SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UMtc

AZSIOUX

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone remember when Matt Greene got in trouble with his mom, coaches and others for an interview with Hockeys Future where he said something about UND being a hockey factory? I guess EJ might be getting a similar call:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...27?OpenDocument

"No one on the hockey team is here to go to school. You get a good education, but everyone is here for hockey."

This should help improve the less than acceptable MnTech student athelete program with regard to academics which has come to light in the last few days.

ya right - silly me.

back to the game, i know, boring :lol: looks like umtc will be rolling only 10 forwards...is this correct gophs fans??....pretty damn thin if you ask me...that will take a toll late in a game vs the sioux or vs any decent team, this makes it more important to play very very pysical from the drop of the puck....tomorrow night cannot come any quicker...LETS GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXX

back to the game, i know, boring :lol: looks like umtc will be rolling only 10 forwards...is this correct gophs fans??....pretty damn thin if you ask me...that will take a toll late in a game vs the sioux or vs any decent team, this makes it more important to play very very pysical from the drop of the puck....tomorrow night cannot come any quicker...LETS GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXX

Yeah I guess they are going with 10. They are missing Hirsch, Tom Pohl, and Evan Kaufmann. They rolled with 8 forwards against MSU and beat them 5-1. I would look for a more conservative play style this weekend with the depleted line-up. They played a lot of dump and chase against MSU. Made for a boring game but hey they won.

Yeah I guess they are going with 10. They are missing Hirsch, Tom Pohl, and Evan Kaufmann. They rolled with 8 forwards against MSU and beat them 5-1. I would look for a more conservative play style this weekend with the depleted line-up. They played a lot of dump and chase against MSU. Made for a boring game but hey they won.

gordon is is forward correct?? or i may be wrong...hes only out friday though due to being a human punching bag, sucks for him....i did watch that game vs msu, have a feeling it will be a bit different vs the sioux tough with 10 forwards...do the gophs have any others that can fill the void that dont usually play like the sioux's scott foyt or is this all they have? thanks

gordon is is forward correct?? or i may be wrong...hes only out friday though due to being a human punching bag, sucks for him....i did watch that game vs msu, have a feeling it will be a bit different vs the sioux tough with 10 forwards...do the gophs have any others that can fill the void that dont usually play like the sioux's scott foyt or is this all they have? thanks

No,they are really in the proverbial rock and a hard place missing Gordon Friday night. Brian Shack played forward the last couple of weekend's. The Gophers have 7 defensemen. They could play 6 defensmen and move Shack to forward to make 11 but that does not make any sense since they can't go with 4 lines.

I guess Saturday night with Gordon back they could move Shack to forward and roll 4 lines that way.

I said this will be a split this weekend. Depleted Gophers lineup adds to a UND victory Friday night but Gophers come back to win Saturday.

It's a short lineup but I predict we'll see the gophers suffer few problems because of the remaining talent, and the fact guys know they have to suck it up and meet the challenge. In fact, like the Friday MSU game I'm worried about MN too easily rising to the occasion. The Sioux need to wear them down. Play physical, play smart, draw some penalties.

I've seen you at hockey games. Sure you weren't also taking a leak while "just standing at the railing..."? ;)

PLEASE, spare me. That is nothing. Once I had the police standing behind me for 2 periods. Not the 90 year old dudes. They even had a female police officer, so it was obvs. for me. Possibly for UMDDogz as well. But we were just cheering, although that could have been the problem... you're not allowed to cheer there.

BUT, dagies does have a point. It's not like you're a choirboy, buddy... ;):lol:

PLEASE, spare me. That is nothing. Once I had the police standing behind me for 2 periods. Not the 90 year old dudes. They even had a female police officer, so it was obvs. for me. Possibly for UMDDogz as well. But we were just cheering, although that could have been the problem... you're not allowed to cheer there.

BUT, dagies does have a point. It's not like you're a choirboy, buddy... ???:lol:

I've never had trouble with security but I did get a kick out of last year. Standing at the rail for the whole game and cheering, I finally had to warn the old bitty in front of me when I was about to cheer, so she could cover her ears. ;)

Since the thread title is Talking Smack.....

Picture, if you will, a lunch room, in an older Twin Cities suburb. It's Thursday lunchtime during Sioux-Gopher week.

A little girl wearing a Sioux jersey walks in and her little Gopher friends start saying how the Sioux stink and the Gophers are going to beat the Sioux.

"Just like last March?" says the little Sioux fan.

"What happened in March?" says one of the little Gopher fans.

[sioux fan rolls eyes.] "How can you say you're going to sweep? You don't know anything about hockey!" says the little Sioux fan.

"Yes we do," say the little Gopher fans.

"OK then, who leads your team in points?" says the Sioux fan.

"I dunno," says the first little Gopher fan.

"I dunno," says the second little Gopher fan.

"I dunno," says the third little Gopher fan.

"It's Goligoski," says the knowledgeable little Sioux fan.

"How many national championships has your team won" says the knowledgeable little Sioux fan.

"I dunno," says the first little Gopher fan.

"I dunno," says the second little Gopher fan.

"I dunno," says the third little Gopher fan.

"Five," says the knowledgeable little Sioux fan. "Which is two less than the Sioux have won."

"Before you start saying how the other team stinks and how you are going to sweep, maybe you should have some information to back up your cockiness." says the knowledgeable little Sioux fan.