SiouxSports.com Forum

Q & A With Erik Johnson

Ray77

am i the only one that noticed that there was only one question asked about the team and that the rest were questions about him?? and the only question asked about his team was answered with we, us, as a team, whatever....i'm not a gopher fan but c'mon now

"I think here at Minnesota, I could have been used more effectively in the system, so that has been frustrating" doesn't sound like a team answer to me.

Shortly after last years season and before the One Move Wonder signed with the Bruins, Phil's Dad said practically the same thing about the Goofs in an interview.

I haven't seen that type of comment made by any other WCHA players. Have you?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnson is right. He could've been used more effectively by Lucia. Instead of just sitting on the bench resting when it isn't his shift, EJ could've helped contribute to the WCHA poster conspiracy.

Party foul. HockeyMom just blew water out her nose.

Johnson is right. He could've been used more effectively by Lucia. Instead of just sitting on the bench resting when it isn't his shift, EJ could've helped contribute to the WCHA poster conspiracy.

And if not the poster conspiracy, global warming and rising gas prices. Hell, while he's at it maybe he could club a few baby seals, just so PETA can hate the goophies too.

How soon we forget. Seems like a few Sioux players had a disruptive influence on the Sioux season. Cut the kid some slack. Either that, or don't use a double standard when a gopher does something disruptive, and when a Sioux player does. Be consistent.

How soon we forget. Seems like a few Sioux players had a disruptive influence on the Sioux season. Cut the kid some slack. Either that, or don't use a double standard when a gopher does something disruptive, and when a Sioux player does. Be consistent.

I didin't know we weren't allowed to talk about some things. Can you just post the rules up there for the rest of us?

OK then, in the intrest of fairness, TJ, Johnny, and Bina need to go club a few baby seals, and slash and burn some rain forests, and do their part to encourage more global warming.

You're a little late on the global warming thing. We could have used it a couple weeks ago though.

Except what TJ, Toews and Bina did didn't have anything to with the team, they just happen to be ON the team.

EJ, on the other hand, blantently said the team was doing something wrong by the way they were using him.

A little different, in my eyes.

The interview answers should be of no surprise to anyone. This is just up front honesty from the Gophers most gifted player (possibly their dumbest too) who admits that he cares more about his own personal playing success and accomplishments than the team. Is it any wonder that the Goofs typically fold up their tent this time of year.

BINGO! That was very blatant in Team USA's first game of the WJC. When things went bad, Johnson tried to do everything himself. Forgot about using his teammates, and just kept shooting and shooting. Where things turned around for Team USA, he displayed his true character during that game.

Except what TJ, Toews and Bina did didn't have anything to with the team, they just happen to be ON the team.

EJ, on the other hand, blantently said the team was doing something wrong by the way they were using him.

A little different, in my eyes.

um, how was their incident disruptive to the Sioux season? if I am correct, they were unbeaten for four more games after that. I really could care less if EJ thinks that the Goofers are misusing him or not. The only way that him saying that will be disruptive is that when he signs with St. Louis, all the Gopher fans will say that he was poison to the lockerroom just like Kessel was after he said that it wasn't his dream to play for the Gophers. I think the article was funny because of some of his answers and that is all that I got out of it. No double standard here because I got the same enjoyment out of the freak out over Johnny, TJ, and Robbie.

There was an update in this week's Buccigross article from Erik Johnson:

Erik e-mailed me this week and wished to have the following included in this week's column, concerning his time at Minnesota and his plans for next year: "I am sorry for the comments I made. I have had a great experience this year at the U of M and my mind is not completely made up [for next year].