SiouxSports.com Forum

07-08 schedule

sioux rube

I'm actually planning a Sioux weekend for the first weekend in November. It will be my first time watching a hockey game at the new REA. Both men's and women's hockey is home that weekend, along with the football team. Still waiting for the BB schedules to come out. I can't wait!!!

I am so excited too. With this schedule I'm thinking that I could make it to over 20 games this year! Also discovered that the Sioux are out east over MEA (teacher's convention) in Mn so am planning on making the flight out to Bean Town for that one too. Let's meet at the Bull and Finch (Cheers) Saturday afternoon for a pre-game drink! Go Sioux!

Let's meet at the Bull and Finch (Cheers) Saturday afternoon for a pre-game drink! Go Sioux!

I remember when I lived just side of Boston a couple of friends and myself checked Bar out and the place was small. Look nothing like the bar in the show. ;)

I don't know when the State tourney is but if that is the reason, it will still be a problem. Even on the last day of the tourney on Sat, there is 3 games played. So maybe sandwich a UND game between the 5th place and 3rd place games? Sounds odd.

5th place game is usually played in the Olympic rink. I imagine they could play the 3rd place game over there too.

I remember when I lived just side of Boston a couple of friends and myself checked Bar out and the place was small. Look nothing like the bar in the show. :lol:

Seems to me this was brought up another time. I thought the person said there are 2 Cheers bars, and to make sure you get to the right one.

Seems to me this was brought up another time. I thought the person said there are 2 Cheers bars, and to make sure you get to the right one.

I don't know about 2 bars but the one I went to on Beacon St? was small and lame...

I've been to one of them in Quincy market near Fanuel Hall and its a sweet place.

That's the one I was thinking of. The outside was the one used in the tv show Cheers. I have an idea, whenever someone comes in wearing Sioux clothing, we call all shout out, "SIOUX ! " instead of "NORM !"

The outside Cheers bar at Quincy Market is a replica of the bar from the show (at least one of the many rooms is the replica), but was built after the show had stopped running. The original "Cheers" bar, the Bull and Finch, on Beacon Street was the inspiration for the show -- and as others have said, the inside looks nothing like the bar from the show.

It'll be great to hopefully meet up with many of you traveling Sioux fans next October!

The outside Cheers bar at Quincy Market is a replica of the bar from the show (at least one of the many rooms is the replica), but was built after the show had stopped running. The original "Cheers" bar, the Bull and Finch, on Beacon Street was the inspiration for the show -- and as others have said, the inside looks nothing like the bar from the show.

Boston is a sweet city with a lot of history. I didn't know about the new bar in Quincy Market...

What year was that built?

Boston is a sweet city with a lot of history. I didn't know about the new bar in Quincy Market...

What year was that built?

Cheers Part Deux was built before I started college in Boston, but after my cousin started . . . so somewhere between 1999 and 2003.

If you go to the BC-NE weekend, I would highly recommend renting a car and cruising up north (VT, NH, ME) for a fall leaf tour. It is stunningly beautiful up there that time of year.

Or for the cheap version of scenery, just stroll through the Public Gardens.

If you go to the BC-NE weekend, I would highly recommend renting a car and cruising up north (VT, NH, ME) for a fall leaf tour. It is stunningly beautiful up there that time of year.

I would throw Rhode Island in there too, the NE isn't very big and you can get around pretty fast.

But watch the speed tickts are expensive there.

I would throw Rhode Island in there too, the NE isn't very big and you can get around pretty fast.

But watch the speed tickts are expensive there.

From what I've seen, speeding tickets are expensive everywhere...except North Dakota, haha. :lol: