SiouxSports.com Forum

Black Nike Swift jerseys

PCM

The black Nike Swift uniforms  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Sioux wear them during the Frozen Four?

• Yes because we win with them
    • Yes because they look good
    • No because I don't like how they look
    • No because it doesn't matter what the team wears
    • I don't care one way or the other

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm calling BS -- If we win - everyone will want one & they will come in Green & White next yr too & who says they can't be made into more traditional look ? But the style from this year will be special for a long time - What the heck are they Microfiber ? If we lose you can always wash windows with em :silly:

ahhh yes

# 100% micro-fiber polyester with amazing "weightless" feel

# Bio-Dri

Maybe someone can shed more light on the subject but I had a good friend in high school that was a goalie. He always hated playing against teams that wore black ( or very dark) jerseys because he said it is so much tougher to pick up the pucks when you have guys in front setting screens.

It always made sense to me. A black puck on a white jersey, pretty easy to pick up. A black puck on a black jersey, a whole lot tougher to see.

ding ding ding ding!!!!!!

i believe we have a winner.

I'm calling BS -- If we win - everyone will want one & they will come in Green & White next yr too & who says they can't be made into more traditional look ? But the style from this year will be special for a long time - What the heck are they Microfiber ? If we lose you can always wash windows with em :silly:

ahhh yes

I'd like to see the Nike Swift in white at home and green on the road. just keep wearing the black ones this year since they're lucky!

as i said before, worst jinx in sioux sports history in the making :sad:

The black dont win games, they just look effin awesome! Sign me up for a Nike jersey!

Nice article PCM.

Thanks.

Did Nike debut the "swifts" at the WJC in GF - or was at Turino in '06?

This is what Nike's news release says:

Revolutionary Ice Hockey Jersey First Unveiled in Torino, Italy Hits College Game

GREENLAND, N.H., Dec. 28 /PRNewswire/ -- The Nike Swift Hockey Jersey, first unveiled to the global stage in Torino, Italy in February, makes its college hockey debut this weekend as several NCAA teams will pull on the revolutionary uniform for the first time.

In Torino, 10 men's teams and eight women's teams wore the Swift Jersey, including both the United States and Canadian men's and women's teams. While the Swift Jersey has been worn by National Teams in sanctioned International Ice Hockey Federation events, it is making its debut at the college game with the nine men's teams this weekend.

Nice article PCM.

Did Nike debut the "swifts" at the WJC in GF - or was at Turino in '06?

I know USA and Canada wore swifts at this years WJC in Sweden.

it was last years wjt.not grand forks then they wore them in torino.

Let's just hope that the attention to a jersey and how the team is 6-0 in them is not equivalent to asking a pitcher pitching a perfect game into the ninth inning how he feels about a no hitter...... :sad:

Let's just hope that the attention to a jersey and how the team is 6-0 in them is not equivalent to asking a pitcher pitching a perfect game into the ninth inning how he feels about a no hitter...... :sad:

Should I hire a lawyer? ;)

Should I hire a lawyer? ;)

I would take cover if I were you should the results not be what we want next time they are worn.... ;);)

Actually it was a great article, but like Coach said it is the players in the jersey that create the success....the coincidence that they are 6-0 makes for good fan discussions.

I would take cover if I were you should the results not be what we want next time they are worn.... ;);)

A reliable source tells me that Nike wants to know if the Sioux will be wearing the black Swift jerseys on Thursday so the company can make a big deal about them on ESPN. The way I see it, if that happens, I'm off the hook. :sad: