SiouxSports.com Forum

Black Nike Swift jerseys

PCM

The black Nike Swift uniforms  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Sioux wear them during the Frozen Four?

• Yes because we win with them
    • Yes because they look good
    • No because I don't like how they look
    • No because it doesn't matter what the team wears
    • I don't care one way or the other

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm writing a feature for USCHO about the black Nike Swift uniforms and I'd like some input from Sioux fans on what you think of them. If you want to leave written comments supporting your vote, I'll consider using them, too.

You're going to jinx us!!! Way to go PCM! :silly: Not a big believer in superstition, so I can't really believe this one jersey makes the difference in Sioux winning games and losing games. However this may get into the psychie's of the players and make the difference in them, and what they believe they can do.

In regards to the jersey, I've always like the black jersery's of the past. Always been more of a fan of them over the green, but that's just me. I know I'm probably in the minority. As far as this particular jersey, as others have stated, the numbers are difficult to read and the Sioux crest is too small on the front. Not a big fan of the form fitting either....it just doesn't look right for a hockey player not to have a big jersey. Just MHO!

well s&!t i think i just got owned

That is what scientists say. Personally, I agree with you. And, I like the slimming characteristics it gives when you are carrying that extra 20 pounds of winter "hockey weight."

AND, seriously, PCM... do you actually sleep or do you spend your time away from this board reading about hockey so you can show us up when you come back... either way... may a higher power bless you for it!

:silly:

Maybe someone can shed more light on the subject but I had a good friend in high school that was a goalie. He always hated playing against teams that wore black ( or very dark) jerseys because he said it is so much tougher to pick up the pucks when you have guys in front setting screens.

It always made sense to me. A black puck on a white jersey, pretty easy to pick up. A black puck on a black jersey, a whole lot tougher to see.

They look sharp, and we have been wining in them, but thats more so because we have talented players and the bounces have been going our way since Christmas.

The only thing I don't like about them is that they don't fit very well around the neck. It could be that the fabric just doesn't stretch right.

Ok, I'll admit, I hated the Nike Swifts when Team USA wore them and I hated the idea when UND was going to be wearing them over Christmas break.

I was excited as hell when the team hit the ice wearing them against St. Cloud State......and again against MN in the West Regionals. The guys look like a bunch of bad ass beetles when they wear them.

They have grown on me.....a lot.

I hope they are wearing them when they hit the ice against BC on Thursday.

We have lost once in the Blacks. OT loss to DU on Friday. I know, I was there. I say wear 'em because the make us SO MUCH FASTER. No way Porter scores on that wrap around wearing those flappy green unis. Finley hits another gear wearing the blacks. Those guys at Nike are genius. A jersey that gives us a real and noticable edge on the ice.

Seriously, wear the blacks. I dig 'em.

you must've had a couple of pops becuase they wore green on friday in denver in the OT loss.

Bring on the Black Nike Swifts for both Thursday and Saturday. Doesn't the home team get to pick what jersey they want to wear?

Not only has the team gone undefeated while wearing the black Nikes, they've also won each game. Big difference. I think that by wearing black, the other teams would be somewhat psyched out by knowing the Sioux always win in them.

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!

the sioux are undefeated in 2007 when wearing either the black nike swift or their white home jerseys. i think it's necessary they wear black on thursday.

and i voted for one, but i wish i could vote for two also. i like the look and the winning aspect. i get pumped whenever i see the sioux wearing black and i've heard it does the same for the team.

i like the new black jerseys for a few reasons. 1.... i think they look good as that is the slection i chose in the poll. i think black is a dominant color no matter what. 2.... i like the slimline fit as i do believe it may cut down on clutching and grabbing as their is not as much extra jersey to latch onto. 3.... we win a lot in them and i believe we may be undefeated so that helps as well if you are into superstitions of course.

overall........i say keep them for a alternate for now but if all hockey jerseys do go to this style then so be it, i believe the NHL will be converting in the near future.

I went to the Dartmouth tournament when they first wore the Sweaters and I was really disappointed they changed their sweaters, but when they took the ice everyone in the barn just looked at them with amazement (yes I was one of them too). The confidence, the intimidation, they made a statement

Yes - I'm watching the game on my DVR and they are wearing the Green Sweaters.

My bad. Maybe since I was in such a black mood after they lost, I got confused. I guarantee if they wore black on Friday they would have had that extra step in the OT. Unbeaten in black. No brainer.

Wear the blacks. They got the MOJO.

I dont like them cause of the small logo and name on the front. :silly: Make those bigger and ill go with them. Just win

!

i hear ya on the logo, names and numbers but with it being a smaller jersey slimline fit overall then everything on the jersey needs to be shrunk as well i guess like the names and ect......

they wore green both nighs in St.Cloud. PCM, you are human. :silly:

No I'm not! :D

My post was in reference to when the Sioux played SCSU at the Final Five, not when they played at St. Cloud.

ok all of you all saying that we are unbeaten in black had better be knocking on wood. I mean it, no jinxing the boys, believe in it or not...no bad vibes going into this week. :silly:

PCM is already doing that by writing this article, so if they wear black and lose, it's all his fault! :D