SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU FB Coach in the running for UM Job?

BobIwabuchiFan

Dave Hakstol is the UND HOCKEY coach, not a Minnesota Vikings cheerleader... but you don't see him making arrogant and inaccurate statement that UND hockey is the biggest athletic attraction in the three state area. At some point if you are not an egotistical jerk you must realize your place in the pecking order.

Looking at what BISON footbal did last year, and what sioux hockey is doing this year....I would have to say Coach Bohl is right.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, I am a UND fan through and through, but NCAA championships totals are NDSU-17 and UND-11. With the 8 versus 7, those 7 for UND are D-I and not D-II, so no 8 national championships at the D-II level. Neither school is better than the other, just different. comparing hockey to football is not possible as they are two different sports.

Best of Luck to NDSU when they can play in playoffs, because I truely do wish them well, just not when they play UND. and they will eventually. Like it or not, it is going to eventually happen.

Until then, grow up people. throwing shots at each other or each others teams, does nothing.

ok, I am a UND fan through and through, but NCAA championships totals are NDSU-17 and UND-11. With the 8 versus 7, those 7 for UND are D-I and not D-II, so no 8 national championships at the D-II level. Neither school is better than the other, just different. comparing hockey to football is not possible as they are two different sports.

Best of Luck to NDSU when they can play in playoffs, because I truely do wish them well, just not when they play UND. and they will eventually. Like it or not, it is going to eventually happen.

Until then, grow up people. throwing shots at each other or each others teams, does nothing.

Well put.......

Am I the only one who senses that Bohl is a bit full of himself? I just can't take the guy seriously ever since his ludicrous comment about NDSU football being the premier sporting event in the state of North Dakota. He's obviously never been to a Sioux hockey game at the Ralph.

Bohl was right, He said "Sporting Event" not "Cocktail Party".

Yeah, who wouldn't want to watch UND lose to Alaska Anchorage. Who else are they playing this season? Lake Superior State?

That must have been the game broadcast in your alternative universe. :D

The Sioux have already played Wisconsin four times and Maine twice. Minnesota's at the end of this month. Denver's next month. And maybe UND will have to play Michigan and Boston College in the playoffs as it did last season.

Yes, the typical UND hockey schedule is just full of unknown patsies. :sad:

Yeah, who wouldn't want to watch UND lose to Alaska Anchorage. Who else are they playing this season? Lake Superior State?

Pretty sure we never lost to AA at home. And even if we did, it would still beat watching the Bison beat up on Concordia St. Paul, who is well known as such a powerhouse D2 team. :sad:

That must have been the game broadcast in your alternative universe. :D

The Sioux have already played Wisconsin four times and Maine twice. Minnesota's at the end of this month. Denver's next month. And maybe UND will have to play Michigan and Boston College in the playoffs as it did last season.

Yes, the typical UND hockey schedule is just full of unknown patsies. :sad:

Pretty sure we never lost to AA at home. And even if we did, it would still beat watching the Bison beat up on Concordia St. Paul, who is well known as such a powerhouse D2 team. :D

Well, there you have it.

UND fans are just as sensitive about their hockey team as NDSU is about its football team.

Well, there you have it.

UND fans are just as sensitive about their hockey team as NDSU is about its football team.

Well there you have it.

Make a false statement, advance a baseless premise, get called on both and then pretend that it's Sioux fans who are acting like dopes.

You mean the school that has two more DI National Championships than NDSU? Or are you talking about a different Lake Superior State?

(on the stadium PA)

We've got foul, unnecessary use of facts, on Diggler. That's 15 yards and a 5 minute major. 2nd down, face off in neutral ice.

(on the stadium PA)

We've got foul, unnecessary use of facts, on Diggler. That's 15 yards and a 5 minute major. 2nd down, face off in neutral ice.

Unless I'm mistaken, LSSU has won 3 more Division I national championships than NDSU. LSSU won in 1998, 1992 and 1994. Did I miss the one that NDSU won?

Division I Men's Ice Hockey Records

You mean the school that has two more DI National Championships than NDSU? Or are you talking about a different Lake Superior State?

LSSU has 3 DI men's ice hockey NCs (88, 92, 94). NDSU doesn't have any DI national championships.

Then again, men's ice hockey is played by less than 25% (or whatever it is) of the NCAA.

Alaska, for comparison, has 8 DI rifle NCs (94, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06). That's more than UND or LSSU, but since so few schools in the NCAA participate in it, you may or may not say that those are as significant as a football or basketball NC.

Alaska, for comparison, has 8 DI rifle NCs (94, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06). That's more than UND or LSSU, but since so few schools in the NCAA participate in it, you may or may not say that those are as significant as a football or basketball NC.

I wonder how many members of the Alaska rifle teams get written about in the New York Times? I wonder how often they're mentioned on ESPN? I wonder how many have had their pictures in Sports Illustrated? I wonder how many of their championship matches have been broadcast on national television?

Yeah, that's a real valid comparison you made. :sad:

I wonder how many members of the Alaska rifle teams get written about in the New York Times? I wonder how often they're mentioned on ESPN? I wonder how many have had their pictures in Sports Illustrated? I wonder how many of their championship matches have been broadcast on national television?

LOL he made that one to easy for you PCM, Hockey is still considered a major sport, Rifle (What the hell is Rifle) is not. END OF ARGUMENT. :D , that must be the quality NDSU education that came up with that argument haha, sorry had to throw that in there.

And how many have been to the White House to meet the President?