SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU FB Coach in the running for UM Job?

BobIwabuchiFan

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I don't think you can say anything since you have never talked to the guy face to face. He is a great guy that wants to win and is down to earth.

Ohhh, well in that case just hand him the job...in fact if Saban wouldn't have taken the Alabama job I bet Bohl was next on the list. Great guy, wants to win, down to earth...all the makings of a great college football coach.

How many of the people who think Mason was a jerk have ever talked to him face to face? Can't have it both ways.

Craig Bohl seems outgoing and talkative to NDSU fans. Glen Mason seemed to be the exact opposite. He never took phone calls on his weekly radio show and called the students a bunch of drunks. Whether Mason is actually Mother Theresa and Bohl is Joseph Stalin's son doesn't matter. All that matters is perception.

just the fact that bohl hasnt stated he is committed to staying at SU makes me question the bison faithful that are so 'sure' he won't leave if offered the position.

There are no Bison faithful that know what Bohl would do if offered the position, despite what many say.

I think you have to remember the fate of past successful Bison coaches who left. There was Jim Wacker who eventually when to Minnesota and was fired for miserable teams. There was Don Morton who eventually went to Wisconson, only to get fired for miserable teams. There was Earl Solomonson who went to Montana and was never heard from again. Why leave a succesful program?

I think you have to remember the fate of past successful Bison coaches who left. There was Jim Wacker who eventually when to Minnesota and was fired for miserable teams. There was Don Morton who eventually went to Wisconson, only to get fired for miserable teams. There was Earl Solomonson who went to Montana and was never heard from again. Why leave a succesful program?

10000-2f.jpg

There are no Bison faithful that know what Bohl would do if offered the position, despite what many say.

The Blackshirts became the Pinkshirts on his watch at Nebraska, so I don't see this happening. Courtesy interview....keeps U of M in the newspapers in the Dakotas.

You've made a pretty good argument for why no decent football coach will ever work for NDSU again. :D

Fox Sports just reported that Coach Bohl is just one of two coaches called by the U of M to interview. I didn't catch the name of the other guy.

The other AD with two first names did not have much to say...Coach Bohl refused an interview.

It's Lane Kiffin, the offensive coordinator at Southern Cal.

Am I the only one who senses that Bohl is a bit full of himself? I just can't take the guy seriously ever since his ludicrous comment about NDSU football being the premier sporting event in the state of North Dakota. He's obviously never been to a Sioux hockey game at the Ralph.

Dave.......he is the NDSU FOOTBALL coach.....not a UND cheerleader!?!?!