SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UMtc

AZSIOUX

Go ahead, call me a troll. I find your board fairly entertaining during Gopher/Sioux week.

Here's an honest take. Gophers win Saturday night for sure. Friday is the iffy night. If the Sioux get a point or two, it will ocme on Friday, that makes tonights game the big one in my opinion.

One last thing, I'll admit it i can"t stand the Sioux, but I respect the fans. YOu guys are passionate and that's cool. I wish/hope you could return the repsect. I like good natured jawing, but some of the comments here (and on GPL) get a little rediculous. It's almost as bad as sying my dad could beat up your dad.

To sum things up, I want a fast, physical game with a hard shove or two on both sides but a clean, stand up game over all. And I hope the Refs keep the whistle in the pocket as much as possible.

No trolls here just Skippies :lol:

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go ahead, call me a troll. I find your board fairly entertaining during Gopher/Sioux week.

Here's an honest take. Gophers win Saturday night for sure. Friday is the iffy night. If the Sioux get a point or two, it will ocme on Friday, that makes tonights game the big one in my opinion.

One last thing, I'll admit it i can"t stand the Sioux, but I respect the fans. YOu guys are passionate and that's cool. I wish/hope you could return the repsect. I like good natured jawing, but some of the comments here (and on GPL) get a little rediculous. It's almost as bad as sying my dad could beat up your dad.

To sum things up, I want a fast, physical game with a hard shove or two on both sides but a clean, stand up game over all. And I hope the Refs keep the whistle in the pocket as much as possible.

Troll! (You told me to call you that! :lol: ) No, honestly, you gave an honest opinion, and your post doesn't sound like you're posting here with your only intent to piss of Sioux fans.

you are not a troll, you are the MS. CLEO the psychic :lol:cleo_inside_031402.jpg

saturday for sure?? damn wish i could bet online on college hockey then and put up my savings on the goofs ;)

fans will be fans, talk sh#$ and move on, then come back and talk more sh$%, i love it!!

tonight the gophs will be shorthanded for sure, 10 real forwards......that will make for a interesting sub plot, is this a built io\n excuse already if the sioux win tonight?? real gopher/hockey fans wouldnt use it....

should be great as always

10 forwards should be enough. No excuses, we will have many TV timeouts to get our wind back.

nice............how many games has shack played at forward?? is he usually a healthy scratch player otherwise as a 7th d man?? thanks

nice............how many games has shack played at forward?? is he usually a healthy scratch player otherwise as a 7th d man?? thanks

He was slated to be the 8th defensemen before it was known Hagemo wasn't going to be able to play, but he has played in 18 of the games and holds his own just fine.

He was slated to be the 8th defensemen before it was known Hagemo wasn't going to be able to play, but he has played in 18 of the games and holds his own just fine.

so 17 at D?? and just 1 at forward? gracias amigo

Swept in a first round WCHA playoff series in 2002.

Lost by THREE to something called Ferris State in the first round in 2003.

With Parise, Bochenski, Murray, Stafford, etc., a #1 NCAA seed holds a team to 17 shots on goal and still loses in 2004.

In 2005, following a nice run to the title game, the all-mighty Jordan Parise stops 83.3 percent of the shots he faces as they get beat by THREE GOALS.

In 2006, another Frozen Four flameout. Decides to give BC a 5-1 lead and then remember the pride they have wearing the Sioux sweater to make a game of it. Once again, holier than thou, better than Briggs, Jordan Parise stops 80.6 percent of the shots he faced.

Only 2,463 days since the last Sioux title.

Last 10 years:

1997 UND Sioux

1998 Michigan

1999 Maine

2000 UND Sioux

2001 BC (in OT over UND)

2002 Minnesota

2003 Minnesota

2004 Denver

2005 Denver

2006 Wisconsin

Over the past 10 years, the Sioux have been in 5 Frozen Fours, 4 title games and won 2 championships. I believe that the Rodents have been in 3 Frozen Fours, 2 title games and 2 championships. Both pretty impressive.

If you believe that 6 years ago is not "recent", than I suppose its a matter of perspective. To Denver and Wisconsin, the Gophers haven't won for quite awhile---1386 days and counting. If you want to be arrogant, I guess Wisconsin could say that the Gophers haven't done anything in a long time. That is the logical extreme of your argument (which assumes that you are ever logical or have any objectivity) To the rest of the country, its pretty recent.

The Sioux have had their failures, but at least they never lost an NCAA regional team to a team from a conference that no one has ever heard of---Holy Cross. In the last important game that the 2 teams played, in Columbus at the Frozen Four in 2005, the Sioux won 4-2.

The bottom line is that these are probably 2 of the top 5 programs in the country no matter how you measure it. The Sioux certainly hold their own with the Gophers. We can both manipulate the statistics to support our side of the argument, but your stupid rants really get old.

Thats interesting but I only get my news from Fox News. CNN is too negative and biased. So I wouldn't have a problem with that concept.

GPL Gopher love feast.

Biased? You should always be careful about anyone who claims they are "fair and balanced".

The lady doth protest too much, me thinks.