SiouxSports.com Forum

Black Nike Swift jerseys

PCM

The black Nike Swift uniforms  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Sioux wear them during the Frozen Four?

• Yes because we win with them
    • Yes because they look good
    • No because I don't like how they look
    • No because it doesn't matter what the team wears
    • I don't care one way or the other

I'm writing a feature for USCHO about the black Nike Swift uniforms and I'd like some input from Sioux fans on what you think of them. If you want to leave written comments supporting your vote, I'll consider using them, too.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sioux first wore the jerseys at their Christmas tourney. From their things started to turn. They stuck with them and haven't lost yet when wearing them. They're like the 6th (or 7th for that matter) man on the ice it seems. Whether it's the unique fit, breathability and overall better jersey, or just pure coincidence, the Fighting Sioux are flat out a whole 'nother team.

See sig. :silly:

On a side note, they WILL NOT wear the white jerseys on Saturady if they win on Thursday because the Sioux are guaranteed to be the home team in the National Championsip. That doesn't mean they won't have a home version of the same jersey available now...

Also, you won't be seeing these jerseys for sale for at least another hockey season because the team had to decide by a certain deadline whether or not they wanted to wear them permanently and didn't answer in time. So, they still might be our permanent jerseys for next year, but aren't going to be for sale either way until the 2008-09 season. That's what I've heard anyways.

I like them because A. we havent lost. B. they look pretty savage but i liek the green ones better. c. nike claims it gives them better mobility and other things D. the more keystones i drink, the more i like them but also ive goen to bed wiht a 10 and woke up with a 2 but who knows.

We have lost once in the Blacks. OT loss to DU on Friday. I know, I was there. I say wear 'em because the make us SO MUCH FASTER. No way Porter scores on that wrap around wearing those flappy green unis. Finley hits another gear wearing the blacks. Those guys at Nike are genius. A jersey that gives us a real and noticable edge on the ice.

Seriously, wear the blacks. I dig 'em.

I'm writing a feature for USCHO about the black Nike Swift uniforms and I'd like some input from Sioux fans on what you think of them. If you want to leave written comments supporting your vote, I'll consider using them, too.

I think we could save UND money next season by having them use just the black uniforms. :silly: All kidding aside they should wear them for both games this weekend because they do seem to have some mojo in them. I just hope that UND goes to that style in all of their jerseys.

We have lost once in the Blacks. OT loss to DU on Friday. I know, I was there. I say wear 'em because the make us SO MUCH FASTER. No way Porter scores on that wrap around wearing those flappy green unis. Finley hits another gear wearing the blacks. Those guys at Nike are genius. A jersey that gives us a real and noticable edge on the ice.

didn't they wear the gree jersey's for the friday game against DU?

Edited by Goon

I think they Will / Have to wear them for the last two games - Because we have played very well with them - I have never had a Sioux Jersey - (Lots of other Sioux clothing) If we win with this Jersey on - It will become a MUST HAVE Rememberance of this Team (& maybe should be retired)

I could read the #'s just fine from the Nose Bleed seats at the X - Sat. of the Final 5 & I'm 1/2 blind :silly:

For all the negative feedback on the appearance, I guess I disagree. I think they look good. What I don't like about the appearance is how the colors and crest are the only things unique about them. All of the other swift jerseys have the same stripes, number types, etc... no real originality in that regard. According to Hennessey, they look a little ragged too... maybe they don't stand up well? Who knows.

As far as wearing the black jerseys on Thursday:

My daughter will be wearing an old childrens jersey with a faded geometric logo on it... the same one she wore at SCSU, at home vs. Mankato, and while watching the west regional.

At this time of the season, you don't take stupid chances. :silly:

kind of like black shoes on the court? make ya look faster>

It has been scientifically shown that black, especially when worn on the feet and legs, gives the appearance that poeple are moving slower.

In athletic competition, this has its most sincere advantage when an opposing player is taking an angle of attack and, due to the black making the opponent look slower, takes an angle which places the opposing player behind the opponent. The most common example is on a football field when someone is streaking down the sideline and a person is coming from across the field and is trying to time his approach to the sideline at the exact time the ball carrier will be at that spot.

In hockey, it works the same when traveling through neutral ice or when a player is lining up someone for a check and misses or only grazes on the check.

For UND, I REALLY think it helps players like Duncan (and Bina?) who is undersized with good speed.

Lastly, and most importantly, they look cool.

Thank you and until next time... keep your ear to the door and your eyes to the floor.

- UNDLAW

I voted that I thought they looked good and have some comments on the matter.

1. I'm generally more of a fan of classic styling for hockey jerseys. However, these have grown on me. If it were up to me I'd probably tweak the styling a little bit but overall these are pretty sharp from a newness point of view.

2. This style of sweater (aesthetically) is fine ONLY if it doesn't become a standard style for other teams. I know Nike provided these jerseys to several other teams, and I think the styling is similar, but my assumption is this was because Nike was promoting this new type of jersey (material, etc). If Nike has a standard "look" that any team would need to use then I say burn them.

3. I don't know anything about the performance of these jerseys, but if the players like them that's good enough for me.

I'll vote for an option that you didn't list. I like the jerseys because they are lighter, feel better, and have better performance.

I'll let the Sioux players deal with that aspect, thank you. :silly:

I voted that I thought they looked good and have some comments on the matter.

2. This style of sweater (aesthetically) is fine ONLY if it doesn't become a standard style for other teams. I know Nike provided these jerseys to several other teams, and I think the styling is similar, but my assumption is this was because Nike was promoting this new type of jersey (material, etc). If Nike has a standard "look" that any team would need to use then I say burn them.

3. I don't know anything about the performance of these jerseys, but if the players like them that's good enough for me.

I 100% agree. I think wearing black and having the different feel and design makes UND and the jersey stand out. If every team ends up wearing the style it completely loses its cache.

It has been scientifically shown that black, especially when worn on the feet and legs, gives the appearance that poeple are moving slower.

In athletic competition, this has its most sincere advantage when an opposing player is taking an angle of attack and, due to the black making the opponent look slower, takes an angle which places the opposing player behind the opponent. The most common example is on a football field when someone is streaking down the sideline and a person is coming from across the field and is trying to time his approach to the sideline at the exact time the ball carrier will be at that spot.

In hockey, it works the same when traveling through neutral ice or when a player is lining up someone for a check and misses or only grazes on the check.

For UND, I REALLY think it helps players like Duncan (and Bina?) who is undersized with good speed.

Lastly, and most importantly, they look cool.

Thank you and until next time... keep your ear to the door and your eyes to the floor.

- UNDLAW

well s&!t i think i just got owned

I think they Will / Have to wear them for the last two games - Because we have played very well with them - I have never had a Sioux Jersey - (Lots of other Sioux clothing) If we win with this Jersey on - It will become a MUST HAVE Rememberance of this Team (& maybe should be retired)

I could read the #'s just fine from the Nose Bleed seats at the X - Sat. of the Final 5 & I'm 1/2 blind :silly:

Didnt they wear the green jerseys that Saturday?