SiouxSports.com Forum

07-08 schedule

sioux rube

Here is the schedule as of now...subject to change. The only date I'm not 100% sure on is the series at Denver. It will be either the 16/17 or the 30/1 in November. Anyway...

October ? - Exhibition versus Manitoba

October 13 - Hall of Fame Game versus Michigan State

October 19 - @Boston College

October 20 - @Northeastern

October 26/27 - @Michigan Tech

November 2/3 - Colorado College

November 9/10 - @Wisconsin

November 16/17 - Bye Week

November 23/24 - Minnesota-Duluth

November 30 - ? @Denver

December 1 - @Denver

December 7/8 - Minnesota

December 14 or 15 - US Under-18s

December 21/22 - Bye Week

December 28/29 - New Hampshire

January 4/5 - @SCSU

January 11/12 - Michigan Tech

January 18/19 - @Mankato

January 25/26 - Alaska-Anchorage

February 1/2 - @Minnesota

February 8/9 - Bye Week

February 15/16 - Denver

February 22/23 - Bemidji State

February 29 - @Minnesota-Duluth

March 1 - @Minnesota-Duluth

March 7/8 - SCSU

March 14/15/16 - 1st Round WCHA Playoffs

March 20/21/22 - WCHA Final Five

March 28/29/30 - NCAA Regionals

April 10/12 - NCAA Frozen Four @ Denver

Here is the schedule as of now...subject to change. The only date I'm not 100% sure on is the series at Denver. It will be either the 16/17 or the 30/1 in November. Anyway...

November 30 - ? @Denver

December 1 - @Denver

December 7/8 - Minnesota

January 4/5 - @SCSU

January 18/19 - @Mankato

February 8/9 - Bye Week

February 15/16 - Denver

March 7/8 - SCSU

Thanks.Appreciate it.

November 30 - ? @Denver

December 1 - @Denver

December 7/8 - Minnesota

January 4/5 - @SCSU

January 18/19 - @Mankato

February 8/9 - Bye Week

February 15/16 - Denver

March 7/8 - SCSU

As far as the games against Bemidji state, is this another home & home series? From you post, I take it that both games will be played at the Ralph.

• 3 weeks later...

November 30 - ? @Denver

December 1 - @Denver

December 7/8 - Minnesota

January 4/5 - @SCSU

January 18/19 - @Mankato

February 8/9 - Bye Week

February 15/16 - Denver

March 7/8 - SCSU

If this is true, the Badger football team is at home against Michigan that Saturday, and it's Vikings at Lambeau on Sunday. OH MY, WHAT A ROAD TRIP IT WILL BE!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a buddy in Boston who has BU season tickets, and I know they are hosting UNH on Friday October 19. But UND at BC sounds like a better game to go to.

Saturday the 20th Harvard host Princeton in football, with UND playing Northeastern that night.

Sounds like a good road trip weekend for the fall color tour.

As far as the games against Bemidji state, is this another home & home series? From you post, I take it that both games will be played at the Ralph.

Both Games against Bemidji will be in Grand Forks this year. Too bad, otherwise BSU would have had 18 home games, not counting the exhibition game against Manitoba.

• 2 weeks later...

this schedule has to be one of the best if only we could get a game with Michigan or Norte Dame to go along with that Michigan State game...but the schedule looks pretty full... can't wait

Anyone know why there are so many games in the afternoon this year. That makes no sense to me. That kinda puts a damper on things when you want to go out after a game and have a drink or ten and the game is over at 5pm. Thanks if anyone can help with that info.

Anyone know why there are so many games in the afternoon this year. That makes no sense to me. That kinda puts a damper on things when you want to go out after a game and have a drink or ten and the game is over at 5pm. Thanks if anyone can help with that info.

I also am wondering that. I see that both series with afternoon games are Saturday-Sunday series. I don't remember us playing a lot of them. I know it is common to play Sunday games in the afternoon which forces you into a Sat. afternoon because you don't want the short turnaround that comes from playing Sat. night. But why Sunday at all?

not sure what you are talking about as i see only 2 games early vs bemidji state at home and 2 at duluth which its party time on the road no matter what time it is. not sure what you are referring to?

I would guess that the home afternoon games are because of the North Dakota High School state tournament. Those dates are usually booked several years in advance. So the Duluth series may be something similar, perhaps a regional tournament that is already booked at the DECC.

I would guess that the home afternoon games are because of the North Dakota High School state tournament. Those dates are usually booked several years in advance. So the Duluth series may be something similar, perhaps a regional tournament that is already booked at the DECC.

I don't know when the State tourney is but if that is the reason, it will still be a problem. Even on the last day of the tourney on Sat, there is 3 games played. So maybe sandwich a UND game between the 5th place and 3rd place games? Sounds odd.

According to Brad's Blog

--UND plays back-to-back Saturday-Sunday series. The first is home against Bemidji State (Feb. 23-24) and both are 3:37 games. This is because of the state hockey tournament. The second is at Minnesota-Duluth (March 1-2) and both are 2:07 games.

I don't know when the State tourney is but if that is the reason, it will still be a problem. Even on the last day of the tourney on Sat, there is 3 games played. So maybe sandwich a UND game between the 5th place and 3rd place games? Sounds odd.

More likely between 3rd place and championship. The consolation game will probably be played in the morning. I don't think that this is the first year they have had a conflict.

More likely between 3rd place and championship. The consolation game will probably be played in the morning. I don't think that this is the first year they have had a conflict.

in the past, the consolation game has been played at Purpur Arena and the third place game and title game has been played at the ralph. that still seems tight for time to start the two games at least after 6:00 unless the third place game will also be at the Purpur.