SiouxSports.com Forum

chris kuper

Csonked Out

I see that Mustard seems to be falling out of favor yet again. After they yanked him out of teaching last year, I believe he ended up playing quite a bit.

He's still being reported on the injured list in the Colorado papers.

Chris has played almost the whole game..... Looks good at times and still gets beat a little on pass protection.....

Matt Lepsis Denver's starting tackle is out so they have a little line shuffle going on some guys tonite have played two different positions on the line.....

Kupe will be a lock before this season's over..... He works hard...!

Anchorage Daily News: Alaskan has shot to start for the Broncos

Still, three weeks remain until Denver opens the regular season at Buffalo, and Kuper has plenty of time to reclaim a starting spot.

"The depth chart doesn't really say anything," Kuper said in a phone interview last week from Dallas, where the Broncos were preparing to meet the Cowboys in an exhibition game on Saturday. "The depth chart isn't set until after training camp anyway.

"I want to be the starter, (I'm) working towards that right now. I'm battling it out with the other guard."

The other guard is fifth-year pro Montrae Holland, who supplanted Kuper on the first string.

"I'm just working to get back to that spot, instill that trust in the coaches so that they can be confident with me," Kuper said.

I remember reading a SI article a few years back that the Broncos o-linemen weren't allowed to talk to the press. Hope he doesn't get sent to kangaroo court for this. :blush:

I think it's only rookie linemen that aren't allowed to talk to the press.

• 2 weeks later...
Too bad the regional news is facinated more with a NY Giants practice squad backup-backup-backup safety instead of a starter on the Broncos.

(shakes head in disgust)

Might have a little something to do with Dahl being a rookie and undrafted and in some eyes a long shot to make the Giants. Your boy Kuper is a second year pro, probably not as big of a story right now. Maybe it will be after say week one, give it some time and relax a bit. I don't recall Jimmy getting as much press his second year either. Dahl is on the 53 man roster. Congrats to Kuper!

Too bad the regional news is facinated more with a NY Giants practice squad backup-backup-backup safety instead of a starter on the Broncos.

(shakes head in disgust)

No - too bad the gfherald doesn't do a write up. Craig Dahl went in there undrafted and earned a spot on the 53 man roster. Your attempt to belittle Mr. Dahl for making the team is pathetic. :angry:

Dahl is the fourth-string, or backup-backup-backup, safety is he not? What's belittling about that?

That a fourth-stinger gets more attention than a starter is pitiful.

Then again, Eslinger, a drafted Gopher, getting cut got more attention too. Again, pitiful.

Dahl is the fourth-string, or backup-backup-backup, safety is he not?

Uh, no. Believe it or not, many football teams utilize 2 safeties on the field at the same time. The Giants kept 4 safeties (even though Dahl is listed as CB on their roster I'm pretty sure he'll play safety). So he's not a 4th string safety.

• 1 month later...

Sunday Night Football on NBC.....National TV Audience

When they introduce the players on offense for Denver, they let them do it themselfs...Chris says...

Chris Kuper, University of North Dakota "Fighting Sioux"

Pretty Sweet 1st time that has been done on the NFL broadcast (I think).....

Nice Job Chris!