SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Denver

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last I checked, all the games count. The McNaughton is gone, but the other big prize is in reach. The November December doldrums are getting tiresome.

That is the pathetic part, we are "early" in the season according to some but that couldn't be more true.

Last I checked, all the games count. The McNaughton is gone, but the other big prize is in reach. The November December doldrums are getting tiresome.

VERY TIRESOME! And, finishing 4th, 5th, or worse in the league is getting very old. We don't care about "NCAA PARTICIPATION" banners here.

VERY TIRESOME! And, finishing 4th, 5th, or worse in the league is getting very old. We don't care about "NCAA PARTICIPATION" banners here.

Agreed. Somebody should remind the players, coaches and certain fans that this is not St. Cloud State. For somebody making $200k+/year to coach you'd think Hak would be a bit more interested in the game. His comments bordered on boredom ... ;):D

We almost have to win tomorrow night and sweep the struggling Rodents (who lost again tonight) at home. Otherwise, we'll be consigned to fighting for "the 5th and final home playoff spot in the WCHA". Or worse. :D

This is one of the most underachieving teams we have had in a long time. ;)

The body of work is not complete yet. With that said, the slow starts and being out of the hunt for the league title is wearing on many of us. If the white banners don't mean anything, take them down. Flame away.

0 for the last 23 when trailing after 2??? is that really the stat? that is pathetic. someone on that team needs to call brandon bochenski and learn how to score. you can't tell me with all that talent, we can't put a line out there that knocks down the f-ing door and slams it home. i better go to bed before someone calls benedict arnold on me for being frustrated with the lackluster effort so far this season. *insert the obligitory "it only November... they will pick it up the second half... you're not a true fan because you don't blindly cheer without objective criticism" response here.

Alright, here it is, i said it before the season and i'll ask it again what talent?!?! We have an awful lot of role players and it shows. Look at last year, the majority of the scoring came from that top line. The only other ones to score...especially at the end of the year were porter and vandy. Porter is now gone and vandy is on that top line. With the young guys the team will obviously get better as the season goes on, but i really am concerned about how much better.

Goaltending: Were gettin all we can ask for, Phil is doin his job

Defense: I don't know what the hell to think here. Chorney has been good and the two freshman have been encouraging. As for Finley i dont know who watched tonight but he was the worst player on the ice. Disgustingly slow and for being 6'7" he's the weakest player in front and along the boards i have ever seen. I don't even need to mention what it looks like when he has the puck. As for poor play Bina is a close second. No one gives up more odd-man rushes...NO ONE

Forwards: The sioux go as Oshie and Duncan go. When they score we win, when they don't we lose. More so than past years that top line is really gonna feel the pressure to contribute every night and that will lead to pressing and forcing things. Why i see an issue here is i dont see much scoring from any other lines. The skill level on the ice declines so drastically when the top line comes off that its scary.

I really hope they can kick it in the arse soon because were gonna have too. Not a good season to get too far behind in the standings because the W is pretty pretty even up and down. Hopefully everyone can pick up their play and consistency can come about. But until then expect a loooonnnnnnggggg first half

I, however, vote for another ten new threads on how we suck!(which will happen watch :D ) Im waiting to voice my opinion till the break. But seriously, crash course in chemistry for the team would be good for the immediate future. Getting swept at home by the gophers, this year, would probably make me turn in my season tickets! ;)

The body of work is not complete yet. With that said, the slow starts and being out of the hunt for the league title is wearing on many of us. If the white banners don't mean anything, take them down. Flame away.

You are correct. The point I am making is that a team with this many upperclassmen (10 Juniors and 4 Seniors) should not be struggling this much early in the year. This isn't 2005-06 when we had freshmen leading the charge. Even last year you could excuse the team for a slow start because of all the underclassmen that left the team during the offseason. Not this year. There is no good excuse for the lack of offense, the abysmal powerplay and the lack of success at home. If these things don't turn around before Christmas, this could be a long, cold winter in Grand Forks. The late season turn around trick won't work every year.

I, however, vote for another ten new threads on how we suck!(which will happen watch :D ) Im waiting to voice my opinion till the break. But seriously, crash course in chemistry for the team would be good for the immediate future. Getting swept at home by the gophers, this year, would probably make me turn in my season tickets! ;)

The big prize is in reach, no question. The WCHA title is basically out of reach at this point. This pisses me off. We hang a white banner for that. Questions, comments, concerns.

Well i for one, certainly don't think we suck, but i also don't think were underachieving as much as most think. Were playing to exactly the level i figured we would, tonight we were in the game, and Denver is a fantastic team.

* One more thing i forgot to mention- Our special teams NEED to get better. Running around on the kill and poor puck movement and standing around on the pp are killing the squad

We didn't play well, but we definitely were hurt by the officiating. In the first five minutes of the game, I commented it was the fastest, best hockey I'd seen. Then come the penalties. 3 or was it 4 in a row. Give me a break. Two on Duncan??? What, does that match his career record???

Rook job by Mason. Sioux aren't as good as we thought. Look at what Toews is doing in Chicago. He ran the team last year. Case in point, we sucked last year until he got rolling in world juniors.

We are a middle tier team. I have loved the sioux for 3 decades. Get the job done.

I I am losing interest in this middle of the pack group of never wil be's.

Alright, here it is, i said it before the season and i'll ask it again what talent?!?! We have an awful lot of role players and it shows. Look at last year, the majority of the scoring came from that top line. The only other ones to score...especially at the end of the year were porter and vandy. Porter is now gone and vandy is on that top line. With the young guys the team will obviously get better as the season goes on, but i really am concerned about how much better.

If this is a team full of "role players", how did we ever get to the Frozen Four the past three years? And why are so many of our underclassmen targeted by their respective NHL teams with contracts that have lots of zeros on the end year after year? And why does our roster currently have 11 NHL draft choices on it? Either the talent is there or it isn't. We just have to start playing earlier in the season so we can get a decent seed in the WCHA and NCAA playoffs. And adding another MacNaughton Cup wouldn't hurt, either. But I think we can kiss that goodbye for this year. :D

We almost have to win tomorrow night and sweep the struggling Rodents (who lost again tonight) at home. Otherwise, we'll be consigned to fighting for "the 5th and final home playoff spot in the WCHA". Or worse. :D

This is one of the most underachieving teams we have had in a long time. ;)

The score posted during the game on TV was 2-1 Gophers. So what's up with that?

Anybody know what sent Oshie to the locker room there for a little while? Glad to see he was back out there.

If this is a team full of "role players", how did we ever get to the Frozen Four the past three years? And why are so many of our underclassmen targeted by their respective NHL teams with contracts that have lots of zeros on the end year after year? Either the talent is there or it isn't. We just have to start playing earlier in the season so we can get a decent seed in the WCHA and NCAA playoffs. And adding another MacNaughton Cup wouldn't hurt, either. But I think we can kiss that goodbye for this year. :D

Aside from Oshie, Duncan, Chorney....name our established skill players right now. LaPoint has shown promise, so has Frattin. And Kozek can score when the defense hands it over in their zone. We just don't have many players that can create for themselves. And last year we got to the Frozen Four with a lot of role players so it doesnt always mean bad. AHH idk what the hell is wrong we just need to start winning. No more excuses, just win.

The score posted during the game on TV was 2-1 Gophers. So what's up with that?

Anybody know what sent Oshie to the locker room there for a little while? Glad to see he was back out there.

Tim Hennessey said on the radio during the 3rd period that the Rodents had lost in overtime. That is all I know about it, I am not in the mood to verify other team's scores. Our team has problems of it's own. ;)

Defense: I don't know what the hell to think here. Chorney has been good and the two freshman have been encouraging. As for Finley i dont know who watched tonight but he was the worst player on the ice. Disgustingly slow and for being 6'7" he's the weakest player in front and along the boards i have ever seen. I don't even need to mention what it looks like when he has the puck. As for poor play Bina is a close second. No one gives up more odd-man rushes...NO ONE

I was at the game, just got back and your call on Finley is spot on. This is the first game I've seen in person this year so can anyone else tell me if that's how he plays ALL the time? Because that was pathetic.

Not that the rest of the team was looking sharp, but Finley and LaPoint (albeit just a Fr.) couldn't do anything out there. You expect some shakey play from a Freshman, but it's inexcusable from an Upperclassman. Maybe he should stick to slashing mascots.

I felt real bad for the Sioux fans from Portland OR sitting next to us who flew in to Denver to see this game.

If this is a team full of "role players", how did we ever get to the Frozen Four the past three years? And why are so many of our underclassmen targeted by their respective NHL teams with contracts that have lots of zeros on the end year after year? And why does our roster currently have 11 NHL draft choices on it? Either the talent is there or it isn't. We just have to start playing earlier in the season so we can get a decent seed in the WCHA and NCAA playoffs. And adding another MacNaughton Cup wouldn't hurt, either. But I think we can kiss that goodbye for this year. :D

With 11 NHL picks on this team, could there possibly be an ego problem for the team? I think Watkins mentioned in a press conferance this week, that the team needs to work on chemistry both on and off the ice. The "off" part suggests to me possible personal conflicts? Wasn't there a scuffle in practice prior to the UMD series? I don't know, maybe I'm way off here...;)?

I was at the game, just got back and your call on Finley is spot on. This is the first game I've seen in person this year so can anyone else tell me if that's how he plays ALL the time? Because that was pathetic.

Not that the rest of the team was looking sharp, but Finley and LaPoint (albeit just a Fr.) couldn't do anything out there. You expect some shakey play from a Freshman, but it's inexcusable from an Upperclassman. Maybe he should stick to slashing mascots.

I felt real bad for the Sioux fans from Portland OR sitting next to us who flew in to Denver to see this game.

I feel bad for all the Sioux faithful, who are simply being let down by a sub-par performance so far. No excuses - UND has flopped to start this year.