SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UMtc

AZSIOUX

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fan hatred has grown substantially since the internet was invented. First on a Sioux board (Kvalelog's I think) in the 90's (later hacked), followed closely by gopherssuck.com, then with the introduction of the USCHO fan board.

And if you are one of those thin skinned Gopher fans that I alluded to in my previous post, why in the name of hockey would you visit another teams chat. Do yourself a favor and stick with a site that only speaks highly of your empire.

Nice rant. So the loathing goes back quite a ways right? :lol:

For me, the loathing came naturally at a young age. No obnoxious fans to speak of, no fights in the parking lot, no beer and popcorn thrown in anger.

I just don't like gopher hockey. At all.

And if you are one of those thin skinned Gopher fans that I alluded to in my previous post, why in the name of hockey would you visit another teams chat. Do yourself a favor and stick with a site that only speaks highly of your empire.

That is why we come to this board to get all of our Golden Gopher hockey news :lol:

That would be like only getting my news from cnn.com or foxnews.com, but not both. Plus I'm wearing like 10 layers of Gopher clothing so my thin skin doesn't get rubbed too raw here.

Only if you aren't a Toronto fan. To the majority of Canadian fans it is refered to as the Toronto Sports Network.

Funny thing they also call CBC hockey on saturday nightas hockey night in Toronto (its supposed to be Canada).

Slow down there SH; you should know by now that I'm no Gopher fan. :lol:

That would be like only getting my news from cnn.com or foxnews.com, but not both. Plus I'm wearing like 10 layers of Gopher clothing so my thin skin doesn't get rubbed too raw here.

Thats interesting but I only get my news from Fox News. CNN is too negative and biased. So I wouldn't have a problem with that concept.

GPL Gopher love feast.

I know this is somewhat off topic, but where the hell is Mafia Man lately? This thread is ripe for some of his pictures and interesting anecdote's.

I wondered about that myself. I think we should issue an Amber Alert. :lol:

Funny thing they also call CBC hockey on saturday nightas hockey night in Toronto (its supposed to be Canada).

I know there must be a difference between the Gopher and Leaf fan base but to this day I haven't been able to put my finger on it. ;) Unless you would be willing to accept the stronger beer as an excuse for TO fan behaviour. The relationship between Montreal and Toronto fans is very similar to that of UND vs UMTC. Toronto fans are also convinced that they are the center of the hockey universe despite their lack of playoff success.

I know there must be a difference between the Gopher and Leaf fan base but to this day I haven't been able to put my finger on it. :lol: Unless you would be willing to accept the stronger beer as an excuse for TO fan behaviour. The relationship between Montreal and Toronto fans is very similar to that of UND vs UMTC. Toronto fans are also convinced that they are the center of the hockey universe despite their lack of playoff success.

Swept in a first round WCHA playoff series in 2002.

Lost by THREE to something called Ferris State in the first round in 2003.

With Parise, Bochenski, Murray, Stafford, etc., a #1 NCAA seed holds a team to 17 shots on goal and still loses in 2004.

In 2005, following a nice run to the title game, the all-mighty Jordan Parise stops 83.3 percent of the shots he faces as they get beat by THREE GOALS.

In 2006, another Frozen Four flameout. Decides to give BC a 5-1 lead and then remember the pride they have wearing the Sioux sweater to make a game of it. Once again, holier than thou, better than Briggs, Jordan Parise stops 80.6 percent of the shots he faced.

Only 2,463 days since the last Sioux title.

With Parise, Bochenski, Murray, Stafford, etc., a #1 NCAA seed holds a team to 17 shots on goal and still loses in 2004.

In 2005, following a nice run to the title game, the all-mighty Jordan Parise stops 83.3 percent of the shots he faces as they get beat by THREE GOALS.

In 2006, another Frozen Four flameout. Decides to give BC a 5-1 lead and then remember the pride they have wearing the Sioux sweater to make a game of it. Once again, holier than thou, better than Briggs, Jordan Parise stops 80.6 percent of the shots he faced.

And a few hrs. from you getting a good dose of shut the hell up.

Prepare for the onslaught of Holy Cross references. You have done it now. Good luck to you and may God have mercy on your soul.

TC is a Gopher fan & I am a Gopher fan, however I do not want to be affiliated with his/her comment

Prepare for the onslaught of Holy Cross references. You have done it now. Good luck to you and may God have mercy on your soul.

TC is a Gopher fan & I am a Gopher fan, however I do not want to be affiliated with his/her comment

No kidding, same here. Ferris State has nothing to do with the Holy Cross loss. Jesus, someone has been hitting the bottle a little early today!

Go ahead, call me a troll. I find your board fairly entertaining during Gopher/Sioux week.

Here's an honest take. Gophers win Saturday night for sure. Friday is the iffy night. If the Sioux get a point or two, it will ocme on Friday, that makes tonights game the big one in my opinion.

One last thing, I'll admit it i can"t stand the Sioux, but I respect the fans. YOu guys are passionate and that's cool. I wish/hope you could return the repsect. I like good natured jawing, but some of the comments here (and on GPL) get a little rediculous. It's almost as bad as sying my dad could beat up your dad.

To sum things up, I want a fast, physical game with a hard shove or two on both sides but a clean, stand up game over all. And I hope the Refs keep the whistle in the pocket as much as possible.