SiouxSports.com Forum

Black Nike Swift jerseys

PCM

The black Nike Swift uniforms  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Sioux wear them during the Frozen Four?

• Yes because we win with them
    • Yes because they look good
    • No because I don't like how they look
    • No because it doesn't matter what the team wears
    • I don't care one way or the other

In regards to the jersey, I've always like the black jersery's of the past. Always been more of a fan of them over the green, but that's just me. I know I'm probably in the minority. As far as this particular jersey, as others have stated, the numbers are difficult to read and the Sioux crest is too small on the front. Not a big fan of the form fitting either....it just doesn't look right for a hockey player not to have a big jersey. Just MHO!

Definitely disagree with you on the past black and green jerseys. I don't think the shimmer cloth or whatever it's called looks very good in black, more grey. I definitely like the green better with that material. But the new material looks very good in black, IMO, and I do like the slimmer fit.

I would like to see these with a larger crest, but I kind of like the smaller crest. I've even gotten used to the design of the numbers. I usually like the more block style numbers similar to what is currently being used, but this style number has grown on me.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe someone can shed more light on the subject but I had a good friend in high school that was a goalie. He always hated playing against teams that wore black ( or very dark) jerseys because he said it is so much tougher to pick up the pucks when you have guys in front setting screens.

It always made sense to me. A black puck on a white jersey, pretty easy to pick up. A black puck on a black jersey, a whole lot tougher to see.

I did vote for option 1, but had a hard time between that choice and option 2. Ever since they came out on the ice at the John (the first time I had ever seen the new style) I immediately wanted to buy one. Had they been on sale that night I probably would have paid any price for one. They are so sharp, and I really do think they give the Sioux a mental and physical edge.

Along with the black puck on black jersey, I had never given that much though. I have never played hockey but it does make a huge amount of sense to me the hockey fan. Has anyone else ever played against a team wearing black?

PCM if you would like to quote anything I have posted - you have my permission!

The skate for EIGHT! GO SIOUX!

I hope they come to their senses and pass on the idea of making that style of jersey permanent. In my opinion the vertical stripes and rounded numbers jerseys are the 2nd worst of all-time behind only the plain "NORTH DAKOTA" style jerseys of 1993-94 and 1994-95.

C'mon, these jersey's were a classic!

I still have not seen where or if these are available to purchase yet ?

Big A HG said this in an earlier post:

Also, you won't be seeing these jerseys for sale for at least another hockey season because the team had to decide by a certain deadline whether or not they wanted to wear them permanently and didn't answer in time. So, they still might be our permanent jerseys for next year, but aren't going to be for sale either way until the 2008-09 season. That's what I've heard anyways.

I have no idea how accurate it is, but nobody else seems to know.

I hope they come to their senses and pass on the idea of making that style of jersey permanent. In my opinion the vertical stripes and rounded numbers jerseys are the 2nd worst of all-time behind only the plain "NORTH DAKOTA" style jerseys of 1993-94 and 1994-95.

C'mon, these jersey's were a classic!

I would like to know the ages of people who are doing the voting here. Im almost betting the people who have watched the sioux for ten or more years longer than some of us are the ones who really dont like the jersey, granted theres a few of you who do like them. I think the jerseys go with where the sport has developed to over the years. Yeah the looks to some of you might not be so appealing but the benefits that these new brand of jerseys apparently have should overtake a couple flaws that you dont like in the appearance of them. If you were to take a huge vote, say nationally, I'm betting the people who like them are far greater than the people who dont in my opinion. But I, myself will buy one in the future, if given the chance. But whatever the case

GO FIGHTING SIOUX! :silly:

I'm not going to name names, but one newspaper reporter who covers a WCHA team told me that when he wanted to write an article about how well a particular goalie was playing, the coach told him he didn't want the article written. The reporter wrote and published the article anyway. The next game, the goalie played horrible and the team lost. The coach chewed out the reporter for jinxing the goalie and causing the loss. :silly:

Just curious PCM, have you cleared the article with Hak and the boys - sure would hate to mess with their mojo. :D

Just curious PCM, have you cleared the article with Hak and the boys - sure would hate to mess with their mojo. :silly:

I never clear my USCHO articles with Hak, the boys or anyone else at UND. It doesn't work that way.