SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

-PA and Gorg are the gopher fans who heckle us and say "F the SIOUX!" have been to 1 gopher game that year, and got free tickets to the Final Five from a buddy, they say UND has 23 year old Canadians, are hacks, we are hicks, and the Gophers are by far the superior program(even thought they aren't at the Final Five that year)

I think you're miss reading PA, I don't think I can remember a time when PA would say something like that. I have been listening to PA on the radio for a long time and have been to a few of the live KFAN radio remotes I don't ever remember a PA like that, in fact I am not so sure he is all that up on the UND and UMN rivalry., that's why he brings in people like Cardinal to talk hockey. Gorg on the other hand can be a bit of a buffoon that is a partisan hockey mind and has called UND a bunch of hacks.

Back on the recruiting topic, does anyone have any info on who we may be looking at for possible D-man for next year? The way I see it we are going to need at least one if not two scholarship D-man (Not counting Nick Mattson) for next year and that is without losing any to early departures.

Back on the recruiting topic, does anyone have any info on who we may be looking at for possible D-man for next year? The way I see it we are going to need at least one if not two scholarship D-man (Not counting Nick Mattson) for next year and that is without losing any to early departures.

I'm curious as well. The only names I've heard us interested in have been mentioned on here previously. (i.e. Dan Molenaar from EP) I don't think there will be too many we are interested in from the MN high school ranks this year ... so I'd guess we're scouring the junior ranks for some more D.

I think that calling him a buffoon is a little too generous... :D

I don't know, Gorg knows so much about hockey and can be a great hockey analyst I just hate all the stupid comments he makes about the Sioux... You know the stupid comments like, oh no one should be shocked UND Is a bunch of goons, they are always involved in the after the whistle and thugs tactics or something like that.

I don't think there will be too many we are interested in from the MN high school ranks this year ... so I'd guess we're scouring the junior ranks for some more D.

There's not a lot for seniors, but a fair number of juniors and plenty of sophmores. That sophmore class looks the best to me right now in terms of total D1 players.

I don't know, Gorg knows so much about hockey and can be a great hockey analyst I just hate all the stupid comments he makes about the Sioux... You know the stupid comments like, oh no one should be shocked UND Is a bunch of goons, they are always involved in the after the whistle and thugs tactics or something like that.

He is Gofer Homer...I'd much rather listen to PA stumble through hockey questions/issues than listen to Gorg's bias...at least he's truthful about things he does not understand...Gorg is a tool...love the eyebrows though; does his boyfriend work on them?

• Upvote 1

He is Gofer Homer...I'd much rather listen to PA stumble through hockey questions/issues than listen to Gorg's bias...at least he's truthful about things he does not understand...Gorg is a tool...love the eyebrows though; does his boyfriend work on them?

That one is funny, I know tool is probably the right word for Gorg.

Direct link to Michaelson's committment to the Gophers

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/67749?referrer_id=32770

It sounds like we really didn't have much of a chance. I don't blame him for wanting to stay close to home and play with his friends.

Congrats on committing to the U of M. With all do respect have fun playing for program that is in shambles and is showing no sign of taking any direction on taking the necessary steps to fix problems within the program. Who knows how the Gophers will be when he joins the squad in a few years. Remember kid, you had a choice, I hope you chose wisely. :)

The Sioux can't get them all.

Congrats on committing to the U of M. With all do respect have fun playing for program that is in shambles and is showing no sign of taking any direction on taking the necessary steps to fix problems within the program. Who knows how the Gophers will be when he joins the squad in a few years. Remember kid, you had a choice, I hope you chose wisely. :)

The Sioux can't get them all.

Minnesota can have the kid. I bet he jumps ship early anyways. From what I understand his father is kind of a douche so it is understandable they would want to go to UMTC. Sounds like a person and family we don't want playing for the Sioux. Best of luck to him in his horrible decision. Kick you down the road later.

• Downvote 1

Minnesota can have the kid. I bet he jumps ship early anyways. From what I understand his father is kind of a douche so it is understandable they would want to go to UMTC. Sounds like a person and family we don't want playing for the Sioux. Best of luck to him in his horrible decision. Kick you down the road later.

I don't think we should cut down the kid after the fact like certain gopher fans do. The kid made the decision for whatever reason, but it doesn't make him any worse of a player or his dad an idiot. Rumors say that his dad thought Hakstol was an idiot. Do I believe them? No! Would we be calling his dad a "douche" if he commited here? I highly doubt it.

• Upvote 1

Picks UND: Saint

Does not pick UND: Satan

That 'bout sums it up right? :huh:

That seems to be the logic. It's the same kind of logic that bothers me about gopher fans. If Michaelson would have commited here and got a major penalty, or just a penalty period, he would automatically become a cheap hack.

I don't think we should cut down the kid after the fact like certain gopher fans do. The kid made the decision for whatever reason, but it doesn't make him any worse of a player or his dad an idiot. Rumors say that his dad thought Hakstol was an idiot. Do I believe them? No! Would we be calling his dad a "douche" if he commited here? I highly doubt it.

This is the best post on Michaelson I've seen. The kid made a decision that worked for him and I hope it does work out for him (granted I hope he never wins a game against UND or sees the NCAA tourney). I hate going on these I have this friend and his uncles, 2nd cousins, roomate, said this "..." . Let us so a little respect to him and his family.

• Upvote 1

This is the best post on Michaelson I've seen. The kid made a decision that worked for him and I hope it does work out for him (granted I hope he never wins a game against UND or sees the NCAA tourney). I hate going on these I have this friend and his uncles, 2nd cousins, roomate, said this "..." . Let us so a little respect to him and his family.

Well said. How about this. Michaelson is a good kid and a great recruit we did not have the fortune to get. Minnesota's gain and our loss.

But the minute he slithers into that maroon jersey, he's a lizard.