SiouxSports.com Forum

Game Two UND and UNH

Goon

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's unfortunate the way it fell apart at the end tonight. It was definitely a mistake not putting JPL back into the net for a center ice face-off. But before that, when UNH tied it up and then went ahead, the Sioux needed a time out. They looked really rattled at that point.

I think the diving call affected Lamoureux. He should have known that Adam would call that at the first opporunity. I'm assuming he was warned too. Maybe we could have been on a power play..instead we give up 2 quick goals.

Chorney is too good a player to be struggling the way he is. Hopefully, he'll get back on track next weekend.

We were thinking that it does offically start till next weekend.

Also if the playoffs began today UND is probably a 2 seed.

Guess what? The playoffs don't begin today so it really doesn't matter. I think we need to worry about our team instead of worrying about how soft a schedule Miami has played. The fact of the matter is that we are not consistent and unless this trend is reversed, we aren't going to be going very far in the playoffs.

Their loss of composure was horrible and there's no arguing that. I also don't understand having Phil on the bench for the center ice faceoff; there was still 1+ minute left, plenty of time to pull him after you have good possession.

I was confused about that one as well let the guys get the face off and get possession then take it in set up in the offensive zone.

Last comment. I irritated my fiance tonight :D

Did anyone hear Hak's postgame comments?

I am very disappointed in keeping Phil off on a draw at center ice...again, I never did any better than a third line high schooler, but seriously...

I agree totally.You would think you would put Phil back on the ice and get the puck in NH end and then pull the goalie.But then again I'M just a youth hockey coach so what do I know?

Last comment. I irritated my fiance tonight :D

Man, I think my friends and I irritated everyone in the arena last night, or at least the sections that were near us... Except for the very few people that found us amusing for cheering and being loud/obnoxious for about 90% of the game...

I was really expecting us to pull out our first sweep of the season, our team shouldn't still be struggling! Oh well, the University of No Hardware will stay that way after this season too..... Go Sioux!!

She is over it :D

Anybody know where we can get Hak's post game comments?

Sure she's over it. She'll pull that out of the bag sooner or later.

The radio crew had some technical difficulties and apparently lost their connection right after Bina's goal. When they came back in (when I was in the Whistlermobile) it sounded like they were calling in.

They didn't do an interview. I imagine that would have been an interesting one if Hak gave it. I'm pretty sure he wasn't very happy about giving up a lead and then losing it late in the third.

The goal I am most dissapointed in was the go ahead goal by UNH. They were changing lines and had 1 guy in our zone against all 5 of ours. Instead of making sure we dug the puck out of the corner, our players stood around and let the 1 UNH player get the puck. As soon as I saw that, I knew it wasn't going to be good and 5 seconds later they had the goal. We NEED to win that puck in that situation. We stood around way to much at the end of the 3rd. Were we tired? And if so, why? That being said, we did show signs of improvement up until the 3rd. I liked the lines this weekend. Radke played well as did others. Next weekends games should be a very good opportunity to get a sweep and get back on track.

Guess what? The playoffs don't begin today so it really doesn't matter. I think we need to worry about our team instead of worrying about how soft a schedule Miami has played.

No $#!t, but it isn't as doom and gloom as other have suggested.

Edited by Goon

No $#!t, but it isn't as doom and gloom as other have suggested.

It isn't. But it sure as hell is frustrating. We can't put two good games together unless it is against two different opponents!

The good news, I like to say, is that it is a good format to be in for the NCAAs, as you only play each opponent once. However, this isn't going to get us home ice for the WCHA... which might be better anyways come to think of it.

It isn't. But it sure as hell is frustrating. We can't put two good games together unless it is against two different opponents!

The good news, I like to say, is that it is a good format to be in for the NCAAs, as you only play each opponent once. However, this isn't going to get us home ice for the WCHA... which might be better anyways come to think of it.

have faith my friend they will do it. I am crossing my fingers. We also don't know how they would do in a three game series :D

Trust me, I'm not giving up.

I just don't feel bad now for missing last night's game. Instead, I was over at my friend's house watching the UFC and playing PS3 games. (by the way, Call of Duty 4 is awesome. I should also put a plug into a side game on the Half Life Orange Box game called Portal. SERIOUSLY fun and funny too).

Trust me, I'm not giving up.

I just don't feel bad now for missing last night's game. Instead, I was over at my friend's house watching the UFC and playing PS3 games. (by the way, Call of Duty 4 is awesome. I should also put a plug into a side game on the Half Life Orange Box game called Portal. SERIOUSLY fun and funny too).

Up until the final 8 minuts 47 seconds of third period things were looking good.