SiouxSports.com Forum

Facilities Master Plan

The Sicatoka

I don't know if anyone has seen these or if they were in the print edition of the Herald. But there are pictures online showing what the proposed retractable roof stadim would look like and also a few renderings of the indoor practice facility.

link

Can someone post some of the images? I'm on vacation and my blackberry seems to have a problem pulling up the posted link. Thanks.

I don't know if anyone has seen these or if they were in the print edition of the Herald. But there are pictures online showing what the proposed retractable roof stadim would look like and also a few renderings of the indoor practice facility.

link

Now that is a "WOW"!

Can someone post some of the images? I'm on vacation and my blackberry seems to have a problem pulling up the posted link. Thanks.

The link is to a *.pdf file and I don't think you can link the pictures individually in their current form.

The *.pdf shows the retractable roof stadium (field orientated north and south) sitting adjacent to or even connected to the indoor practice facility on the east side (also orientated north and south).

It is a beauty.

The link is to a *.pdf file and I don't think you can link the pictures individually in their current form.

The *.pdf shows the retractable stadium (field orientated north and south) sitting adjacent to or even connected to the indoor practice facility on the east side (also orientated north and south).

It is a beauty.

Thanks for the description. I guess Ill have to wait till tomorrow to see it.

The indoor training facility is almost an exact duplicate of what Akron built a few years ago:

HDFYBBNCXQQBLMQ.20060629160134.jpg

I think you'll get that built.

NDSU needs to build an indoor football facility.

The retractable roof stadium is quite a fantasy. Unless you get a 200 million gift, you won't be building that in the next 10 years.

Did anyone notice the fans walking to the stadium they all have the UND flame logo on and the UND logo on the flags are they inticipating a change in logo and possibly nickname??

I don't know that I would read too much into that since both the practice field and stadium field still say Sioux in the end zones...

The Master Plan addresses track, football, and women's soccer more than adequately. :cool: The indoor facility would also allow training areas for baseball, softball, and golf. But what about actual venues for competitive baseball, softball, and tennis? Could the indoor facility host softball games? With the recent signing of a very driven coach and a number of out-state softball recruits, it seems softball is getting rather high emphasis. Baseball, on the other hand, hasn't announced any signings.

I have to ask ....

I'm hearing $15-20 million for the indoor training facility. Seems a reasonable estimate.

Putting in an outdoor track and soccer facility ... I'm guessing $3-5 million?

The cost of a second ramp (a must if you lose parking to a soccer field) should be pretty easy: What'd the first ramp (west of Columbia Road) cost? $5-10 million? Anyone know the number?

The question is: What does 25000 seat stadium with a football field and a retractable roof cost?

I'm guessing that complex is $200 million at least.

I'd say 200 mill just for the stadium.

And to be frankly honest, that roof doesn't look like it opens very much from that picture.

Reminds me of the current Cowboy's stadium except that the top part opens up.

You just really don't need the roof, IMO.

I'd say another 100 mill just for the roof.

The Master Plan addresses track, football, and women's soccer more than adequately. :cool: The indoor facility would also allow training areas for baseball, softball, and golf. But what about actual venues for competitive baseball, softball, and tennis? Could the indoor facility host softball games? With the recent signing of a very driven coach and a number of out-state softball recruits, it seems softball is getting rather high emphasis. Baseball, on the other hand, hasn't announced any signings.

You wouldn't be the first school to drop baseball and you wouldn't be the last.

Wouldn't blame you at all.

The cost of a second ramp (a must if you lose parking to a soccer field) should be pretty easy: What'd the first ramp (west of Columbia Road) cost? $5-10 million? Anyone know the number?

The second proposed ramp appears to be smaller than the west Columbia, so the costs could be lower. With the soccer/track taking up a large amount of parking space, the ramps would have to be fully utilized (and parking fees could go up).

From 2005:

The board approved the request of UND to seek legislative authorization for construction of a $19,000,000 parking ramp structure

I'd say 200 mill just for the stadium.

And to be frankly honest, that roof doesn't look like it opens very much from that picture.

Reminds me of the current Cowboy's stadium except that the top part opens up.

You just really don't need the roof, IMO.

I'd say another 100 mill just for the roof.

Florida Atlantic is looking at $62 mill for 30,000 seats

On Sept. 18, FAU

You wouldn't be the first school to drop baseball and you wouldn't be the last.

Wouldn't blame you at all.

There have been some renavations to one of the softball diamonds near Kraft Field. Does anyone know how much money was spent or if some of the cost was shared by the Parks Board? It seems that will be the home for UND Baseball/Softball

Florida Atlantic is looking at $62 mill for 30,000 seats

And 30k seats is about all they're going to get.

Considering the much tougher building conditions in ND, more expensive labor and the fact that UND will want something much nicer than what FAU is proposing means the stadium as drawn is around 200 mill.

Considering the much tougher building conditions in ND, more expensive labor and the fact that UND will want something much nicer than what FAU is proposing means the stadium as drawn is around 200 mill.

Perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard that one reason Ralph Engelstad was able to build such a fabulous hockey arena in Grand Forks was because overall costs were lower here. I've heard the same thing about other buildings built on campus, ranging from laboratories to office space.