SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UMtc

AZSIOUX

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering how good Toews, Duncan and Okposo are, and Chorney having captained Team USA, and Genoway's slick move to set up Toews' goal: How good was that Shattuck team a few years ago?

Also, with Lammy, Bina and Porter all playing very well, and Backes, Potulny and Irmen all drawing paychecks playing the game, how good was Lincoln in the USHL four years ago?

While the internet has turned the rivalry volume way up among the fans, I think the lack of vitriol last night between the teams is partly due to a lot of the players being friends and occasional teammates. Okposo and the Shattuck guys, plus all the guys who have been teammates on Team USA the past few years. They are all competitors and really want to win, but I don't think the hatred is where it was even a few years ago when McMahon fought Vanelli's face.

I was surprised at the lack of chippiness we usually see between these two teams. You've come up with one reasonable explanation.

All I want to know is, where is tc transvestite today? Going into this weekend all I was hoping for was a good showing by our guys and maybe coming away with 2 pts. After watching the goophs fold up like the heartless little bitches that they are last night, I'm now praying for a sweep. Then, maybe idiots like tc will keep their stupidity off of this board for the duration of the season. But I'm sure that is way too much to ask for. The other thing I would like to point out is briggsy sure looks like he's poised for his normal post-season slump (although I think this has been pointed out several times in other threads already.)

All I want to know is, where is tc transvestite today? Going into this weekend all I was hoping for was a good showing by our guys and maybe coming away with 2 pts. After watching the goophs fold up like the heartless little bitches that they are last night, I'm now praying for a sweep. Then, maybe idiots like tc will keep their stupidity off of this board for the duration of the season. But I'm sure that is way too much to ask for. The other thing I would like to point out is briggsy sure looks like he's poised for his normal post-season slump (although I think this has been pointed out several times in other threads already.)

watch out, I pointed that out on Tuesday and got told that I was wrong. I am willing to bet that Frazee is in net tonight, which will make it a completely different game and our boys better be ready.

well, I must admit I was disgusted with the Gophers effort they showed last night.... nice come back for the Sioux!!!!!! I think the SIOUX get in Briggs head and are his Kryptonite!!!! man he makes the saying (Gophers have always had bad Goalies) saying so true!!!!!! well its better to play bad now, than in march!!!! I hope to see a better effort tonight Go Gophers.....

they sure went head to head it seemed on every faceoff, great match-up to watch...okposo had that one sick azz move but put it right in phils pads, thank goodness.....toews also had that move early that was just stupid, kid has game!! DOT line was great and FABIANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN gets dirty again!!

Well, game 1 went the Sioux (nice come back) I will admit it the Gophers played like poop no excuses from me and man did Briggs play like his old self he always leaves me with a huge ? mark about him in big games .......... we will see Frazee tonight hope he steps up.....

:D:D yeah the sioux sure have sucked lately, damnnnn, time to slice the wrists, drop the fkn puck bichessssssssssssss

nice win for the Sioux!!!!!! great come back after being down 2-0 But really its not the whole season or a championship game!!!!! and they always seem to split when the only play one series in a season so simmer down ok buddy!!!!!

Who siad it? That when any time you pull the jersey over your head it matters!

Quote : Nothing was lost tonight except one WCHA game. Winning is always better than losing but the nature of college hockey makes regular season games nearly meaningless for a team like ours. Remember how the 02/03 team played in January? Remember how UW played last year in Jan/Feb? Remember how the 05/06 Gophers played in Jan/Feb? How did those teams end up?

We have a long time to get right. I hope it starts tomorrow. Bottom line for this team is that it will have 4 games to win in April regardless (barring unheard of disaster) to win a title whether we won or lost tonight.

http://www.gopherpucklive.com/viewtopic.ph...8&start=450

I don't beleive the players think this way.

Beating the Gophers is great, no doubt, but the big thing out of this weekend is the two wins and the four points. In the league, here's why: With this weekend sandwiched between an out-of-conference weekend and an off weekend, the four points at Mariucci were the only ones available to UND in a three-week span. If this had gone the other way, UND could have been in a position where it gained no points in three weeks, while some of its rivals could have earned as many as 12. It could have really buried UND into the bottom half of the WCHA. Instead, the Sioux have held their own in this three-week stretch. Here's what the league has done:

MN - Earned 2 of 8 points, can get 4 more.

SC - Earned 6 of 8 points, done for now.

DU - Earned 4 of 8 points, can get 4 more.

CC - Earned 1 of 4 points, can get 4 more.

UND - Earned 4 of 4 points, done for now.

WI - Earned 2 of 4 points, can get 4 more.

AA - Earned 2 of 4 points, can get 4 more.

MT - Earned 5 of 8 points, can get 4 more.

MSU - Earned 2 of 4 points, can get 4 more.

UMD - Earned 0 of 4 points, can get 4 more.

This off weekend for UND includes these matchups:

MN at UAA

UMD at DU

WI at CC

MTU at MSUM

This off weekend for UND includes these matchups:

MN at UAA

UMD at DU

WI at CC

MTU at MSUM

I understand the reasoning for rooting for Minnesota, UMD, and MSUM but who do you root for with the UW/CC tilt?

If CC is swept, it puts UW 1 point ahead of UND. If CC sweeps they are now 5 points ahead of the Sioux.

A split would mean that UW would be tied with UND and CC would pull ahead by 3 points.

Is my math wrong or is this really the scenario?

I understand the reasoning for rooting for Minnesota, UMD, and MSUM but who do you root for with the UW/CC tilt?

I'd root against DU and SCSU every game they play. If you can stomach it root for UW. The Sioux are only 4pts out of 3rd which is where the Sioux will probably finish the season in the WCHA. If all you want is 5th and home ice, go ahead and root for CC and bury UW. That's what I'll be doing.

If CC is swept, it puts UW 1 point ahead of UND. If CC sweeps they are now 5 points ahead of the Sioux.

A split would mean that UW would be tied with UND and CC would pull ahead by 3 points.

Is my math wrong or is this really the scenario?

Most of the math is right. The only thing wrong is that if UW and CC split, CC will be 3 points ahead and UW will be 1 behind us.

I'd root against DU and SCSU every game they play. If you can stomach it root for UW. The Sioux are only 4pts out of 3rd which is where the Sioux will probably finish the season in the WCHA. If all you want is 5th and home ice, go ahead and root for CC and bury UW. That's what I'll be doing.

I am not really sure we want to root for UW. CC doesn't seem as good as their record indicates and UW seems better than their record looks. CC finishes up with series against Minn, Denver, SCSU, and Minn St. UW finishes up against AA, SCSU, Tech, and UMD. On paper it looks like UW has a lot easier schedule. I wouldn't mind seeing CC sweep or at the very least a split. UW would then stay behind us in the race for home ice. I think we can catch CC even if they are 3 or 5 points ahead if we play like we have been since the break.

I am not really sure we want to root for UW. CC doesn't seem as good as their record indicates and UW seems better than their record looks. CC finishes up with series against Minn, Denver, SCSU, and Minn St. UW finishes up against AA, SCSU, Tech, and UMD. On paper it looks like UW has a lot easier schedule. I wouldn't mind seeing CC sweep or at the very least a split. UW would then stay behind us in the race for home ice. I think we can catch CC even if they are 3 or 5 points ahead if we play like we have been since the break.

I am thinking we can pass up C.C. and take our chances against a MSU-M, MTU or a UAA. I like those chances.

UW has a goaltender that can flat out play. Their defense is pretty good, though has spotty bad patches. However, UW has no offense to speak of and that's why I think UW is exactly as good as their record indicates. I mean, we didn't play stellar hockey vs. MSUM but we still took the first two from them using a rookie goaltender no less.

The way it looks I'd take:

MN/SCSU for 1st/2nd

DU 3rd

UND

CC

UW

MTU

UAA

MSUM

UMD (:ohmy: - I think this is the end of Sandelin in Duluth :lol: )

UW has a goaltender that can flat out play. Their defense is pretty good, though has spotty bad patches. However, UW has no offense to speak of and that's why I think UW is exactly as good as their record indicates. I mean, we didn't play stellar hockey vs. MSUM but we still took the first two from them using a rookie goaltender no less.

The way it looks I'd take:

MN/SCSU for 1st/2nd

DU 3rd

UND

CC

UW

MTU

UAA

MSUM

UMD (:ohmy: - I think this is the end of Sandelin in Duluth :lol: )

I agree with most of this. I see UW possibly overtaking CC if they sweep this weekend. I also see us with an outside shot at 3rd but I sure would like another shot at Tech at home.