SiouxSports.com Forum

Kupchella going to Marshall University?

choyt3

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was pretty interesting. If the president believes his work here is done, then perhaps it is time to move on. New president, New AD. Would think a DI move might be imminent in that event.

http://www.marshall.edu/presidentialsearch...hellaLetter.pdf

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just read the letter as well. That alone should garner some comments from folks in GF and Bismarck.

Here's a snippet:

Although the Board here provides me with a rolling threeyear

contract, I am ready for a fresh challenge. Most of what I will be able to accomplish

here has been accomplished.

Just read the letter as well. That alone should garner some comments from folks in GF and Bismarck.

Here's a snippet:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We can only hope. The best president UND had was Tom Clifford and the best guy the AC had was Loftsgard. I think they were both "local" guys. I would hope we can find a replacement who better understands the people of the State of North Dakota and the Alumni of the University. Don't read this as saying Kuppy didn't do a good job. I think he did a decent job. I am hoping for someone with a more personable style. I would hope Bruce Smith who is head of the Aviation program would be a candidate.

From his resume:

St. Bonaventure University, St. Bonaventure, New York, Ph.D., June, 1968. Major in

Physiology, Minor in Microbiology. Thesis: The effects of induced cold torpor and time of year

on plasma acid mucopolysaccharide levels in the turtles, Pseudemys scripta elegans and

Chrysemys picta belli.

And we're suprised this guy isn't personable? :sad:

Here's a snippet:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When Kupchella applied for IUP position, his hometown, that move had to have been viewed with much more understanding. No matter what the outcome of the Marshall situation, Kupchella will now be viewed as a lameduck, IMO.

For what its worth, and having lived within an hour of Huntington, Marshall is definitely not an academic upgrade over his UND position. Perhaps when Kupchella was in Columbus for the Frozen Four, he had an opportunity to make the two hour drive to Huntington and press his case. If he gets the position, he had better show a lot of enthusiasm towards the Thundering Herd football.

If Kuppy leaves, I think the best candidate to replace him, (even though the academics will have a HUGE cow) is: Ex-Gov. Ed Schafer.

I don't know if he's even interested in the job, but he's an alumnus and an experienced leader. He's also not likely to be out-maneuvered by SU's pres.

If Kuppy leaves, I think the best candidate to replace him, (even though the academics will have a HUGE cow) is:  Ex-Gov. Ed Schafer.

There is danger there when the former governor is an "R" and the entire Congressional delegation (think Federal grants and funding) is "D".

I don't disagree that Schafer would do well, but understand what else could come with it.

There is danger there when the former governor is an "R" and the entire Congressional delegation (think Federal grants and funding) is "D".

I don't disagree that Schafer would do well, but understand what else could come with it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So they should shy away from hiring a conservative?

It is interesting to see Kupchella and his wife have padded the pockets of some Democrats.

No, I'm saying beware of appearing to side with one or the other side of the political aisle because the other side will always note it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, but I just hope they hire (if it gets to that point) the most qualified person, regardless of political affiliation.

I don't think they could hire someone without a PhD

(like IowaBison said)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, that's why I said the faculty would throw a HUGE fit. This is total BS, though, and a pardigm shift in higher education is definitely in order. Why not start it at UND?

As an Alumni, I think Cup Cake is an empty suit. I also believe that Cup Cakes , usefulness to UND has come to an end. Really think the UND alumni should think hard about this man and what he has done to this great university.

On his resume It should say: During my tenure UND I almost single handedly destroyed/screwed up UND. During my watch UND has lost many a great UND professors. During my watch the price of tuition has gone up twice in the past two years. During my tenure I almost caused UND to lose a 100 million dollar gift due to my stupidity. I actually almost caused UND to not get the new REA. This is due to his great idea that some how he had to the power to change the UND fighting Sioux name. Chuck almost bowed to the pressure of a no power weilding small interest group. I still don't to this day know how one who is suppose to be this smart jeordizes losing a 100 million dollar gift to please 25-100 people on campus. It is not smart economics. Thankfully Ralph Called him on it.

The main defining moment of his tenure is really how this dimwit liberal professor flirted with the Idea of changing the UND Fighting Sioux name. I was once told that if Cup Cake had actually gone throught and changed the Figthing Sioux name his head would have rolled so fast it wouldnt have been funny.

Apparently there was a prominant alumni from the Bismarch area that would have gotten the ball moving. Now we have a chance to get rid of him. I say great, this is an awesome opportunity.

Edited by Goon

As an Alumni, I think Cup Cake is an empty suit. I also believe that Cup Cakes , usefulness to UND has come to an end. Really think the UND alumni should think hard about this man and what he has done to this great university.

On his resume It should say: During my tenure UND I almost single handedly destroyed/screwed up UND. During my watch UND has lost many a great UND professors. During my watch the price of tuition has gone up twice in the past two years. During my tenure I almost caused UND to lose a 100 million dollar gift due to my stupidity. I actually almost caused UND to not get the new REA. This is due to his great idea that some how he had to the power to change the UND fighting Sioux name. Chuck almost bowed to the pressure of a no power weilding small interest group. I still don't to this day know how one who is suppose to be this smart jeordizes losing a 100 million dollar gift to please 25-100 people on campus. It is not smart economics. Thankfully Ralph Called him on it.

The main defining moment of his tenure is really how this dimwit liberal professor flirted with the Idea of changing the UND Fighting Sioux name. I was once told that if Cup Cake had actually gone throught and changed the Figthing Sioux name his head would have rolled so fast it wouldnt have been funny.