SiouxSports.com Forum

Doug Woog

Prpichrocks_19

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say I'm a "fan" of Woog, but considering he works for the U of M, what do you expect. If you take a good portion of what he says with a grain of salt, then he becomes much more bearable. Just let the goofy things like "phantom assists" reflect poorly on his envy from his years as coach and lack of ability to win the big one.

I talked to Woog on Sat night at Sugar's lounge and he said the Gophs are the bigger and even were the more physical team, which I cannot disagree with. The Sioux do not have size on the blue line other than Big Joe who has played great this year! This team really misses one Chris Porter!!

I guess I missed the memo that said the gophers outhit us during the weekend. On Fri, everywhere I looked there was a gopher player on the ice. I realize that Finley had much to do with this, but I felt we outhit them on Fri. Sat might have been a different story, but I believe they outplayed us but didn't outhit us. The only one looking to do any hitting was the young version of Lucia.

I thought that TJ Oshie was avoiding contact this weekend which would be understandable considering his injury (crosschecked in Denver according to the coach.)

I think that Oshie's physical play has gotten the team playing more physical.

The coaching staff may have told the team to back off too as they didn't want to give Campion any excuse to put us in the box.

I thought that TJ Oshie was avoiding contact this weekend which would be understandable considering his injury (crosschecked in Denver according to the coach.)

I think that Oshie's physical play has gotten the team playing more physical.

The coaching staff may have told the team to back off too as they didn't want to give Campion any excuse to put us in the box.

I am not sure tha Hak would do that, they weren't as physical this weekend as they were when they took it too Wisconsin.

Just let the goofy things like "phantom assists" reflect poorly on his envy from his years as coach and lack of ability to win the big one.

Are you implying that Doug says things derogatory about Sioux hockey because he's mad that he never won an NCAA title? That's quite a leap to be making.

I agree with Woog. Being physical isn't all about hitting. The Gophers were moving our guys around pretty good when we were trying to cycle in their zone...now whether that is them being stonger and more physical than us or playing with a little more desperation and desire is up for debate, but either way it wasn't good.

Are you implying that Doug says things derogatory about Sioux hockey because he's mad that he never won an NCAA title? That's quite a leap to be making.

Actually North Dakota only won two of the "big ones" during Woog's tenure. He saves his intense envy for three-time champs Lake Superior State. Don't get him started!! He'd never play bubble hockey with Jeff Jackson.

Woog is a great commentator. He loves college hockey. Played for the Gophers under John Mariucci and also coached so naturally he will wear maroon & gold goggles some of the time. However, I think he is very fair and honest in his opionion not only of the Gophers but also of the competition. There have been plenty of times where Woog has been very complimentary of the oppositions play. He tells it like it is and gives credit where credit is due. For that I compliment Wooger. I don't want to listen to a gopher lovefest like John Madden to Brett Favre.

Woog's great. Mazzoccco flat out sucks. I don't know how even got the damn job. He must have some nasty pictures of someone. Frank "the Rug" Mazzocco is half in the bag the entire game and just utters nonsense. Actually it is quite painful to listen to .

Woog is a great commentator. He loves college hockey. Played for the Gophers under John Mariucci and also coached so naturally he will wear maroon & gold goggles some of the time. However, I think he is very fair and honest in his opionion not only of the Gophers but also of the competition. There have been plenty of times where Woog has been very complimentary of the oppositions play. He tells it like it is and gives credit where credit is due. For that I compliment Wooger. I don't want to listen to a gopher lovefest like John Madden to Brett Favre.

Woog's great. Mazzoccco flat out sucks. I don't know how even got the damn job. He must have some nasty pictures of someone. Frank "the Rug" Mazzocco is half in the bag the entire game and just utters nonsense. Actually it is quite painful to listen to .

I've always speculated that Frank M. might be drinking during the broadcast, is there any real truth to this?