SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Denver

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The good news is that the Sioux didn't give up the obligatory empty netter, probably because Phil didn't come out when when he could have.

The bad news?

Second straight week the Sioux get beat by a guy who hadn't scored a goal all season.

And the Sioux go to 0-23 when traling after 2. :D

The good news is that the Sioux didn't give up the obligatory empty netter, probably because Phil didn't come out when when he could have.

The bad news?

Second straight week the Sioux get beat by a guy who hadn't scored a goal all season.

1-22 on the power play the last couple of games. Less than 5%. That's a serious problem. Sick of the Sioux playing like crap.

The bad news?

i thought they showed him having 4-7 for 11? may have been the guy who got the assist.

Wow what a mess. I could've sworn I was watching highschool hockey for a bit! I think WE need a crash course in chemistry and asap. Very ugly hockey and thank god for Lammy, once again, preventing the game frombeing a mauling. I was just glad to see Oshie get back on the ice, cause losing him could mean the year for the sioux in my opiniong. Everyone say a prayer for a split tomorrow!

Hak Post-Game Comments:

3 penalties in 9 minutes that changed the momentum in the first period. Did a pretty good job of killing them, but it took away the momentum.

We worked extremely hard, and generated enough scoring opportunities to score some tonight. Missed the net a few times in the 2nd period. Needed the bounce of the puck tonight and we didn't get it. They got it in front of the net. When you lose a faceoff, you have to be stronger in front of the net. That was the difference.

I don't know what the numbers were, but we lost more faceoffs than we won and we have to get better in that area.

We didn't give up much, but they didn't give us much. That's the type of game it was. We got a couple pipes, missed a couple of opportunities, and that's the difference.

Top line is pressing. They're human. They feel the pressure and expectations that are on them, and that's something we have to work with them on. Just to go out an play the game. We just need to work hard and go out and win a game tomorrow night. Nothing to hang our heads about with this one. We played extremely hard, and when you don't score a goal, it's extremely disappointing.

We'll see where were at tomorrow. We have some guys knicked up and we'll see where we're at tomorrow night. We have to park this one and come back as hard tomorrow night. Hopefully there will be a better outcome.

0 for the last 23 when trailing after 2??? is that really the stat? that is pathetic. someone on that team needs to call brandon bochenski and learn how to score. you can't tell me with all that talent, we can't put a line out there that knocks down the f-ing door and slams it home. i better go to bed before someone calls benedict arnold on me for being frustrated with the lackluster effort so far this season. *insert the obligitory "it only November... they will pick it up the second half... you're not a true fan because you don't blindly cheer without objective criticism" response here.

This team lets Mannino beat them yet again. I had the displeasure of watching UND lose vs DU with him in net a few years ago at the Frozen Four. Today, yet another game goes by where the youngsters have no memory of reasons to work harder.

So, this team is now sub-500 in WCHA play. The team that was picked to win the league. NOT GOOD!

And, reading all the USCHO & INCH commentary, I have to imagine that the "not getting started until Christmas" comments have to be getting really annoying to Hak, too. I really don't fault him. I think he is a good coach. However, perhaps the team needs a few hard days of practice to get things rolling. I just don't know. One thing is for sure, this team has screwed up so far. No question.

I know the mantra is "it is early in the season", but my calender will be Dec. 1 tomorrow. If tomorrow nights game isn't close to a must win this "early" in the year, I don't which one will be. Possibly 2 games below .500 in the WCHA heading back to GF with this talent is not what I think this team or us as fans envisioned.

This team lets Mannino beat them yet again. I had the displeasure of watching UND lose vs DU with him in net a few years ago at the Frozen Four. Today, yet another game goes by where the youngsters have no memory of reasons to work harder.

So, this team is now sub-500 in WCHA play. The team that was picked to win the league. NOT GOOD!

And, reading all the USCHO & INCH commentary, I have to imagine that the "not getting started until Christmas" comments have to be getting really annoying to Hak, too. I really don't fault him. I think he is a good coach. However, perhaps the team needs a few hard days of practice to get things rolling. I just don't know. One thing is for sure, this team has screwed up so far. No question.

That's the game plan!!!