SiouxSports.com Forum

Grieco Gone?

WiSioux

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it. The REA is the only arena/stadium/sports venue at which the crowd gets taken out of of the game every single game! It never happens anywhere else but the REA. At every other place in the world, the crowds are always at a constant, deafening roar, no matter what the home team does or doesn't do. Heck, at Michigan Tech when the Huskies are behind 12-0, MacInnes Student Ice Arena is an absolute zoo! At UAA, the worse the Seaswolves play, the louder the fans get.

Only at the Ralph are students too busy socializing, chatting on their cell phones or brooding about not being able to swear and stand up to get into the game. Only at the Ralph do old ladies hit people with their purses and old men tell fans to shut up for having the audacity to cheer. Only at the Ralph do the PA announcer, the pep band, the Daktronics scoreboard, bad music played too loudly at the wrong time, security personnel using gestapo tactics, national anthem singers, fans leaving early, fans who know nothing about hockey, beer, Greg Shepherd, Bruce McLeod, Don Adam, Doug Woog, Troy Jutting, Geoff Paukovich, Tom Buning, Pat Sweeney, the Cow Bell Guy, the 2001 Hobey Baker Committee, the locals, the good old boys network and corporate fat-cats in suits and suites conspire to create an impenetrable, morgue-like atmosphere.

There's not a thing anyone can do about it. I say tear the place down. It cost way too much. It's too nice. It offends people. Myles Brand doesn't like it. Bison fans don't care about it. Gopher fans call it Mariucci West. Holy Cross will never come back. The Sioux almost aways lose there and haven't won a national championship since they moved in.

Ralph should have known it was way too good for us. So, please, regardless of whether the nickname changes, just implode the place. I can't take it anymore.

sarcasm.gif

hey, i think ag should feel privaleged, none of the other players on the team have had a 14 page forum dedicated to them, even though the last 12 have had nothing to do with him :D ill try to keep up but don't crucify me if i miss something... i love reo speedwagon, could take or leave the rest of the aforementioned bands, don't know or care who did or did not sleep with someone elses girlfriend, sofie's last name is spelled with an "f" not a "ph", sioux yeah yeah admits to having been at an nsync concert, the ralph apparently is a crappy place to watch or play hockey (although i do agree it shoud be louder a majority of the time), and we can all save a ton on our car insurance by switching to grieco???

hey, i think ag should feel privaleged, none of the other players on the team have had a 14 page forum dedicated to them, even though the last 12 have had nothing to do with him :D ill try to keep up but don't crucify me if i miss something... i love reo speedwagon, could take or leave the rest of the aforementioned bands, don't know or care who did or did not sleep with someone elses girlfriend, sofie's last name is spelled with an "f" not a "ph", sioux yeah yeah admits to having been at an nsync concert, the ralph apparently is a crappy place to watch or play hockey (although i do agree it shoud be louder a majority of the time), and we can all save a ton on our car insurance by switching to grieco???

Ha Ha...yeah this thread is great entertainment and taken on a life of its own...I would characterize it as awesome and great.

HAHA!!! That is a hell of a summation. Wanna take some of my classes for me and sum it up for me in time for the final???

Let's face it. The REA is the only arena/stadium/sports venue at which the crowd gets taken out of of the game every single game! It never happens anywhere else but the REA. At every other place in the world, the crowds are always at a constant, deafening roar, no matter what the home team does or doesn't do. Heck, at Michigan Tech when the Huskies are behind 12-0, MacInnes Student Ice Arena is an absolute zoo! At UAA, the worse the Seaswolves play, the louder the fans get.

Only at the Ralph are students too busy socializing, chatting on their cell phones or brooding about not being able to swear and stand up to get into the game. Only at the Ralph do old ladies hit people with their purses and old men tell fans to shut up for having the audacity to cheer. Only at the Ralph do the PA announcer, the pep band, the Daktronics scoreboard, bad music played too loudly at the wrong time, security personnel using gestapo tactics, national anthem singers, fans leaving early, fans who know nothing about hockey, beer, Greg Shepherd, Bruce McLeod, Don Adam, Doug Woog, Troy Jutting, Geoff Paukovich, Tom Buning, Pat Sweeney, the Cow Bell Guy, the 2001 Hobey Baker Committee, the locals, the good old boys network and corporate fat-cats in suits and suites conspire to create an impenetrable, morgue-like atmosphere.

There's not a thing anyone can do about it. I say tear the place down. It cost way too much. It's too nice. It offends people. Myles Brand doesn't like it. Bison fans don't care about it. Gopher fans call it Mariucci West. Holy Cross will never come back. The Sioux almost aways lose there and haven't won a national championship since they moved in.

Ralph should have known it was way too good for us. So, please, regardless of whether the nickname changes, just implode the place. I can't take it anymore.

sarcasm.gif

:D Cow Bell Guy!! Hey, now that you mention him...what's the background on that guy? I saw his videos on youtube, and they are hilarious! Does he still go to the games?

sarcasm.gif

Is that you Tom Izzo?

WTF, I might as well throw my hat into the ring.

Robbie Bina is the head of an international syndicate specializing in the dealing of black market human organs. Joe Finley only committed to the Sioux because he needed a new liver. Taylor Chorney's ex-girlfriend moved to Barbados with Hunter Bishop whose secret twin brother actually assumed his prior life. JPL runs a brothel whose primary source of business is the UND Football team and the NCAA. Finally, T.J. Oshie's real name is Pablo Escabar and he is the head of the Medillen Drug Cartel.

I know this via inside information from my close and personal friend (lets call him "Sid").

Did I miss anything?