SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UMtc

AZSIOUX

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swept in a first round WCHA playoff series in 2002.

Lost by THREE to something called Ferris State in the first round in 2003.

With Parise, Bochenski, Murray, Stafford, etc., a #1 NCAA seed holds a team to 17 shots on goal and still loses in 2004.

In 2005, following a nice run to the title game, the all-mighty Jordan Parise stops 83.3 percent of the shots he faces as they get beat by THREE GOALS.

In 2006, another Frozen Four flameout. Decides to give BC a 5-1 lead and then remember the pride they have wearing the Sioux sweater to make a game of it. Once again, holier than thou, better than Briggs, Jordan Parise stops 80.6 percent of the shots he faced.

Only 2,463 days since the last Sioux title.

2,463 days of solid choking................

The lines for tonight, as posted on gpl by hubba...

Minnesota

Stoa-Okposo-Howe

Lucia-Wheeler-Barriball

Carman-O'Brien-Flynn

Schack-Bostrom

Goligoski-Vannelli

Peltier-Johnson

Fischer-Anderson

Briggs

North Dakota

Duncan-Toews-Oshie

Porter-Watkins-Miller

Fabian-Kaip-Kozek

Radke-VandeVelde-Zajac

Finley-Bina

Chorney-Lee

Jones-Genoway

Lamoureux

The lines for tonight, as posted on gpl by hubba...

Minnesota

Stoa-Okposo-Howe

Lucia-Wheeler-Barriball

Carman-O'Brien-Flynn

Schack-Bostrom

Goligoski-Vannelli

Peltier-Johnson

Fischer-Anderson

Briggs

North Dakota

Duncan-Toews-Oshie

Porter-Watkins-Miller

Fabian-Kaip-Kozek

Radke-VandeVelde-Zajac

Finley-Bina

Chorney-Lee

Jones-Genoway

Lamoureux

Looks like a toss-up to me. Other than the DOT line for us and the Wheeler-Barribal line, I would say there are alot of scenarios that could play out. What I mean is, you know what your going to get with the DOT boys, and with Wheeler's line. The game will be won by someone on those other lines stepping up and putting it away. Perhaps Fabian and co. for example.

Looks like a toss-up to me. Other than the DOT line for us and the Wheeler-Barribal line, I would say there are alot of scenarios that could play out. What I mean is, you know what your going to get with the DOT boys, and with Wheeler's line. The game will be won by someone on those other lines stepping up and putting it away. Perhaps Fabian and co. for example.

Okposo scares me.

Duncan-Oshie-Toews line scares me.........

Join the club... From all accounts I have read they basically dominate any team when they are on the ice. I assume the same would be true this weekend. If we can hold them scoreless all weekend long (big task) the Gophers could sweep. If they start hitting and sticking like Popeyes fried chicken I just may have to head back to the hardware store for more paint thinner

Join the club... From all accounts I have read they basically dominate any team when they are on the ice. I assume the same would be true this weekend. If we can hold them scoreless all weekend long (big task) the Gophers could sweep. If they start hitting and sticking like Popeyes fried chicken I just may have to head back to the hardware store for more paint thinner

They had a good game tonite. Okposo was sick at times.

That was the big save that Briggs just couldn't come up with tonight.

That's what seemed like such a killer on Duncan's goal. The Sioux had made plenty of mistakes, it seemed to me, that gave opportunities to the Gophs to get back in. Fortunately, none of them were quite as aggregious as that turnover, and the goalie didn't make the save, but Lammy did. It's the kind of goal, to be honest, I was fearing the Gophs would get with too much time left in the game. This one came to the Sioux. I could see the reverse tomorrow, but hope not.

Toews undressed Vanelli with a sick move in the first and I don't think he (Vanelli) ever recovered.

He didn't have to recover, his linemates recovered the puck from Toews for him. Unfortunately. That was during that 24 minutes of the game where no one could keep the vulcanized rubber on the tape. ??

I also noticed that JT schooled him on a couple of face offs tonight.

That is what the extra year in the WCHA gives him. Wait till next year, if Okposo is still around like I expect him to be he will be doing that to not just freshmen but upper classmen around the league.

I also noticed that JT schooled him on a couple of face offs tonight.

they sure went head to head it seemed on every faceoff, great match-up to watch...okposo had that one sick azz move but put it right in phils pads, thank goodness.....toews also had that move early that was just stupid, kid has game!! DOT line was great and FABIANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN gets dirty again!!

Considering how good Toews, Duncan and Okposo are, and Chorney having captained Team USA, and Genoway's slick move to set up Toews' goal: How good was that Shattuck team a few years ago?

Also, with Lammy, Bina and Porter all playing very well, and Backes, Potulny and Irmen all drawing paychecks playing the game, how good was Lincoln in the USHL four years ago?

While the internet has turned the rivalry volume way up among the fans, I think the lack of vitriol last night between the teams is partly due to a lot of the players being friends and occasional teammates. Okposo and the Shattuck guys, plus all the guys who have been teammates on Team USA the past few years. They are all competitors and really want to win, but I don't think the hatred is where it was even a few years ago when McMahon fought Vanelli's face.