SiouxSports.com Forum

Grieco Gone?

WiSioux

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes...I just got tickets in 108 row D...is this behind the penalty box? Will my 2 y/o be ok in this section?

Thanks!

It's not behind the penalty box, it's more around the penalty box. The 2 sections wrap around the penalty box. It's on the side of the opponent's penalty box, and depending on your seat #, you'll be able to see most everything. It will be a normal section, not a true student section. Well, maybe a little rowdier, but we gotta get your son accustomed to the atomosphere eventually. He'll be playing there in 16 years.

It's not behind the penalty box, it's more around the penalty box. The 2 sections wrap around the penalty box. It's on the side of the opponent's penalty box, and depending on your seat #, you'll be able to see most everything. It will be a normal section, not a true student section. Well, maybe a little rowdier, but we gotta get your son accustomed to the atomosphere eventually. He'll be playing there in 16 years.

:D That's awesome...I always say that! We are in seat 1 & 2, i'm guessing that's on the aisle. This picture must be the general area...that must be row e, f, or g behind the box?

tn_022.JPG

:D That's awesome...I always say that! We are in seat 1 & 2, i'm guessing that's on the aisle. This picture must be the general area...that must be row e, f, or g behind the box?

tn_022.JPG

You are left of the box in that picture if that's your seat #'s. That is probably row D-E I would guess in the picture you posted, but seats 10-15ish.

And I'm not sure why you would want to ever, ever admit THAT! :D Go Red Wings. Kudos to the Bruins for the jersey tweaking this year and for ditching the hideous "Poo Bear" logo and jersey.

41MyrvoldBruins3rdF.JPG

Those uniforms are hideous. bruins_1600x1200.jpg

I still listen to the 70's and 80's music on the 8 track . . . and those new fangled cassettes.

Pink Floyd, Cheap Trick, Big Brother and the Holding Company, the Doors, the Dead, Aerosmith, Jefferson Airplane..............

Oh man, I AM FRIGGIN" OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How the %^*& did that happen?:D

Pink Floyd, Cheap Trick, Big Brother and the Holding Company, the Doors, the Dead, Aerosmith, Jefferson Airplane..............

Oh man, I AM FRIGGIN" OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How the %^*& did that happen?:D

I don't know, but remember to in your will that all the jerseys go to me. Thanks. ;)

Yeah true that, our student section SUCKS :D

Is it really that bad? Everyone's SS is compared to the fantasy one in everyones minds, the one who has all of the students standing and cheering for the whole game. That isn't realistic, though. The SS was pretty crazy on Friday but there were goals being scored and big hits being delivered to get the crowd worked up. On Sat, there wasn't inspired play by the players so what do the fans have to be worked up about? Combine that with the fact that making up cheers takes creativity, a thing that is lacking in most of the population. And does standing up really help the team? I mean, I love to stand the whole game at the Alerus and when I have upper bowl. But honestly, I don't mind sitting during play in the lower if it means letting others see. Bottom line, our fans get after the refs, celebrate goals, and taunt the other team. They may not start "Lets go Sioux" chants every minute, but those chants add nothing. Every school complains about this and our's is no different. Now if the band would limit themselves to 9 Sioux Yeah Yeahs a game...... ;)

Im jsut saying thaat REA is not ment for college hockey with those suites behind the student section. I think the U should buy them out and let students rent them for cheap. I no some older WCHA players that just graduated and this was there favorite plaace to plaay. 1. They said the only time they cana hear the crowd is when the sioux score, but even then with tat goal horn on, they can barely hear them. 2. its so comforting with everyone sitting, they are enver distracted. 3. They are spoiled, they get everything they want.

Im jsut saying thaat REA is not ment for college hockey with those suites behind the student section. I think the U should buy them out and let students rent them for cheap. I no some older WCHA players that just graduated and this was there favorite plaace to plaay. 1. They said the only time they cana hear the crowd is when the sioux score, but even then with tat goal horn on, they can barely hear them. 2. its so comforting with everyone sitting, they are enver distracted. 3. They are spoiled, they get everything they want.

Real fans don't get distracted. The ones that do are the ones that come there for something to do, the ones that show up at 7 for a 7:07 game, or the ones that come to chew tobacco. The closest we could come to getting that fantasy example would be to put the ones who truly appreciate the game in the lower bowl thus making sure nobody got distracted. The problem is how do you weed the bad apples out?

Yeah it's a nice arena.... but really, do we really need the leather seats?? It's gets people's asses so comfy that they apparently forget how to stand up and cheer every once in a while! It's a HOCKEY GAME for cryin out loud, at least let the students go crazy!

Seriously, it's always so quiet in that building during Sioux hockey games. You'd think with over 11,000 people that place should be going wild every night!!

Real fans don't get distracted. The ones that do are the ones that come there for something to do, the ones that show up at 7 for a 7:07 game, or the ones that come to chew tobacco. The closest we could come to getting that fantasy example would be to put the ones who truly appreciate the game in the lower bowl thus making sure nobody got distracted. The problem is how do you weed the bad apples out?

He's talkin about the WCHA players that have played there before. The players don't get distracted because there's NOT ENOUGH NOISE to distract them!

He's talkin about the WCHA players that have played there before. The players don't get distracted because there's NOT ENOUGH NOISE to distract them!

I see that now. Well if people want, they could scream for 60 mins. That would solve that problem. Crowd noise works in football because you can rest during your possession. Same thing to a limited extent in BBall. In hockey, because it is a flowing game, you would have to make noise just for the sake of making noise for 60 min. I watch a lot of European soccer, which has the same flowing game problem as hockey does. Solution: The crowd sings the whole time. And they make noise. Other than that, there really isn't a way to do it.

You wanna see a lame sudent section, take in a BSU home game.

"Na na na na na Hey You Suck"

"You...wear...purple" (to Niagra)

The weak attempt at "Thank you" upon the 1 minute notifaction.

When they call out "Hockey" one person at a time?

Any perceived bad call is a reason to throw things on the ice.