SiouxSports.com Forum

Worst case

MplsBison

I would like to pick something that would stick it right back up the NCAA's you-know-what.

What if we changed our name to "Seminoles" I mean they already approved it and we could keep our logo. How can they force us to change the name Seminoles and let Florida St. use it. :silly:???

What if we changed our name to "Seminoles" I mean they already approved it and we could keep our logo. How can they force us to change the name Seminoles and let Florida St. use it. ;);)

I agree. We could get a horse and rider, do "the Chop", and all of that ... of course, I think the horse would have difficulty on the ice at REA, and those road apples would need to be cleaned up before the puck dropped. :silly:???

What if we changed our name to "Seminoles" I mean they already approved it and we could keep our logo. How can they force us to change the name Seminoles and let Florida St. use it. :silly:???

Hey Homer that's a good idea & your hearing that from a GATOR. Who knows it just might work you never know. GO GATORS CHOMP ON THEM SEMINOLES.

Hey Homer that's a good idea & your hearing that from a GATOR. Who knows it just might work you never know. GO GATORS CHOMP ON THEM SEMINOLES.

It might upset Florida St. but I really don't think the NCAA wants to challenge us to begin with, if we change our name to Seminoles they would have to battle FSU and I think thats definately something they don't want any part of, they already proved that. It's a far fetched idea I know but I wonder what they would do.

It might upset Florida St. but I really don't think the NCAA wants to challenge us to begin with, if we change our name to Seminoles they would have to battle FSU and I think thats definately something they don't want any part of, they already proved that. It's a far fetched idea I know but I wonder what they would do.

It's simple. The NCAA would say there is no namesake Seminole tribe within the state of North Dakota to give its blessing. Therefore, UND would stay on "the list".

If not that: Cavalry. ..... (sound the charge)

How sweet would it be for the student section at UND football games to hold up fake Cavalry swords during "charge."

Call me crazy I could almost like that as much as Fighting Sioux. (It's close enough to my proposed RoughRiders ??? ) :silly:

How sweet would it be for the student section at UND football games to hold up fake Cavalry swords during "charge."

Call me crazy I could almost like that as much as Fighting Sioux. (It's close enough to my proposed RoughRiders :( ) :D

Please, do you think the Alerus or REA ushers would allow students (or anyone) into those facilities with plastic swords? ;):huh:

What if we changed our name to "Seminoles" I mean they already approved it and we could keep our logo. How can they force us to change the name Seminoles and let Florida St. use it. :D:lol:

After the stinking it up season that Florida State had in football this year, if we changed the name to Seminoles, I would be offended.

What Dartmouth's "Big Green" experience shows:

They still have folks referencing "Indians" (retired for 30 years!) in regard to the school and its teams. If a name change were to ever occur that just can not be allowed to happen.

What that means is that if you change names you can not leave the even the remote possibility of the old moniker being taken seriously from that point forward.

You must change to something decisively different, so much so that the old moniker is completely refuted, and thus not worth even being mentioned.

That's the only way to avoid the Dartmouth experience.

Thus, ....

Go Cavalry.

If UND lost their battle with the NCAA, would they be allowed to, as an example, be "Force of the North", and keep the current logo?

Some Sioux say it is not a Sioux Indian in the logo, so could it be the "Spirit" of the past people who lived in the north? Not affiliated with any specific tribe, just a person of the past.

If UND lost their battle with the NCAA, would they be allowed to, as an example, be "Force of the North", and keep the current logo?

Some Sioux say it is not a Sioux Indian in the logo, so could it be the "Spirit" of the past people who lived in the north? Not affiliated with any specific tribe, just a person of the past.

I have been told probably not because the Logo is considered Hostile and abusive.