SiouxSports.com Forum

Worst case

MplsBison

Just curious on your guy's thoughts.

There is another school that had to give up its indian nickname, I forget who, and instead of choosing a new nickname simply decided to not have one. They would just be known as "______ University".

If UND loses its court case against the NCAA, would UND simply be known as UND rather than picking a new nickname?

The football uniforms are mostly the ND logo. You'd need to replace the football endzones, but you want new turf anyway, right?

Or do you think it'd be better to pick a new nickname?

If that were to happen, I'd like to see UND go without a nickname at least for a while. The worst thing would be to do some knee-jerk reaction student vote on a list of generic and meaningless names.

If a consensus nickname develops over time, then I'd be fine with officially adopting one at that point.

If that were to happen, I'd like to see UND go without a nickname at least for a while. The worst thing would be to do some knee-jerk reaction student vote on a list of generic and meaningless names.

If a consensus nickname develops over time, then I'd be fine with officially adopting one at that point.

That seems like a good way to do it. But I would rather not see a name used that is the same as one already used by another school.

I think eventually even names like Bison, Gophers and Badgers are going to be "hostile and abusive." You know, animals have feeling too. :silly: And once PETA sees how easy it is to manipulate the No Clue About Anything group they will be all over it.

I'd like to see us use the ND logo and the slogan Force of the North, but make a deal with NCAA to leave the Sioux logos in the arenas.

You can't just wipe out 80 years of history.

Yes, I think we should scratch Big Green (Dartmouth) off the list....

http://www.thedartmouth.com/article.php?aid=2006112102030

Holy smokes, Josie. Why not just put the Native Americans over your knees and beat them over the head, and then tell them how much pain you are causing them. Good grief. That's a pitiful display of so much that is wrong with the anti-name crowd. You may one day get me to agree that a university doesn't have the right to use a nickname based on another culture, but you'll not get me to understand that somehow that's causing them such great pain.

When we scheduled UND nearly two years ago to participate in our tournament, we did so without considering their team's nickname and symbol. Perhaps we should have, but I deeply regret that we didn't.

On Friday, as I was traveling on College business, a member of my staff met with the Native American Council to discuss our hockey tournament and to offer our apology for the pain that it will cause.

Pathetic. She should apologize. She should apologize for fostering an atmosphere of needless victimization.

I would like to pick something that would stick it right back up the NCAA's you-know-what.

That is why Calvary would be good. I am not saying this to be rude. But since the Native Americans(hot PC was that) fought the Calvary woudl that be almost the opposite. But my fear is then some NA groups will complain that the Calvary was mean to them therefore we would be on another list, once again.

Just my opinion I could be wrong.

Holy smokes, Josie. Why not just put the Native Americans over your knees and beat them over the head, and then tell them how much pain you are causing them. Good grief. That's a pitiful display of so much that is wrong with the anti-name crowd. You may one day get me to agree that a university doesn't have the right to use a nickname based on another culture, but you'll not get me to understand that somehow that's causing them such great pain.

Pathetic. She should apologize. She should apologize for fostering an atmosphere of needless victimization.

I am still waiting for the Minnesota Vikings to say their sorry to me for insulting my heritage. I am not a fan of the Vikings but damn, that have a man with horns and a sword running around. I am so hurt,someone hold me.

I wonder if Josie would also apologize to all of the Irish if Notre Dame was scheduled in Hanover? Since FSU is no longer on the list, would Dartmouth be able to schedule them or Central Michigan without causing pain?

On Friday, as I was traveling on College business, a member of my staff met with the Native American Council to discuss our hockey tournament and to offer our apology for the pain that it will cause.

I truly wonder if this twit knows what pain really is.

I would like to pick something that would stick it right back up the NCAA's you-know-what.
How 'bout,

Then again, I said just cut a deal with this car manufacturer and keep the green (their racing color*) thus putting Myles Brand's lame-a$$ Pontiac to shame.

* be sure to click "Emerald" ???

Imagine going to NCAA events, with no Indian related images, where only Pontiac :silly: logos are allowed, but having that logo in. ;)

If not that: Cavalry. ..... (sound the charge)