SiouxSports.com Forum

Black Nike Swift jerseys

PCM

The black Nike Swift uniforms  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Sioux wear them during the Frozen Four?

• Yes because we win with them
    • Yes because they look good
    • No because I don't like how they look
    • No because it doesn't matter what the team wears
    • I don't care one way or the other

I'm not going to name names, but one newspaper reporter who covers a WCHA team told me that when he wanted to write an article about how well a particular goalie was playing, the coach told him he didn't want the article written. The reporter wrote and published the article anyway. The next game, the goalie played horrible and the team lost. The coach chewed out the reporter for jinxing the goalie and causing the loss. :silly:

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not superstitious by any means but they have been winning with them since they started wearing them, so why not keep wearing them?

I have seen a lot of opinions but I haven't seen any data (players thoughts, etc.) that they indeed do increase speed, etc., etc. but I have no reason to disbelieve what everyone (and Nike) has been saying.

I do prefer the traditional sweaters. Not only because I think they look better; but by golly, my authentic Sioux jersey fits over my beer belly much better than these slim line jerseys would (if they would sell them in the future) :silly: ! Is this a concern of any one else :D ?!

But the biggest reason I would like to see them wear black is that it makes them look that much more intimidating, powerful, and that they are there to kick your ass and win the game!

Go Sioux!

I am a big fan of the Nike swift jersey. First off, they are really sharp. Second I think it helps limit some of the clutching and grabbing with the smaller, tighter fitting jerseys. Third, they dont get wet. Im sure it is nice having a dry jersey at the end of the game. I vote a big yes

I am a big fan of the Nike swift jersey. First off, they are really sharp. Second I think it helps limit some of the clutching and grabbing with the smaller, tighter fitting jerseys. Third, they dont get wet. Im sure it is nice having a dry jersey at the end of the game. I vote a big yes

I think what you're trying to say is that they don't retain water....they still get wet and whatnot....I don't think they are Teflon coated or anything (then again I could be wrong).

My gut feeling is that black will be the color we see our boys in come Thursday.

On a side note...Maine and Michigan State also have access to the same jerseys, so who knows, we may see them in theirs also.

MaineSwift.jpg

MSUSwift.jpg

NoDakSwift.jpg

While I do like the new black jerseys and though I am not a huge fan of the regular "dazzle" jerseys (while I do like the design, I find the shinny material to high schoolish) I do have a problem of wearing the black jerseys at the Frozen Four. The biggest complaint I have is that black is not an official color of UND athletics and I am under the impression that you should never win a championship with an alternative look (would Duke ever play in the Final Four in their black uniforms....I think not). I also think it is unfortunate that UND athletics (especially football and hockey) has gradually moved itself away from UND green. The new logo has very little green in it and when watching hockey and football away games a passing observer would never assume green is our primary color or even a color of our team at all (the little green strips on the hockey jersey and the green helmet would be hard to distinguish from even a little bit of distance). It seems everyone loves when our team wears black whether it be it looks good or we win it quite often, but I think we need to take a step back and decide if we want to downplay UND green as much as we have, I think if we work with Nike extensively we can find a style and shade of green that can look as classy and stylish as the black uniforms do now, now don't get me wrong I am not saying get rid of black alternative jerseys because they do have a place in the "marking mix," but I don

I think what you're trying to say is that they don't retain water....they still get wet and whatnot....I don't think they are Teflon coated or anything (then again I could be wrong).

My gut feeling is that black will be the color we see our boys in come Thursday.

On a side note...Maine and Michigan State also have access to the same jerseys, so who knows, we may see them in theirs also.

MaineSwift.jpg

MSUSwift.jpg

NoDakSwift.jpg

dont think we will see mich states because i saw one on a collectors website as a game worn jersey from this season that he has. my guessing is they auctioned them off after they wore them for whatever weekend.

"Next on 'Queer Eye for the Hockey Guy' we discuss skates, should they match the gloves?"

:huh::D

Of course they should. Everyone knows that in order to complete an outfit you absolutely must have matching "shoes" and gloves. Anything else is just garish!!! :D:D (Oh, and let's not forget the coordinating "hat" :silly: )

I went with the, "I don't care one way or the other," choice. I like the standard Green and White jerseys but these are not bad either. It is fine to use the Black jerseys every now and then. For their regular jerseys though, I preffer a more traditional sweater. Either way, Go Fighting Sioux!

Yeah we are winning with them, but they are awesome! I hope to have the option to buy one in the future. I've only seen them on t.v. so I can imagine how much I'll like them went face to face with the back in black jersey! Two more wins away baby!

Bring on the Black Nike Swifts for both Thursday and Saturday. Doesn't the home team get to pick what jersey they want to wear?

Not only has the team gone undefeated while wearing the black Nikes, they've also won each game. Big difference. I think that by wearing black, the other teams would be somewhat psyched out by knowing the Sioux always win in them.

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!

Yeah I always thought the home team chooses, but maybe just not in college :silly:

Last comment, I agree with the people talking about the jinx now upon us with the 'we always win' with the black jerseys. If you like them say you do if you dont say you dont...leave it at that please :D

The supersticious me wants to say keep the black Nike jerseys. We haven't lost when the boys wore them. But I have to agree with siouxfan123 here. I love our 'garish green' jerseys and how they stand out with our name and logo taking center stage.

I'm not going to name names, but one newspaper reporter who covers a WCHA team told me that when he wanted to write an article about how well a particular goalie was playing, the coach told him he didn't want the article written. The reporter wrote and published the article anyway. The next game, the goalie played horrible and the team lost. The coach chewed out the reporter for jinxing the goalie and causing the loss. :silly:

BU?

The black Nike Swifts are awesome looking, even with a little smaller logo they make the maine and michigan state

sweaters of the same style look like &$*^@&$^@# They are unbeaten also, so I say ride it out to the National Championship!

They looked incredible when i saw them for the first time against St Clown :silly:

For those who are more of traditionalists....

I don't see what the big deal about a new, better performing jersey is, even if it is black. It's not like the Sioux have had the same jersey for 40 years or something. They aren't like the Yankees, Packers, Bears, etc...where they've had the same looking uni's forever. I don't see how black can be such a problem. Green is nice, but why is it important? It's not like there is no green on the jersey. Also, it's not like they will be wearing it in the National Championship, because they won't be.

For those who are more of traditionalists....

I don't see what the big deal about a new, better performing jersey is, even if it is black. It's not like the Sioux have had the same jersey for 40 years or something. They aren't like the Yankees, Packers, Bears, etc...where they've had the same looking uni's forever. I don't see how black can be such a problem. Green is nice, but why is it important? It's not like there is no green on the jersey. Also, it's not like they will be wearing it in the National Championship, because they won't be.

its not about the jersey logo and style for the most part, its more of the jersey style itself, the bigger old school hockey sweater..compared to the skinny slimline fit, its way different style...

its not about the jersey logo and style for the most part, its more of the jersey style itself, the bigger old school hockey sweater..compared to the skinny slimline fit, its way different style...

Should we go back to wood sticks too? :silly:

I like them cause it reminds me of a red army type jersey. Not much in design, but it's all about the wave after wave of ugly black jersey coming at you.

If we win it all, I'll like them then.

When we take the ice wearing them, they should play the evil music from Star Wars, you know when Lord Vader would enter the room... Here comes the evil empire from North Dakota :silly:

I'll let the Sioux players deal with that aspect, thank you. :silly:

I think they are ugly as hell, but if all of the stuff Nike says about them is true and it does give an advatage...then were them.

PCM, what do the players say about them?