SiouxSports.com Forum

Q & A With Erik Johnson

Ray77

This week in John Buccigross's weekly column on ESPN.com, he has an email exchange with Erik Johnson. You can find it here.

Q: Will you be playing in the NHL next season?

A: Let me first start off by saying that I think it was a great choice to come to Minnesota this year. It was a great steppingstone. But next year, I really think I need to make the jump in competition in order to keep developing the way I want to. I think here at Minnesota, I could have been used more effectively in the system, so that has been frustrating. But, overall, it has been a fun time and I have really enjoyed my time here and I desperately want to win a national title. Next year will be decided after the season, though.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That interview was highly entertaining to read. I like the completely random questions that don't really have anything to do with anything. I wish someone paid me to do interviews like that!!! (Or that someone interviewed our players like that...)

Gopher fans better take note, this does not bode well for them. I don't think I saw team in there at all, except when he said we have to play for 60 minutes. The rest of the time it was about "me!" Great timing for all of this to come out.

I would have asked him why he threw his stick in the World Juniors that led to a successful penalty shot by JT.

If anything he should've thrown his stick at Frazee to knock him out. Maybe the other goalie would've actually been able to stop Toews.

I think here at Minnesota, I could have been used more effectively in the system, so that has been frustrating.

If I'm not mistaken (and I usually am :lol: ) doesn't EJ lead his team in shots? Does he feel he should have led them by more? :silly:

I think its funny, but you can't make this stuff up. I am sure tDon will be having a class on what to say and what not to say to the media.

EJ doesn't have to list to tDon...he can wait until next year and learn his media savvy from his new coach...:silly:

EJ doesn't have to list to tDon...he can wait until next year and learn his media savvy from his new coach...:silly:

I said it before and I will say it again. The best two players taken in last year's draft were Toews and Staal and in that order.

The interview answers should be of no surprise to anyone. This is just up front honesty from the Gophers most gifted player (possibly their dumbest too) who admits that he cares more about his own personal playing success and accomplishments than the team. Is it any wonder that the Goofs typically fold up their tent this time of year.

The interview answers should be of no surprise to anyone. This is just up front honesty from the Gophers most gifted player (possibly their dumbest too) who admits that he cares more about his own personal playing success and accomplishments than the team. Is it any wonder that the Goofs typically fold up their tent this time of year.

Ah yes, just like the mighty one move wonder before him. They are so lucky to get these guys year in and year out. The really care about the program and the treasured "m." :silly: At least ej has a little personality.

am i the only one that noticed that there was only one question asked about the team and that the rest were questions about him?? and the only question asked about his team was answered with we, us, as a team, whatever....i'm not a gopher fan but c'mon now