SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

They just stated on KVLY to stay tuned for the 10:00 P.M. sports for an announcement concerning a "possibly big addition" to UND hockey. I put this under this thread because they made it sound like a recruiting announcement. Maybe it's something else......anybody have any insight?

My guess is that it is related to the news found on the Women's Hockey page. A certain set of twin sisters are leaving the UMTC Golden Gophers program and may be returning to Grand Forks.

Holy smokes! Never thought that would happen! Anybody know what prompted this? Wow! I wonder what the spin on this will be coming out of the Twin Cities?

If true, this is a major coup for Sioux (or whatever) women's hockey! (Is it politically correct to say "coup"? After all, the Sioux used to count coup...oh, never mind.)

Holy smokes! Never thought that would happen! Anybody know what prompted this? Wow! I wonder what the spin on this will be coming out of the Twin Cities?

If true, this is a major coup for Sioux (or whatever) women's hockey! (Is it politically correct to say "coup"? After all, the Sioux used to count coup...oh, never mind.)

I have no idea why this is happening. But it could very easily make UND one of the contenders for the NC$$ title in 2010-2011.

My guess is that it is related to the news found on the Women's Hockey page. A certain set of twin sisters are leaving the UMTC Golden Gophers program and may be returning to Grand Forks.

This would be very huge and I wonder if they wouldn't be compeating for an Olympic medal as well for Team USA?

This would be very huge and I wonder if they wouldn't be compeating for an Olympic medal as well for Team USA?

The article in the GF Herald said that they would be playing for Team USA so they would have probably missed most, if not all of the college hockey season anyway. Maybe that's why they decided to make a change now.

Iceburg on GPL posted the rosters for the Sioux Falls camp. Here they are for anyone that is looking at attending,

Royal

G Paul Moberg (Forest Lake)

D Shayne McLaughlin (Eau Claire Memorial)

D Trent Johnson (Alexandria-NAHL) Out of Duluth Denfeld

D Marcus Perrier (SIOUX FALLS)

D Mike Yanis (University of Detroit Jesuit H.S.)

D Connor Allen (St. Louis-NAHL)

F Anthony Greco (Shattuck U-16) From Long Island, New York

F Brent Darnell (Detroit Catholic Central) Michigan State recruit

F Sam Coatta (Minnetonka)

F Tyler Voigt (Rochester Lourdes)

F Michael Voran (Wenatchee-NAHL)

F Christian Isackson (St. Thomas Academy) GOPHER RECRUIT

F Danny Bahntge (Cleveland Barons midgets)

F George Michalke (SIOUX FALLS)

F Matt Lindblad (Chicago-USHL)

F Cody Hotchkin (Duluth Denfeld)

Gold

G Clay Witt (SIOUX FALLS)

G Lino Chimienti (Lac-St. Louis Lions)

D Zack Kamrass (Springfield-NAHL)

D Ryan Seibolt (Cleveland Barons midgets)

D Jake McCabe (Eau Claire Memorial)

D Luke Jenkins (River Falls)

D Chad Ruhwedel (SIOUX FALLS)

F Grant Huttel (Hermantown)

F Tommy Westmark (Appleton United H.S.)

F Kyle Rau (Eden Prairie)

F Dominic Zombo (St. Louis Jr. Blues midgets)

F Chris Cimoch (St. Rita H.S.)

F Cole Wilson (Flin Flon-SJHL)

F Ryan Misiak (Motor City-NAHL)

F Kyle Gallegos (Pikes Peak midgets)

F Anthony Day (St. Francis Prep)

F Sam Cheraso (Alpena-NAHL)

Red

G C.J. Motte (Traverse City-NAHL)

D Sean Escobedo (SIOUX FALLS) Boston University recruit

D Tyler Briola (Pikes Peak midgets)

D Sam Windle (Osseo)

D Mike Reilly (Holy Angels)

D Clark Cristofoli (Ohio Jr. Blue Jackets midgets)

D Tyler Swanson (Alexandria-NAHL)

D Max Vallis (P.F. Changs midgets)

F Matt Farris (SIOUX FALLS)

F Colton Warner (Apple Valley)

F Ryan Reilly (Holy Angels)

F Connor Reilly (Holy Angels)

F Trent Frey (Springfield-NAHL) Mercyhurst recruit

F Andrew Wiebe (Thunder Bay Kings midgets)

F Nick Curry (Springfield-NAHL)

F Rob Dongara (Springfield-NAHL)

F Fredrick Cedergren (HV71-Sweden)

White

G Alex Fons (Hopkins)

G Michael Taffe (Providence Academy)

D Chris Rumble (SIOUX FALLS)

D Tony Larson (Blaine)

D Randy Cure (Springfield-NAHL) Out of Holy Angels

D Richard Coyne (P.F. Changs midgets)

D Dan Furlong (SIOUX FALLS)

F Josh Holmstrom (SIOUX FALLS)

F Travis Belohrad (Puget Sound-NorPac)

F Charlie O'Connor (Lake Forest Academy)

F Jacob Johnstone (Green Bay-USHL)

F Adam Knochenmus (Roseau)

F Mitch Torrel (Wenatchee-NAHL) From Monticello. Air Force recruit

F Gage Christianson (Alaska All-Stars midgets)

F Zach Frischmon (Blaine)

F Jason Clark (Shattuck) From Eden Prairie

F Brett Pinder (Calgary Buffaloes midgets)

F Kyle Politz (Alexandria-NAHL) From Apple Valley

Oh, is that ripe for rippin' on Duluth or what ... ;)

PS - I saw Olson in the U-18 third place game. I really couldn't see what the hype was about.

I thought he was a decent skater with nice size and decent hands.

Oh, is that ripe for rippin' on Duluth or what ... :D

PS - I saw Olson in the U-18 third place game. I really couldn't see what the hype was about. During that third place game the Fins had a couple defensemen who looked better. (He'd have been the third or fourth best defenseman on Team USA.) But I also felt like he was pressing, and maybe a little too much.

I'll agree with that, he didn't play that well, him and the rest of Team Canada. But I saw a couple of Canada's other game's and he looked pretty good in those to me.

I'll agree with that, he didn't play that well, him and the rest of Team Canada. But I saw a couple of Canada's other game's and he looked pretty good in those to me.

olsen is a hell of a hockey player and that is evident regarding his draft stock. would have been great to see him in green and white but it didnt work out which was too bad. i think early on he had intentions of playing at UND. he will be great at UMD, kid can play

Olsen is a Bulldog....big deal. There were a lot of other good players in college hockey when we won our titles that didn't wear Sioux sweaters.

I heard from a pretty good source that Olsen actually was ready to public commit to UND (and already told the coaches he would), but something came up and Olsen was upset about something so changed his commitment. From what I understood, our coaches and Olsen had a disagreement. So, he was almost ours, but maybe it's a good reason he's not. (PS, sounds like a Chelios deal and look what happened during that timespan)

Olsen is a Bulldog....big deal. There were a lot of other good players in college hockey when we won our titles that didn't wear Sioux sweaters.

I heard from a pretty good source that Olsen actually was ready to public commit to UND (and already told the coaches he would), but something came up and Olsen was upset about something so changed his commitment. From what I understood, our coaches and Olsen had a disagreement. So, he was almost ours, but maybe it's a good reason he's not. (PS, sounds like a Chelios deal and look what happened during that timespan)

That is fine...nothing wrong with leveling the playing field. Better the Dogz than the Gophers

That is fine...nothing wrong with leveling the playing field. Better the Dogz than the Gophers

Apparently the Goofs have a defenseman coming in that is supposed to be of the Matt Greene mold.

Apparently the Goofs have a defenseman coming in that is supposed to be of the Matt Greene mold.

IMHO, Seth Helgeson will prove to be a disappointment in the long run. I don't think he'll be the physical force the goofers need him to be. He'll either jump into the play too often and get burned, or he'll get skated around like a road cone in his own zone. Again, this is mere speculation. If he fits any mold, it's David Fischer.

IMHO, Seth Helgeson will prove to be a disappointment in the long run. I don't think he'll be the physical force the goofers need him to be. He'll either jump into the play too often and get burned, or he'll get skated around like a road cone in his own zone. Again, this is mere speculation. If he fits any mold, it's David Fischer.

That was the guy I was thinking about, that Gopher fans keep talking about.

The U of M Model Camp starts tommorow and runs through the 16th. It takes place at Mariucci and Ridder Arenas. There aren't any committed UND recruits in it but some committed WCHA recruits and many prospective recruits including Travis Boyd from Hopkins. Here are the rosters,

http://www.luciacamps.com/rosters.php

There are certain times when instruction is taking place and certain times when games are taking place. Iceburg on GPL posted the game times,

Game Times for Model Camp Games

6/12 2:30-8:15 pm

6/13 3:00-9:30 pm

6/14 2:30-8:15 pm

6/15 9:00-3:30 pm

6/16 9:00-3:30 pm

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves that I found this first. Dakota Mermis from Afton, IL made the "All-Star" roster at Lincoln's tryout camp. He's a 1994!! Here's the kicker... on his bio page for the Affton Americans, he writes...

What are your goals/dreams in hockey?: To play Junior A and get a scholarship to play for the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux.

This kid will probably be offered an early invite to the NTDP after the Select 15's. He's a left-handed defenseman.

Trivia: His uncle is HOF caliber offensive tackle Randall McDaniel, formerly of the Minnesota Vikings.