don't worry, everything will be okay" attitude of a lot of fans. This year's team has been a huge disappointment. Plain and simple.

They have not even measured up to the standards to which an "average" UND team would be held. Let alone a team that returns the Hobey winner, and has as much other talent as they do.

I'm a little tired (OK, a LOT tired) of the "don't worry, everything will be okay" attitude of a lot of fans. This year's team has been a huge disappointment. Plain and simple.

They have not even measured up to the standards to which an "average" UND team would be held. Let alone a team that returns the Hobey winner, and has as much other talent as they do.

we are not saying not to worry...does it worry me that we can't sweep, does it worry me that we haven't had a shut-out in how long? YES, it does....but we are still a long way from April and we are not out yet. we played a Nationally ranked team and yes we feel that we should have won, but we didn't..All the boys need to concentrate on now is SCSU. one game and one series at a time.

I bet that Schlossman is going to run with the "hot goaltender" theme in the Grand Forks fishwrapper tomorrow, but that doesn't explain giving up four unanswered goals after building a 3-1 lead, being sloppy on the penalty kill, the lack of effort and urgency after UNH tied the game at 3-3 in the third and the careless, sloppy play in the defensive zone tonight. We had to earn our chances tonight, UNH didn't give us anything. But UNH took advantage of some bad defensive zone coverage on our part. The silver lining for tonight is that this wasn't a conference series, so we didn't lose points. But if we want to finish in the top three in the league (and avoid the Final Five play-in game), we will have to win games like this and not lose them.

Bottom line: A championship team would win a game with a 3-2 lead at home going into the third period. Test failed. Time to get ready for conference play next week at St. Cloud and then back home vs. Michigan Tech.

And I'm tired of the fans that whine about losing title hopes after a loss in December.

Has this team been disappointing at times this year? Yes.

Have they shown signs of being a great team this year? Absolutely.

The past few years the Sioux have really turned it on in Jan/Feb and made the F4. Now, I'm not saying that they are guaranteed to do that again this year, but they certainly have the talent to do it (and their schedule gets easier in the next month).

If the season ended today, the Sioux would easily be in the NCAA's despite their "disappointing" season thus far. And that's all it takes to have a chance at the big title.

Keep in mind, that while last year's team turned things around right after Christmas, the two years before that, the hot streak didn't start until the end of January, beginning of February. Are they playing to their potential? Probably not...but they also haven't hit "rock bottom" which generally comes before a hot streak.

I bet that Schlossman is going to run with the "hot goaltender" theme in the Grand Forks fishwrapper tomorrow, but that doesn't explain giving up four unanswered goals after building a 3-1 lead, being sloppy on the penalty kill, the lack of effort and urgency after UNH tied the game at 3-3 in the third and the careless, sloppy play in the defensive zone tonight. We had to earn our chances tonight, UNH didn't give us anything. But UNH took advantage of some bad defensive zone coverage on our part. The silver lining for tonight is that this wasn't a conference series, so we didn't lose points. But if we want to finish in the top three in the league (and avoid the Final Five play-in game), we will have to win games like this and not lose them.

Bottom line: A championship team would win a game with a 3-2 lead at home. Test failed. Time to get ready for conference play next week at St. Cloud and then back home vs. Michigan Tech.

Agreed. This sums things up, a bit less emotionally than I did.

UND obviously is a good team. But not a great team. Playing like they have so far this season, they certainly can not be expected to go far in the NCAA's. To do that, you have to put back-to-back-to-back wins together; something this team has yet to do. Not a good sign at all.