SiouxSports.com Forum

Facilities Master Plan

The Sicatoka

Where would this track/soccer stadium be located?

The intersection of 2nd Ave N and 23rd St?

I'm not too familiar with the street names in the area but looking at the pics in the print version of the GF Herald today, it looks like it would placed on the eastern 2/3 of the parking lot that currently sits north of Memorial stadium. It looks like the western 1/3 of that lot would have another parking ramp adjoining the current one across Columbia road via the skywalk.

So, which stadium are we building? The open-air field that runs east-west, or the one with the retractable roof that stays with the north-south layout? Decisions, decisions....... :lol:

My vote is for the one with the roof. ???

One thing we have to remember is that the EERC also wants that land that the Old Ralph sits on I suspect a wrestling match between EERC and Athletics in the next 10-20 years

I believe that spat was settled. The street that runs north-south on the west of the "Nut Lab" (25th?) is the line that'll be extended to the south (to the tracks) and that's the divider.

I believe that spat was settled. The street that runs north-south on the west of the "Nut Lab" (25th?) is the line that'll be extended to the south (to the tracks) and that's the divider.

That appears to be the case. The EERC's hydrogen research facilility has been built on the southeast corner of the old Ralph. So it appears the EERC received the land it needed for the new building and, I assume, that it will pick up some additional parking from lot on the east side of the arena. As I recall, property for the hydrogen research facility and additional parking were the two primary concerns of the EERC.

I'm not too familiar with the street names in the area but looking at the pics in the print version of the GF Herald today, it looks like it would placed on the eastern 2/3 of the parking lot that currently sits north of Memorial stadium. It looks like the western 1/3 of that lot would have another parking ramp adjoining the current one across Columbia road via the skywalk.

undnq9.png

I thought the parking lot you're talking of is to become parking ramps?

Thanks for the aeral photo's. Is it me or does it look like a parking ramp and track will fit between columbia and 25th. I'm using the current track as a reference (I assume that a 400m track is going to take up the same space as the one in Memorial. It would have to be a smaller parking ramp than the current one.

UNDstadium.jpg

Aren't the parking ramps on the right hand side of this drawing where that parking lot is?

Yes they are, which is located on the North side of the football stadium. One ramp is built and the other is proposed, the proposed one when built will not take up the whole existing current parking lot.

Oh I get it, the skyway is going over Columbia. So I take it that Hyslop is in the background and the endzone building is where the old Memorial grandstand is standing now?

Is the plan to renovate Hyslop into a 6-8k bball arena?

Yes to the skyway and yes to Hyslop in the background. As for renovating Hyslop into a 6-8k bball arena, basketball was addressed, renovating Hyslop was one of about four options. other options are to expand the Betty, play in the Ralph or play in the Alerus.

Those are impressive pictures. I miss going to games at Memorial Stadium. Now here is a question i have its parking...I heard about parking ramps, but is it going to have enough spots for regular parking plus tailgating? Or are we going to run into the problem like at the Alerus. Or is my best bet is to park at my parents house and walk 14 blocks to the stadium??