SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UMtc

AZSIOUX

Actually, it's wise to get good and ripped for lunch with Mazocco and tDon.

Yeah, but what I really want to know is this: After you are drunk are you going to roll around in a snowbank and challenge the entire goopher fan base to a fistfight? Cause if you are, I'm leaving GF right now so I can see it.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but what I really want to know is this: After you are drunk are you going to roll around in a snowbank and challenge the entire goopher fan base to a fistfight? Cause if you are, I'm leaving GF right now so I can see it.

GET YOUR A$$ DOWN HERE! :lol: You sure you're kitchen pass is good for a trip like that? ;);)

Did you happen to read the last paragraph in my post where I said this series will be a split?? I even highlighted it for you. Yes statistically the Gophers are superior to UND so far this year. Break it down any way you want but MN's record is 13-2-3 in WCHA play where UND is 7-9-2. Does that equate into an automatic sweep this weekend---obviously not that is why they play the games (worn out cliche)

But you still had to take the time to list all your beautiful little stats for the benefit of ...? You Gophs always love to roll out the regular season record, the stats, the recruits in everything you post here. I choose to discuss results that matter because it doesn't leave one scratching their head come March and wonder how the wheels fell off. ;)

dunno if anyone already posted this or not, but in one of the articles in the Minneapolis paper, the following was said about Lucia: "North Dakota's talent prompted Lucia to pick it to win the WCHA this year, and the Sioux's resurgence in the new year shows why."

i dont think i would ever have expected Lucia to say something like that about the Sioux, not when his team was doing so well.

dunno if anyone already posted this or not, but in one of the articles in the Minneapolis paper, the following was said about Lucia: "North Dakota's talent prompted Lucia to pick it to win the WCHA this year, and the Sioux's resurgence in the new year shows why."

i dont think i would ever have expected Lucia to say something like that about the Sioux, not when his team was doing so well.

That was the pre-season coaches poll.

Woog's Wisdom

Minnesota doesn't have enough down low goal scorers, they rely heavily on the point and that doesn't work if the puck doesn't get to the net. Seven of the top 11 forwards are freshmen and some of the inconsistencies start to average out with this youth. Ryan Stoa has only scored one goal since November 19 and Ben Gordon has scored once since December 1.
The stars really haven't aligned for the Sioux this season. They are missing a good freshmen class that can produce. Jonathan Toews only has one goal in the league and T.J. Oshie only has 5. Rumor is Oshie is playing with a broken hand. UND has lost 8 league games by one goal. In goal Philippe Lamoureux only played 60% of the games in the conference due to an injury. Earlier this season they lost 7 of 8 including 4 at home. The Sioux are leading the league in the power play with a 23.4%. Their goals for/against is 0. They have more talent than their record indicates and they never mail in points so this should really be a great weekend of hockey.

UND Coach Dave Hakstol came by this week to remind me of when he fought Ben Hankinson, two of the most unlikely candidates

I actually had a good laugh because when I was 11 the Sioux had two national titles in the bank and the Gophs had 0

Was there as much loathing of the Gophers back then? Were we as arrogant then as now?

The first taunt I heard was the old 5>3 on the 1st incarnation of USCHO. Or maybe it was a hockey list.

Was there as much loathing of the Gophers back then? Were we as arrogant then as now?

The first taunt I heard was the old 5>3 on the 1st incarnation of USCHO. Or maybe it was a hockey list.

Perhaps your post explains why Gophers fans are the way they are. If you are so thin-skinned that a taunt is still troubling you one decade later than you have my sympathy.

Perhaps this thin skin is why Gopher fans always turn nasty towards the other team's fans when things don't go well in their barn. Woog's mention of the donnybrook (started by old man Olimb if I remember correctly) is a perfect example. Yet it wasn't the Gopher dad's who got tossed out that evening and they probably didn't have to pay for their tickets. I vowed to never spend another dime on hockey in the TC and I have a few knuckle scars as a souvenir from that one.

I have travelled to quite a few road games over the years to watch the Sioux play at all the WCHA arenas except Houghton and, other than a few obnoxious drunks in Wisconsin, I have never witnessed the arrogant and unsportsmanlike behaviour anywhere else. I have been taunted by other fans when the Sioux stunk out the place, especially in the 70s, but giving and taking it is all part of both the game and being a true fan

I think that is a fair question. My guess would be it all started in April 2002

Perhaps your post explains why Gophers fans are the way they are. If you are so thin-skinned that a taunt is still troubling you one decade later than you have my sympathy.

Perhaps this thin skin is why Gopher fans always turn nasty towards the other team's fans when things don't go well in their barn. Woog's mention of the donnybrook (started by old man Olimb if I remember correctly) is a perfect example. Yet it wasn't the Gopher dad's who got tossed out that evening and they probably didn't have to pay for their tickets. I vowed to never spend another dime on hockey in the TC and I have a few knuckle scars as a souvenir from that one.

I have travelled to quite a few road games over the years to watch the Sioux play at all the WCHA arenas except Houghton and, other than a few obnoxious drunks in Wisconsin, I have never witnessed the arrogant and unsportsmanlike behaviour anywhere else. I have been taunted by other fans when the Sioux stunk out the place, especially in the 70s, but giving and taking it is all part of both the game and being a true fan

Nice rant. So the loathing goes back quite a ways right? :lol:

Fan hatred has grown substantially since the internet was invented. First on a Sioux board (Kvalelog's I think) in the 90's (later hacked), followed closely by gopherssuck.com, then with the introduction of the USCHO fan board.

Fan hatred has grown substantially since the internet was invented. First on a Sioux board (Kvalelog's I think) in the 90's (later hacked), followed closely by gopherssuck.com, then with the introduction of the USCHO fan board.

I think so too. Good old Hobey Dan. :lol: